FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: late nite catfishin  (Read 6220 times)

wny angler

late nite catfishin
« on: Jun 19, 2004, 07:15 AM »
took my son out for his first late night catfishin trip on cattaraugus creek.
 we caught 9 cats on chicken livers and lost some biggens in the snags.had a great time with those hard fighting cats,the kids gonna have some sore arms tommorow.we released all fish to fight again another day

Webguy

• Lured into it....... get reel!
Re: late nite catfishin
« Reply #1 on: Jun 19, 2004, 09:31 AM »
Cool pics and some nice fish. I had to laugh when I saw the boy sleeping.  :)

Jigwiggler

« Reply #2 on: Jun 19, 2004, 09:37 AM »
Looks like you wore the kid out!!  Cats are great fun for kids to haul in (parents too ;D ).  Nice fish, what do you bag your livers with?  It looks like gauze in the picture.  ???
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #3 on: Jun 19, 2004, 11:00 AM »
Awesome pic wny angler how late did you guy's stay out? At what age did you start taking your boy fishing? I got a little girl 17 months and i can hardly wait!!!!

Jigwiggler

« Reply #4 on: Jun 19, 2004, 11:39 AM »
Awesome pic wny angler how late did you guy's stay out? At what age did you start taking your boy fishing? I got a little girl 17 months and i can hardly wait!!!!

Trophyhunter, I started both of my kids around 18 months.  Get her out there! ;D  Just for the experience.

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #5 on: Jun 19, 2004, 12:12 PM »

Trophyhunter, I started both of my kids around 18 months.  Get her out there! ;D  Just for the experience.
I have taken her out quite a few times down to the river with her mom to watch her as i netted suckers for bait and she loved it  ;D ;D ;D Fish was one of her first words ;D and she has had her own fishing rod since she was six months one of those little barbie ones you know to get the feel of holding a rod.The mousquitos are too bad to take her out now >:(

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #6 on: Jun 19, 2004, 06:17 PM »
We were thinking about going down into the canyon on the colorado this weekend to catch some channels, but we decided to float it up 100 miles for some big browns and bows instead.

wny angler

« Reply #7 on: Jun 19, 2004, 11:57 PM »
Looks like you wore the kid out!!  Cats are great fun for kids to haul in (parents too ;D ).  Nice fish, what do you bag your livers with?  It looks like gauze in the picture.  ???
i used egg sac tying mesh to make my liver sacs,they stay on the hook better that way,you can cast a mile without losing your bait and its hard for the fish to steal your bait ,first time i used liver that way -worked great
we fished from 10pm till around 3am -would have stayed later but it started raining and we forgot our rain gear
i started taking my son fishing at 4 yrs - i,d hook the fish and let him real them in.
by the time he was 6 he could cast ,hook,and fight his own fish,

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #8 on: Jun 20, 2004, 09:36 AM »
 ;D Very nice catfishin outting there wny.  ;) Looking like a messy grand ol' time. And just plain tuckered out your son, night fishin hard on kids. I remember many a night sleeping in the boat with my dad fishin away into the sunrise.  ;D
Great pictures and a blast of a time.
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

Barleydog

• Wishin' I was a fishin'
« Reply #9 on: Jun 20, 2004, 12:58 PM »
Great photos!  NIce job Dad getting the boy onto some big fish...  Your an inspiration to other parents out there who don't take their kids out and share our great sport.  Way ta go man!  Gotta love the "passed out in the chair pic!"   

Jigwiggler

« Reply #10 on: Jun 20, 2004, 01:48 PM »
                                                            i used egg sac tying mesh to make my liver sacs,they stay on the hook better that way,you can cast a mile without losing your bait and its hard for the fish to steal your bait ,first time i used liver that way -worked great

Thanks, the stuff I have for egg sacs came in pre cut squares, I don't think it is big enough for livers.  I'll have to look for some on a roll like that.

wny angler

« Reply #11 on: Jun 20, 2004, 05:23 PM »
the wife and kids took me out for a few hours for a little afternoon catfishin on fathers day. we landed 3 nice ones and lost 5 other fish to the snags.first time the wifes been fishing with me in years,tried to get her a lunker but the 2 big ones she hooked into ran her into snags.

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #12 on: Jun 20, 2004, 09:05 PM »
very nice dad's day fishin trip, and nice cats.  ;D
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #13 on: Jun 22, 2004, 07:55 PM »
wny angler,

those pics brought a big ole' smile to my face!!!  that is what this site is all about!!!!

wny angler

« Reply #14 on: Jun 23, 2004, 05:20 PM »
havn't done any catfishing in years. recently started going out for cats again-forgot how much fun it was to catch them big nasty hard fighting fish.

had a couple of hours to spare this morning so we went out for a little mid week catfishing

only landed one big one and a bunch of 2-4lber,s
   can't wait to get out again when i have a little more time to fish

still lookin for the big one-heard of some 25 lber,s coming out of the creek this year

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.