FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Well, the beer was good . . .  (Read 726 times)

bogtrotter

Well, the beer was good . . .
« on: Sep 26, 2020, 05:27 PM »
Today was Free Fishing Day in NY, so two friends and I went to fish the Hoosic in Hoosick Falls.

A gorgeous day - - sunny, blue skies.  When we left around 9 AM, it was only 50 degrees or so, but by noon it was in the low to mid 70's.

We tried the same three spots as we did the last time (in June) - - i.e., the "Town Beach," by the St. Gobain plant, and below the Falls.

My buddy Brian caught a 7" rainbow on a wooly bugger by the Town Beach, and a 12" brown on a spoon near the St. Gobain plant. 

Unfortunately, my friend Ted and I got skunked, although we did see one decent sized fish rise - - in fact, the only rise of the day.

I also saw a dead possum by the side of the road - - the first one I've seen in quite some time.  Surprisingly, the poor thing looked in fairly decent shape (i.e., not smashed flat as a pancake or all mangled) - - for all I know, maybe it was "playing possum."  Indeed, I kinda hope it was.

After fishing, we stopped for a late lunch at Brown's Brewery in North Hoosick.  I had an order of loaded fries and a couple pints of oatmeal stout - - which were fantastic.

There's supposed to be one more Free Fishing Day in New Y9rk this year - - on November 11th, which turns out to be a Wednesday.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.