FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 5 wolves killed  (Read 21289 times)

LT

• Retired MFF Mod
  • "A larger flame-thrower, you will need."
Re: 5 wolves killed
« Reply #45 on: Apr 13, 2008, 10:32 PM »
Ice fishing I pretty much chase wallyes and perch, open water, I'm after the macs in the 8-10 pound range, anything smaller or larger goes back. Backpacking in the WR range, Honey and I take a few small trout for at least one dinner. You?
                                                                                         LT  ;D
(I already miss my  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: though!)

troutchaser

« Reply #46 on: Apr 13, 2008, 10:40 PM »
Ice fishing I pretty much chase wallyes and perch, open water, I'm after the macs in the 8-10 pound range, anything smaller or larger goes back. Backpacking in the WR range, Honey and I take a few small trout for at least one dinner. You?
                                                                                         LT  ;D
(I already miss my  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: though!)

YEAH ICE FISHING IS MY GIG ALSO LKE TROUT  AND SALMON   I EAT ABOUT 3 OR 4 A YEAR AND MOSTLY RELEASE OTHERS      HAVE SOME BEERS  A FIRE ON THE ICE   NOTHIN LIKE IT       BESS AROUND HERE RANGE 2   TO 8  POUNDS NORMALLY       TAKE CARE LT

LT

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #47 on: Apr 13, 2008, 11:11 PM »
Roger that brother, you too, laters, LT out.  ;D

HIMO

• MFF Mod Team
  • Goatboy's- Wisconsin chapter "1st Wisconsin goat"
« Reply #48 on: Apr 16, 2008, 03:43 PM »
hey LT. Iwill look into your request.

HIMO

MFF Moderator
"IT'S NOT HOW DEEP YOU FISH, IT'S HOW YOU WIGGLE YOUR WORM" !!!

LT

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #49 on: Apr 16, 2008, 03:59 PM »
hey LT. Iwill look into your request.

HIMO

MFF Moderator
Thanks, LT out  ;) :whistling: :police:

Fishinwyo

• I need a bite!
« Reply #50 on: Apr 16, 2008, 04:25 PM »
Wow.......nothing like reading 3 pages of pure ignorance before bed.   :sick:  And you guys wonder why organizations like PETA want to take our guns away.  Way to go fellas! :sleep1:

Then you should have stopped reading after the first page and went back to the MAINE forum!
Fishing is always better when you can get sun burnt!

Wyoming Ice

« Reply #51 on: Apr 16, 2008, 06:12 PM »
Wow.......nothing like reading 3 pages of pure ignorance before bed.   :sick:  And you guys wonder why organizations like PETA want to take our guns away.  Way to go fellas! :sleep1:

I remember about 20 years ago reading an article in Outdoorlife or Bowhunter Magazine about the coyote problems in Maine. They were killing all of the fawn deer. It was a real serious problem. I felt sorry for the deer and the hunters in Maine. I remember thinking just how good we had had it out here in Wyoming. Well then they forced the wolves on us and protected them. Then we were in the same boat as the guys in Maine...The only difference is you guys could do something about it. They are, as I have said before, just a predator.
 On a parting shot, I wonder how you would feel if coyotes were suddenly protected. You had to sit by and watch your deer herds either move or be wiped out. It does suck.
 And sorry that you stayed up to read about our real problem out here in the West... :tipup:

Wyoming Ice

MrMarty51

« Reply #52 on: Apr 16, 2008, 06:48 PM »
I remember about 20 years ago reading an article in Outdoorlife or Bowhunter Magazine about the coyote problems in Maine. They were killing all of the fawn deer. It was a real serious problem. I felt sorry for the deer and the hunters in Maine. I remember thinking just how good we had had it out here in Wyoming. Well then they forced the wolves on us and protected them. Then we were in the same boat as the guys in Maine...The only difference is you guys could do something about it. They are, as I have said before, just a predator.
 On a parting shot, I wonder how you would feel if coyotes were suddenly protected. You had to sit by and watch your deer herds either move or be wiped out. It does suck.
 And sorry that you stayed up to read about our real problem out here in the West... :tipup:

Wyoming Ice
Most people that have never lived in these parts do`nt have a clue but let them get their coyotes protected then see what kind of a change in their language they will come up with. ???

"Every hour a person spends fishing is not taken from their lives"
                   Quote from Grant Boyson

troutaddict33

« Reply #53 on: Apr 16, 2008, 08:07 PM »
im not taking either side this post (and am not a truly strong believer of either side but can understand both viewpoints even though i don't live in WY) but someone should put up actual estimates from a reliable source of numbers of coyotes in ME where you guys are talking about and numbers of wolves in WY so there's an actual comparison number wise... ill be looking now but anyone that comes across this maybe put it up...  :)

LT

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #54 on: Apr 16, 2008, 08:36 PM »
Nice point Troutaddict33, but wolf-coyote numbers won't mean much to this thread about wolves when you consider the vast size difference and prey base of each critter. Coyotes are generally unable to take a healthy elk, although I've seen where a small pack has caught a deer on slick ice and was able to bring it down.   :sick: Had wolf de-listing occurred when it should have some considerable time back, we wouldn't have had the huge proliferation into what is known as the predatory area...but it didn't, now we have this problem  :)

doggbiter

« Reply #55 on: Apr 16, 2008, 08:44 PM »
 What would that prove?    Troutadik33  ?????

IT would prove that coyotes eat every last bite of the critters they kill......duh

Wolves kill for fun and games......whatever......hamstring healthy critters till they can't walk, then walk away before they die

LT

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #56 on: Apr 16, 2008, 08:59 PM »
     I just remembered something about that very thing, on a winter elk feedground over on the west side of the State, a wolf pack went in couple of years ago and killed about 40 head of elk...left em to rot, ate very little. G&F stacked all of them in a pile. That's a fact, cause it was documented in the Pinedale Newspaper. Hmmmmmm? Tell me I'm not the only one who recalls that? Yeah, that happenend and not just that once, couple more instances wirth less kills.  ??? ;D

troutaddict33

« Reply #57 on: Apr 16, 2008, 09:04 PM »
Nice point Troutaddict33, but wolf-coyote numbers won't mean much to this thread about wolves when you consider the vast size difference and prey base of each critter. Coyotes are generally unable to take a healthy elk, although I've seen where a small pack has caught a deer on slick ice and was able to bring it down.   :sick: Had wolf de-listing occurred when it should have some considerable time back, we wouldn't have had the huge proliferation into what is known as the predatory area...but it didn't, now we have this problem  :)

I understand that i just figured since people continuously on both of these threads compare wolves to coyotes without any mention of the size difference/verocity of the two numbers would matter. But now that you compare these factors forget about that... maybe don't compare them to coyotes then??? And looking at numbers wouldn't show that coyotes eat more of an animal than wolves lol they're poop shows that

LT

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #58 on: Apr 16, 2008, 09:13 PM »
Well, since I got the pie in the face you intended for Dogg,    :blink: :w00t:   I'll just say hmmmm...I don't recall comparing anything to anything or saying that coyotes consumed all their prey (although my guess is that they do), but that just what I've seen. They actually do eat a whole mouse or rabbit or whatever, which unless i''m mistaken is their prey base.  ;D

troutaddict33

« Reply #59 on: Apr 16, 2008, 09:19 PM »
the first part was just a response to yours. didn't say you were comparing them but countless people on here have. I was serious about the poop thing though with coyotes. you'll see the hair/bones and everything in it. they eat a lot more than mice and little creatures though like fawns and such. and yes the second part was to dogg because it was like relating clocks to peanut butter and absolutely made no sense...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.