FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Michiana Crappie!  (Read 9892 times)

waterfowler

Re: Michiana Crappie!
« Reply #60 on: Apr 08, 2009, 07:54 PM »
went out tonight got a late start didnt start fishing till about 5:30 got to my spot and there were 5 guys t here i was upset i have never seen them before. so i had to fish in a spot that usually is not very productive. I ended up bringing home 12 they finally left around 7:30 and i moved over to where i usually fish and caught a couple not many they were not bitting as good tonight. Any way i think the word has got out and you know what that means bring on the lurkers.

Get_the_Net

« Reply #61 on: Apr 09, 2009, 07:54 AM »
went out tonight got a late start didnt start fishing till about 5:30 got to my spot and there were 5 guys t here i was upset i have never seen them before. so i had to fish in a spot that usually is not very productive. I ended up bringing home 12 they finally left around 7:30 and i moved over to where i usually fish and caught a couple not many they were not bitting as good tonight. Any way i think the word has got out and you know what that means bring on the lurkers.

They must have seen you there a few times, becuase I don't see anything you posted on here that would give anyone any idea where you are fishing.  Maybe they did not do well and will not come back.  Did you see them catching fish from your vantage point??

waterfowler

« Reply #62 on: Apr 09, 2009, 04:57 PM »
i saw them catch 2 gills they didnt look like they knew what they were doing. But its not just me that has been doing good up there i know of at least 4 others that have been catching them good all it takes is one of them to spill thier guts.

Get_the_Net

« Reply #63 on: Apr 09, 2009, 08:04 PM »
i saw them catch 2 gills they didnt look like they knew what they were doing. But its not just me that has been doing good up there i know of at least 4 others that have been catching them good all it takes is one of them to spill thier guts.

Well it does not sound like they caught enough to make them come back.  But if there are several others that know your spot, it will only be a matter of time before one of them lets the cat out of the bag.  Catch em while you can!

waterfowler

« Reply #64 on: Apr 11, 2009, 02:16 PM »
Went out early this morning before sunrise Caught my limit switched to a number 8 treble hook and only missed 1 fish wish i would have done this earlier.

princecraft

« Reply #65 on: Apr 11, 2009, 04:31 PM »
Nice.  Must of got your spot..

plymouthjim

« Reply #66 on: Apr 11, 2009, 05:07 PM »
Your killing me waterfowler   ;D  ;D  ::)
A bad day fishing is better than a good day at  Work

waterfowler

« Reply #67 on: Apr 11, 2009, 06:03 PM »
Anybody else catching crappie right now i havnt seen to many post on here about them. I feal like the only one. And does anybody know what the water temp is up here in northern IN southern MI i'm fishing shallow so i would think it is warmer than most lakes.

Get_the_Net

« Reply #68 on: Apr 11, 2009, 08:59 PM »
Anybody else catching crappie right now i havnt seen to many post on here about them. I feal like the only one. And does anybody know what the water temp is up here in northern IN southern MI i'm fishing shallow so i would think it is warmer than most lakes.

Water temps on the lakes I have been on this past week were back down in the mid 40's after the cold wind, and snow we had last Sunday - Tuesday.  I was out Thurday late afternoon and water temps were 44-47 in a lake that had been up to 51 prior to that.  Larger deeper lakes don't fluctuate as much, but I would guess they are 45-47 also.  Shallow dark bottom channels will be warmer, especially late afternoon on a sunny day, but will also cool quickly at night.

Blueultra2

« Reply #69 on: Apr 11, 2009, 09:58 PM »
I would have to say that I'm jealous!!  I'm like you I was never a big crappie fisherman but I got seriously hooked on them this past winter ice fishing.  I would love to have a little honey hole like you have.  Keep up the good work and keep that freezer full!! ;D

popnfish

« Reply #70 on: Apr 12, 2009, 06:21 AM »
Got out Friday north of the border for the first time this year. Put together a nice little mess of 11 - 12" crappie and a couple 12" perch (Sorry, no pics) all on a jig n curly tail. Couldn't get em to touch a minnow. Water temp 47.  Funny - when I went to clean them one of the perch was loaded behind the gill plates with what looked like baby leeches.

FishDaddy09

« Reply #71 on: Apr 12, 2009, 09:40 AM »
I've been catching some decent crappie out of sliver lake just north of the IN - MI state line.  I tried a lake that sets on the state line yesterday but we caught more gills than crappie.  Beautiful day, we had the lake to ourselves. We got most of our gills on a brown fly tipped with a wax worm.

rat-l-trap

« Reply #72 on: Apr 12, 2009, 01:37 PM »
I have been catching alot of crappies on Tippy
and wawasee ( Johnsons Bay) over the last 2 weeks
All seem to be shallow (under piers)
 most are caught on minnows

waterfowler

« Reply #73 on: Apr 12, 2009, 02:24 PM »
My buddy used to live on tippy in the channels he said when he was younger it was nothing to catch a bucket full of crappies in no time and they would be big ones not uncomomon to get 16" out of there, but he said it all went down the drain. Well heres 25 easter crappie for ya guys.

princecraft

« Reply #74 on: Apr 12, 2009, 03:42 PM »
WTG waterfowler.  I bet most of them were full of Easter eggs.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.