FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lake Michigan Perch  (Read 18936 times)

abishop

Lake Michigan Perch
« on: Jun 01, 2009, 04:46 PM »
Was wondering if anyone has been getting them in the shallows yet?????????? Calumet harbor or Pastric Marina. We were getting them out in 53 fow a few weeks ago. Where are they now????????????????/

northrn-duck-assassin

Re: Lake Michigan Perch
« Reply #1 on: Jun 01, 2009, 08:43 PM »
the harbors up in the city are holdin the fish. i have heard of some guys getting em at the peir and over in portage. i have been at pastrick the last two days.. in the two days we probably caught 60 fish....NOTHING over 6-7 inches they're all dinks been getting a few smallies here and there though while perchin'. this weekend last year we had been getting em at the peir. yesterday late morning we tried cal park one perch stripped my spinner and caught two gobes thats it, everything seems to be a week or two behind this year!
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

abishop

« Reply #2 on: Jun 02, 2009, 03:02 PM »
Heard that they were biting around Michigan City in 32-40 fow. Think I will have to try maybe Thursday or Friday depending on the weather.

cooner2

« Reply #3 on: Jun 02, 2009, 10:18 PM »
fished saturday from 7:00 am till about noon 2 tiny perch 1 smaller goby.   fished pstrick marina, the candy stripes, and miller beach.  i have to agree with nda  the perch are another two weeks from happening, they always seem to start in chicago and move east hopefully the jumbos will be in the weeds at cal-park soon.  cal-park is nice because you can catch them in 16' of water on spinners.

take care

JC

Super Yooper

« Reply #4 on: Jun 04, 2009, 03:52 PM »
fished saturday from 7:00 am till about noon 2 tiny perch 1 smaller goby.   fished pstrick marina, the candy stripes, and miller beach.  i have to agree with nda  the perch are another two weeks from happening, they always seem to start in chicago and move east hopefully the jumbos will be in the weeds at cal-park soon.  cal-park is nice because you can catch them in 16' of water on spinners.

take care

JC

When are we goin Cooner?

cooner2

« Reply #5 on: Jun 04, 2009, 08:37 PM »
As soon as they start biting again Yooper!

See you soon!

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #6 on: Jun 05, 2009, 10:36 AM »
gettin multiple reports perch are at the peir (chicago) and some were caught today out by the light. heading to marina to fish in a few minutes been getting em there just no size yet. today is gotta be the day the hogs start! i'll let ya know what happens!
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

wallin

« Reply #7 on: Jun 05, 2009, 09:08 PM »
Had 2 reports of 14 inch at lighthouse
Wallin

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #8 on: Jun 09, 2009, 09:50 PM »
buddies went out today with no luck. i hear they are getting down town though! any day now these jumbo's should start up around indiana waters.

abishop

« Reply #9 on: Jun 10, 2009, 09:31 AM »
I think we need about three days with a south wind and high temps to bring them in shallow. Looking at the extended weather, next Thursday the wind should switch around. Hopefully by next weekend the jumbos will be in, and I can use some of these softshells that I bought last year for 6 bucks a dozen. I still have enough for this season.

abishop

« Reply #10 on: Jun 12, 2009, 04:25 PM »
Is anyone catching anything?

cooner2

« Reply #11 on: Jun 12, 2009, 05:21 PM »
abishop

« Reply #10 on: Today at 05:25 PM » Reply with quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is anyone catching anything?

no are you?

abishop

« Reply #12 on: Jun 12, 2009, 07:43 PM »
Havent been out in 3 weeks. I think towards next weekend. FISH-ON!

abishop

« Reply #13 on: Jun 20, 2009, 10:05 PM »
Went to Cal park from the Hammond marina today. Didnt tear them up but ended up keeping 18 with 8 over 13. the largest was 14 1/2. Spotty picking, one here one there. Seemed like most were 24-31 fow.  All the bigger fish were taken with tiny baby roaches. Also, got a few on rootbeer spinner bait w/ softshells. Must of been a hundred boats and never saw anyone hitting a school. A few more days of 80+ and should be much better. Thinking about Wednesday next outing. Anyone else get out today?

abishop

« Reply #14 on: Jun 23, 2009, 01:08 PM »
Cant believe no one else has been out since last posting. A buddy of mine is out there now and has 1 1/2 limits. still another 20 more to keep. I will be going out from Hammond marina tomorrow. Anyone else heading out tomorrow? Dont forget the soft craws.and small baby roaches. GOOD LUCK.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.