FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: This Last Week  (Read 684 times)

bogtrotter

This Last Week
« on: Jun 19, 2020, 08:53 PM »
Since Free Fishing Day in VT last Saturday, I've decided to reconnoiter my own domain, the three branches of the Hoosic here in MA. 

(Like Yertle the Turtle, oh marvelous me, I'm king of all that I see).

On Sunday, I fished the Main Hoosic in North Adams. 

It was sunny and 68 degrees. 

I caught a 12" rainbow below the Central Radio roll dam, but struck out at the Ashton Avenue bridge.

On Tuesday, I fished the North Hoosic in North Adams, at and just below the entrance to the Natural Marble Bridge Stagte Park. 

It was sunny and 78 degrees. 

I caught an 11" rainbow right below the bridge at the entrance to the park, and three more (one 10", one 11" and one 12") a bit further down stream behind the Beaver Mill parking lot.

On Wednesday, I fished the South Hoosic in Adams from Lime Street to a little below the Lime Company outlet. 

It was sunny and 77 degrees.

Alas, I got skunked - - not even a single hit in all the spots I tried, even though there were a few decent holes along the way.

NOTE: Years ago, I fished this stretch regularly - - and occasionally caught some respectable fish (including a 19" rainbow that I landed one time directly above the sewage treatment plant) - - but statistically found it did not yield a good return on time investment, so nowadays I tend to only fish it a couple times per year.

Today, I fished the North Hoosic in North Adams - - from the roll dam downstream of the Beaver Mill to a little ways below the Eclipse Mill dam.

It was sunny and 84 degrees.

I caught a 13" rainbow just below the roll dam, an 11" rainbow at the lower end of Old Glory Rock and a 10" rainbow at the third run/hole elow the Eclipse Mill dam.

My main observation is that, although water temperatures have remained relatively cool, the stream levels are unseasonably low for this early in the summer.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.