MFF US Northeast > Maine

Not something we see on the lakes in Indiana!

(1/4) > >>

taxid:
Right in front of the cabin on Minnehonk. Popped up near the boat. Probably old hat to you Mainers though.

gamefisher:
That's why you aren't catching any trout, far better fishermen than any of us! ;D

stguy:
Be careful, you could get arrested for harassing wildlife if the wrong person sees you that close.

Gamefishers right, they have better access to the stocking reports than we do, strange they can't fly but they are always right behind the stocking truck.

taxid:
Harassing? It popped up near the boat. I took a picture and it was gone on down the lake. The picture is actually zoomed and then blow up so it's not as close as it appears. I guess near is a relative thing. Here's the original picture.

I think I'm going to stick to Minnehonk instead of Flying Pond. Had a difficult time finding the public access on the west side, and all the cottages, lots for sale, and development reminds me of back home. I came out here to get away from that. Looks like over time it will get worse. What a shame. At least you have to be 100 feet from the water. Back home the cottages AND Full-time homes are almost on the water.

stguy:

--- Quote from: taxid on Jun 19, 2019, 11:41 AM ---Harassing? It popped up near the boat. I took a picture and it was gone on down the lake. The picture is actually zoomed and then blow up so it's not as close as it appears. I guess near is a relative thing. Here's the original picture.

I think I'm going to stick to Minnehonk instead of Flying Pond. Had a difficult time finding the public access on the west side, and all the cottages, lots for sale, and development reminds me of back home. I came out here to get away from that. Looks like over time it will get worse. What a shame. At least you have to be 100 feet from the water. Back home the cottages AND Full-time homes are almost on the water.

--- End quote ---

I was being sarcastic

It's a Maine thing, we have some folks that think the loon should be the national bird and if your within 100 yards of one for whatever reason they'll report you for harassing them.

I was taking pictures of a family of loons that popped up next to my boat last year and had people yelling at me from shore to pack up my gear and get away from them, they actaully threatened to call the game warden on me, said they had pictures of me chasing them at 1.2 miles per hour with 6 lines in the water.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version