FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 5 wolves killed  (Read 21290 times)

er-e-is

5 wolves killed
« on: Apr 03, 2008, 05:57 PM »
According to www.pinedaleonline.com hunters have taken 5 wolves since the delisting last friday.

LT

• Retired MFF Mod
  • "A larger flame-thrower, you will need."
Re: 5 wolves killed
« Reply #1 on: Apr 03, 2008, 06:50 PM »
According to www.pinedaleonline.com hunters have taken 5 wolves since the delisting last friday.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D...makes my day, thank you. Don

Big Mack

• Team Wyoming
« Reply #2 on: Apr 03, 2008, 09:47 PM »
I love to hear it! Go get em boys..........

Big Mack

• Team Wyoming
« Reply #3 on: Apr 03, 2008, 10:16 PM »
May not have to work tomorrow, lets see float the snake, or go wolf hunting? Ahhhhhh decisions.

spudbar

« Reply #4 on: Apr 04, 2008, 09:02 AM »
apparently, one of them was killed off of the forty rod Rd by a well known fisherman on his way to one of the lakes up there, everybody pack your rifles.
fishin' hard with worms, powerbait, and marshmallows...  and i don't snag fish, 'cause it's illeegle.

Fish4Brains

• WYOICER on Ice Shanty
« Reply #5 on: Apr 04, 2008, 09:05 AM »
Rock On!!!!
If we aren't talking fishing; I have nothing to talk about!

POk3s

• Hey looky there....I got a bite!
« Reply #6 on: Apr 05, 2008, 12:54 AM »
SSSSSWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTT!
Trent Williams<br /><br />Green River WOLVES<br />Wyoming COWBOYS<br /><br />

er-e-is

« Reply #7 on: Apr 05, 2008, 09:20 AM »
apparently, one of them was killed off of the forty rod Rd by a well known fisherman on his way to one of the lakes up there, everybody pack your rifles.

Isn't 40 Rod Rd in the "Trophy Game'' area and not in the "Predator Zone"?  I also heard that the Collared male was captured in Yellowstone, Collared there, recaptured in Utah and relocated back to Yellowstone and Killed near Daniel. Quite a wide range he was traveling. Also heard that the one female that was taken was full of pups.

hump

« Reply #8 on: Apr 05, 2008, 11:36 AM »
is bondurant in the predator zone?

Rodrunner

« Reply #9 on: Apr 05, 2008, 11:39 AM »
OHHHHHH....terrible news all these wolves being killed. Its a freak'n tragedy that I cant see one in my cross hairs.

LT

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #10 on: Apr 05, 2008, 05:02 PM »
Also heard that the one female that was taken was full of pups.
Hmmmm...if my recollection of wolf-biology is accurate, that would be the alpha-female of the pack? Yes, I believe it would.  ;D

er-e-is

« Reply #11 on: Apr 05, 2008, 07:03 PM »
Hmmmm...if my recollection of wolf-biology is accurate, that would be the alpha-female of the pack? Yes, I believe it would.  ;D

Yes, I do believe that you are right LT. Here's a couple of other articles that were posted today.

Wolves killing calves in Cora country (posted 4/4/08 )
Cat Urbigkit, Pinedale Online!
The early morning check of the calving pasture this morning was not a good one for a ranch in the Cora area of Sublette County this morning. At least two or three calves were killed by wolves overnight on the ranch. Fresh tracks in the snow indicate that two wolves are responsible for the predation. This is a different ranch from the one reporting problems with wolves in the calving pasture last week, where one was killed last Friday.

Related Links:
Wolf Watch - By Cat Urbigkit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two wolves killed in South Pass area (posted 4/4/08)
Cat Urbigkit, Pinedale Online!
Two wolves were killed in the predator management portion of the South Pass area on Thursday. The location of where these kills occurred is unknown at this time, but appears to be along the western flank of the southern Wind River Mountains, where the Prospect wolf pack has roamed in the past. Hunters have 10 days to report wolf kills to the Wyoming Game and Fish Department.

Related Links:
Wolf Watch - By Cat Urbigkit

LT

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #12 on: Apr 05, 2008, 07:14 PM »
Very informative posts er-e-is, thanks, ...an invitation to local hunters from the rancher would no doubt be responded to by great numbers of men armed with high-caliber rifles and several boxes of ammo... Wish I lived closer. ;D

spudbar

« Reply #13 on: Apr 07, 2008, 09:17 AM »
Isn't 40 Rod Rd in the "Trophy Game'' area and not in the "Predator Zone"?  I also heard that the Collared male was captured in Yellowstone, Collared there, recaptured in Utah and relocated back to Yellowstone and Killed near Daniel. Quite a wide range he was traveling. Also heard that the one female that was taken was full of pups.

Forty rod rd is in the predator zone, As long as it's on that side of the elk fence, and not on National forest land.  All BLM and private is open as far as I know in the Pinedale area, you got to have permission for private, as far as Bondurant, every thing on  the southwest side of the highway is open except private unless you have permission. Good luck fellas they had a good wolf in the Elkhorn last night.
fishin' hard with worms, powerbait, and marshmallows...  and i don't snag fish, 'cause it's illeegle.

1tigger

• Nothing like a Jitterbug in the dark !!
« Reply #14 on: Apr 07, 2008, 10:14 AM »
What is the going rate for a skin out there ?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.