FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: SAWT  (Read 1583 times)

frozencanuck

SAWT
« on: May 04, 2007, 09:46 AM »
Is anybody going to enter the tournament this year?  I am thinking of entering on forty mile.  HAs anybody on this site entered before?
Born to fish, forced to work.

Pigshanks

• Who stopped payment on my reality check?
Re: SAWT
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 10:06 AM »
Is anybody going to enter the tournament this year?  I am thinking of entering on forty mile.  HAs anybody on this site entered before?

I look at their website and forum every now and then, but have not did a tourney. Just not able to free up that amount of time to fish just yet.

ALBERTA  REPORT A POACHER  1-800-642-3800 or #3800 on the TELUS Mobility network (Courtesy of TELUS Mobility)

frozencanuck

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 10:09 AM »
Have you fished forty mile before?  I am probably going to enter this tournament without having fished the lake at all.  I know big mistake
but you I like taking chances.   Any tips on hot spots will be greatly appreciated.
Born to fish, forced to work.

Pigshanks

• Who stopped payment on my reality check?
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 10:19 AM »
20 Years since I've been out that way fishing. I hear around the bridge is good.

ALBERTA  REPORT A POACHER  1-800-642-3800 or #3800 on the TELUS Mobility network (Courtesy of TELUS Mobility)

fishmonger535

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 11:53 AM »
i fished the traverse tourney last year.. kind of a joke.  all the guys line up and outta the 42 boats. they all made a break for the spillway.  we went up the other way. so about half way the first day we headed to see and they were all lined up 200 feet from shore fishing the spillway. that is what most of the boats did all tourney one guy was fishing from shore, and he was almost casting into the boats.  wasnt much of a tourney.. some of the odler guys, that actually won went elsewhere, fished the structure on the southeast part of the dam much more like fishing. actual skill involved then. i was in the fishing hole after, talking to a guy who fishes the northern trail, and he said thats how most of the ones donw south go. everyone heads for the spillway, and just sits there all day. it was fun.. but not my idea of a tourney... i hear the ones up north are better u fish actual lakes. no spillways.. makes it more challenging then.  good luck. forty mile is supposed to be fairly good.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.