FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 5 wolves killed  (Read 21315 times)

wyohunter

Re: 5 wolves killed
« Reply #75 on: Apr 18, 2008, 11:35 AM »
I have had the last moose license I will probley ever get so NO I wont be shooting it later. But not to worry as the wolves eat them selves out of moose and elk calves they will either starve or move out to an area they are not protected and be taken care of.  Now after reading your responces to others and my self I THINK YOU CAN TAKE YOUR OPINION AND SPELLING AND SHOVE IT IN A BAIT BUCKET!

LT

• Retired MFF Mod
  • "A larger flame-thrower, you will need."
« Reply #76 on: Apr 18, 2008, 12:49 PM »
   WHY SO YOU CAN SHOOT THE MOOSE CALF LATER !!!!    DOES THAT MAKE ALOT OF SENSE    THATS JUST YOUR SELFISH WANTS.
Okay, I only ask this out of curiosity, Troutchaser, do you hunt ?  :) LT

troutchaser

« Reply #77 on: Apr 18, 2008, 01:00 PM »
  PHEASENTS  WITH MY DOG   

LT

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #78 on: Apr 18, 2008, 01:02 PM »
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah...sweet, there's nothing quite like it ...following a motivated bird-dog. What breed?

troutchaser

« Reply #79 on: Apr 18, 2008, 01:20 PM »
german short hair  LT   VERY FUN   AWESOME POIN TER

LT

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #80 on: Apr 18, 2008, 01:26 PM »
I live for the short pheasant hunt we have over on Ocean Lake, many restrictions, but about my favorite bird to eat for table fare. Never thought I'd see the day come when I thought I could give up big-game hunting (not gonna happen) for birds...ducks, geese, pheasants, but being forced to choose, I'd take the birds/rabbits. I do love my elk/deer/moose too though...just something satisfying about having the skill to bring down a fast flying bird and that's the only time I hunt with my buddy. Truly a loner in the elk/deer woods. laters, live long, prosper, be safe, laters, Theeeeeeeeeee LT 

LT

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #81 on: Apr 18, 2008, 01:43 PM »
     Okay, here's one for you....can we actually get wolves under control and re-establish a balance? I mean, we're going to kill a few here and there, but can we maintain them pretty much in the NW part of the state? A glance at the Location of Lander on the WY map will tell non-residents how far down they've come and no matter what anybody says, they're already down here in signifigant numbers. And if we succeed at that, what's the future for an already-impacted elk/moose population say...in Jackson Hole and the National Wildlife Refuge? I say we can and will and under USFW guidlelines. Whaddaya think?   

troutchaser

« Reply #82 on: Apr 18, 2008, 01:48 PM »
     Okay, here's one for you...anybody...can we actually get them under control and re-establish a balance? I mean, we're going to kill a few here and there, but can we maintain them pretty much in the NW part of the state? A glance at the Location of Lander on the WY map will tell non-residents how far down they've come and no matter what anybody says, they're already down here in signifigant numbers. And if we succeed at that, what's the future for an already-impacted elk/moose population say...in Jackson Hole and the National Wildlife Refuge? I say we can and will and under USFW guidlelines. Whaddaya think?   
   i  think it could possibly work   with the help  of authorities  and honest sportsman

BottomDweller

• team wyoming
« Reply #83 on: Apr 18, 2008, 01:51 PM »
i, for one, have faith.
--~~as long as it's just a slow leak... i'm not worried~~--

--~~softwater pirates afloat on wyoming's high seas~~--

LT

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #84 on: Apr 18, 2008, 03:51 PM »
"...as long as it's a slow leak, I'm not worried."  :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: Haaaaa  ;D Way to go BD.

LT

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #85 on: Apr 18, 2008, 04:10 PM »
i, for one, have faith.
Me too BD, me too. It's going to balance out.  :)

Fishinwyo

• I need a bite!
« Reply #86 on: Apr 18, 2008, 04:40 PM »
Me too BD, me too. It's going to balance out.  :)

Everything always works out they way it is supposed to. So i would believe that is will all balance out as well.
Fishing is always better when you can get sun burnt!

POk3s

• Hey looky there....I got a bite!
« Reply #87 on: Apr 18, 2008, 05:20 PM »
Wow....need to take a nap after that read. 3 pages of stuff written in like 2 days! WOO!

Bottom line, if you lived here, you'd know what our problem is.

Since you don't live here, you can't know, and you will either try to understand or be stuck up about it because you think your way is right.

AND

If you live here then you want to shoot a couple, or more if given the chance.
Trent Williams<br /><br />Green River WOLVES<br />Wyoming COWBOYS<br /><br />

LT

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #88 on: Apr 18, 2008, 05:31 PM »
True, true. This is a good point to interject this observation. Just a few years ago...6 years to be exact, last day of elk season (cows only) I located a herd of 50-plus up on Big Flattop, fabulously rugged country and heck of a pack out, but I just really like it. I watched them from the thicket for 30 minutes from 15 yards away. The 6X6 herd bull was just magnificent, laying there in the snow ith his back to me. Spikes, cows, calves were everywhere, some just dozing in the patchy snow and grass, some browsing, mews, cow-calls, their elk-fragrance....cause to an elk hunter, it's a fragrance, not an odor. At some point around noon, I knew it was time to choose a dry cow. I did the deed and she plowed up 5 yards of snow with her face, neck and shoulders and drew her last breath. The herd scattered in 4 different directions and I walked over to her and reverently thanked her and did what else I had to do to get her out before nightfall. And I said all that to say this....Do you think we can ever get back to that place in time? Can we, under the guidelines set forth by USFW actually pull this off and have the herds re-populate the Pinedale area in those numbers again? Lord, I hope so!  :-\

MrMarty51

« Reply #89 on: Apr 18, 2008, 05:45 PM »
I pray Your herds of Elk and Moose multiply beyond belief. :)
Not so many years ago there were very few Coyotes in this area.When people saw them and if they had a rifle,etc. handy they would shoot them.In the late 70s it was like a Coyote population explosion.A lot of people were trapping,calling,and just outright shooting them on site.
With that said and the hunting pressure is still on them,they seems to be getting more and more of em.
Dont know if it will work with the wolves or not but I`d figure fore everyone You see there`s several more in the brush lookin out at Ya.If You do`nt get their numbers knocked down fast then they will be as plentiful as the Yotes.

"Every hour a person spends fishing is not taken from their lives"
                   Quote from Grant Boyson

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.