FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: gull/ sylvan report - 24 march '07  (Read 1301 times)

wildman

gull/ sylvan report - 24 march '07
« on: Mar 26, 2007, 01:15 PM »
another wild and unpredictable day of whities!!!!
started at gull at 8-ish. tried all depths. saw a dozen whities. lost a few at the hole. missed 2 hits on the tipups. after 11 it totally died. saw zippo...
hearing that sylvan has been hot lately, we took a gamble and headed that way. showed up at sylvan a noon-ish.
set up a mere 200 yds off shore and found +40 ft. of water!!!! this lake drops like CRAZY!!!!!
saw 1 white in the deep. moved 50 yds in and it was 20-ish ft. deep.
saw dozens of whities. many times, 3-4 at a times!!!! had only one hit. moved 50 ft in and tried in 4-5 ft. deep water. saw a few. FINALLY landed one!!!! very slow.
saw a bunch of guys around us leaving with their limit!!! went and talked to some people.
a couple of super-heplful people showed us exactly what they were using and said the key was to find the right depth.
as he was leaving, we took over his spot. 5 mins later i landed my 2nd whitie!!!
and they kept coming!!!! no hesitation either!!! they were slamming the hooks and coming back 4-5 times if they missed!!!
it was fast and furious!!!! me and my buddy limited out in about 40 mins!!!!
i personally caught 8 whites in 40 mins!!! unbelievably fun!!!! this was one gamble move that truely paid off!!!!!
thanks to all the awesome people that gave us tips. we talked to lots of great people at sylvan. truly made our day.
any of you here, we were the 2 guys in the silver dakota.
thanks a bunch!!!! you guys ROCK!!!!
cheers, gw

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.