FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 5 wolves killed  (Read 21320 times)

LT

• Retired MFF Mod
  • "A larger flame-thrower, you will need."
Re: 5 wolves killed
« Reply #60 on: Apr 16, 2008, 09:30 PM »
Yep, gotcha, we deal with the same identical things with 'yotes and every fall there's at least 3 moose of one variety or another killed right outside of Boulder near the airport just in that one spot and the gas fields have had a very devastating effect on the deer herd because that's their winter habitat. There's also been so many deer mortalities on  hwy 191 through Pinedale that the state has installed amber blinking lights attached to an early warning deer radar (no, really). Still goes back to one thing what I just said has always been that way....up until the wolves were allowed to run unchecked (and that's not the fault of the WY G&F). Big game numbers stayed up until then. They they plummeted. Point is, predators have to be in balance with prey. We have an opportunity to restore that balance and we're pretty determined to do it without eliminating every last wolf in the predatory area and without the wolves destroying our elk/deer/moose herds. There's already enough impact on them from the sources I just mentioned.   

troutaddict33

« Reply #61 on: Apr 16, 2008, 09:38 PM »
We have an opportunity to restore that balance and we're pretty determined to do it without eliminating every last wolf in the predatory area and without the wolves destroying our elk/deer/moose herds.

Amen, i think that's all the people you guys have called "greeny tree humpers" and "granola bar eating homos" which i got in one PM were trying to say (Not you LT- no name calling from you *EDIT- i take that back). that you guys do what u need to to keep populations of other species alive and healthy and just that the "kill all" attitude is a bit overboard though the wolves do need to be controlled. people that live our way obviously do not live your lives and cannot fully understand it but that "balance" is simply what many were trying to get at.

doggbiter

« Reply #62 on: Apr 16, 2008, 09:46 PM »
 NO one on here has a "kill-all" attitude, that I know of.........well except the wolves, seems to be in there handbook 8)

LT

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #63 on: Apr 16, 2008, 09:52 PM »
     Troutaddict, I think that's what most of us want is just things back the way they were before they were out of balance. I recall when the re-introduced wolf packs roamed the three state area surrounding Yellowstone and a few griz had trickled down into the Green River Basin. Back then I encountered a herd of 50 elk bedded down in a meadow up on Big Flattop Mt...no more. Griz have populated areas as far east as Dubois and as far south as Big Sandy. Wolves are pretty much everywhere. Big herds of elk are not...at least in those areas. They're here, they're out of balance with their prey base or maybe they just need an attitude adjustment, whatever, but what we're doing is in writing in the plan accepted by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife.
     A lot of us, myself included have said, "If they had just nevr brought wolves here..." If, if, if. There's an old proverb about "If." and that's this, just to bow out of here and let someone else write, "If... frogs had pockets, they'd carry guns to shoot snakes." I'm outta here brudders, laters, LT   :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

troutaddict33

« Reply #64 on: Apr 16, 2008, 09:56 PM »
NO one on here has a "kill-all" attitude, that I know of.........well except the wolves, seems to be in there handbook 8)

not just trying to prove you wrong but comments like this one might what got things going and ticked people off to start saying you guys are wrong for doing what you are... i saw a couple others but am not gonna be a dink and fill a page with bull to prove my point

"Only a complete moron would possibly appeal for such a ridiculous sticker.  you must hump trees for a living and obviously don't work for s living.  How about save a rancher kill any and all wolves.  How about stop wasting tax dollars by providing wolves we can shoot.  You are nothing but the same inbred greeny tree humper that has invaded the fine state of montana.  do us all a favor and leave this site.  i thought you had to have some kind of merit to be here.  How about this appeal....  Treehugger the other wolf meat."

