FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: An interesting day  (Read 714 times)

bogtrotter

An interesting day
« on: Sep 19, 2020, 06:52 PM »
First frost of the season - - I had to scrape my windshield when I headed out to breakfast this morning.

I went fishing on Hudson Brook and the North Hoosic in North Adams today from 11:30 AM to 1:45 PM.

Sunny, empyrean blue skies with temps ranging from 45 degrees  (when I started) to 55 degrees (when I finished).  Water levels still very low.

I have a hole in my waders, so I headed out in swim trunks and sport sandals.  (The low water helped with the wading, if nothing else).

No luck on Hudson Brook (it was just too low) but I had a pretty good day on the water - - two browns and four rainbows (all in the 12" to 13" range).

I intended to quit around 1:15 PM or so to allow enough time to go home and change for an office "strategic planning" meeting at the Williams Inn, but the fishing was good, so I ended up "cutting things too short" and had to head straight to my meeting in my fishing togs.   

For once, I was the least dressed person in the crowd.  (LOL)

After the meeting, there were hors douevres (very good) and one of the best coffee porters that I've ever had.

lowaccord66

Re: An interesting day
« Reply #1 on: Sep 19, 2020, 08:34 PM »
Nice to hear about the browns.  They are starting to get very active.

zwiggles

Re: An interesting day
« Reply #2 on: Sep 19, 2020, 08:46 PM »
You gotta love a fishing post involving a new vocabulary word (Empyrean)!

Sounds like a fun day even if you were a bit underdressed for your meeting, and some good eats/drinks!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.