LT

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #65 on: Apr 16, 2008, 10:00 PM »
Whoops, the LT has NEVER called another member of this forum a name, the LT may have referred to those filing suit against the killing of predatory wolves as "granola eating tree huggers" but the LT does not and will never call another forum member a name...never...  ;D 

troutaddict33

« Reply #66 on: Apr 16, 2008, 10:05 PM »
whoops... i mistook calling someone a granola eating tree hugger as calling them a name... haha i don't care i like granola bars for their taste, nutrition, and portability when packing food for the outdoors. im sure you've eaten them too   :laugh:

doggbiter

« Reply #67 on: Apr 16, 2008, 10:11 PM »
not just trying to prove you wrong but comments like this one might what got things going and ticked people off to start saying you guys are wrong for doing what you are... i saw a couple others but am not gonna be a dink and fill a page with bull to prove my point

"Only a complete moron would possibly appeal for such a ridiculous sticker.  you must hump trees for a living and obviously don't work for s living.  How about save a rancher kill any and all wolves.  How about stop wasting tax dollars by providing wolves we can shoot.  You are nothing but the same inbred greeny tree humper that has invaded the fine state of montana.  do us all a favor and leave this site.  i thought you had to have some kind of merit to be here.  How about this appeal....  Treehugger the other wolf meat."

WHY IS MY QUOTE AT TOP AND LABELED?  Then your say, then another quote that isn't mine, and it isn't labeled by who wrote it
  just something your tryin to stick on me?

LT

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #68 on: Apr 16, 2008, 10:12 PM »
whoops... i mistook calling someone a granola eating tree hugger as calling them a name... haha i don't care i like granola bars for their taste, nutrition, and portability when packing food for the outdoors. im sure you've eaten them too   :laugh:
never called a "member of this site"  a name...I doubt any of the plaintiffs on the wolf plan suit are.  ::)

troutaddict33

« Reply #69 on: Apr 16, 2008, 10:15 PM »

WHY IS MY QUOTE AT TOP AND LABELED?  Then your say, then another quote that isn't mine, and it isn't labeled by who wrote it
  just something your tryin to stick on me?

nope... i didn't know how to use multiple quotes from different people so i copied and pasted it with " " around it. wasn't yours

LT

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #70 on: Apr 16, 2008, 10:24 PM »
Yep...two in the pack for every day hike.  :) and Hi-Tek hiking boots and a Colt 1911 sidearm and a collapsable spincast rod, a Rem mod 700, a sharp eye and a bear spray canister. Ever spent a night with a grizzly sniffing, snorting, growling and pawing around your tent from 11 pm to 4"30 am? I have and I didn't like it, but we both walked away from it. Why you think that was? Hmmmmmm?  ;D I'm weary of wolf chatter, I'm gonna change the subject. Ever seen a griz brother Troutaddict? We saw one in Dubois year before last, sucker was dark, looked like a Cadillac with feet...about a 1000 pound bear. Wow, what a rush! 200 yards out and looking right at us.  ;D :w00t: :thumbup_smilie: :police:

troutaddict33

« Reply #71 on: Apr 16, 2008, 10:28 PM »
nah only a black bear... they hoot at night like an owl which is weird. my girlfriend was not a fan of that at all but she was a good sport and knew the next day would be full of great fishing... well men, good points made here tonight. talk to you soon and keep catching those beauty rainbows LT. i saw those pics of the 22 incher. i was jealous...

wyohunter

« Reply #72 on: Apr 16, 2008, 11:09 PM »
 In 2001 ,  149 moose licenses were issued in the areas abutting Yellowstone park, in 2007 there were only 20 most of them in area 37. In 2001 there were 1396 moose licenses issued in all areas, in 2007  there were 811 licenses issued. With about 50% of the moose areas within the area the wolves call home it is not hard to figure out what is happening. The G&F have not released any figures that I could find but I have been told that in some of the areas the moose calf mortality is over 90% due almost exclusively to the wolf.

My two cents worth, I would rather see a dead wolf and a live Moose calf.

Wyoming Ice

« Reply #73 on: Apr 17, 2008, 10:15 AM »
In 2001 ,  149 moose licenses were issued in the areas abutting Yellowstone park, in 2007 there were only 20 most of them in area 37. In 2001 there were 1396 moose licenses issued in all areas, in 2007  there were 811 licenses issued. With about 50% of the moose areas within the area the wolves call home it is not hard to figure out what is happening. The G&F have not released any figures that I could find but I have been told that in some of the areas the moose calf mortality is over 90% due almost exclusively to the wolf.

Very, Very, Very well said !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are cutting the numbers in area 36 (Kemmerer/ La Barge) According to one of the local Biologists.  :tipup:

troutchaser

« Reply #74 on: Apr 18, 2008, 11:17 AM »

WHY SO YOU CAN SHOOT THE MOOSE CALF LATER !!!!    DOES THAT MAKE ALOT OF SENSE    THATS JUST YOUR SELFISH WANTS.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.