Author Topic: PERCH  (Read 13104 times)

Get_the_Net

Re: PERCH
« Reply #15 on: Jul 02, 2012, 09:47 PM »
lets see some pics of the yellow gold!

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #16 on: Jul 02, 2012, 10:27 PM »
i use my fone to enter this site. unsure how to do the process. but numbers in the pm box will recieve pics shall guys feed the need. if anyone plans on going out stay away from minnows!!!
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #17 on: Jul 02, 2012, 10:39 PM »
Al- ive lost ur numver along with others. gimme a ring if ur gonna head out perching. shall u be struggling i have usefull info. im going wed.thurs.frid.sat.sun.!!
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

beau

« Reply #18 on: Jul 03, 2012, 02:12 PM »
NDA - What do you mean, "Stay away from minnows"?
Back in the 70s I used to get them on crab tails or tiny baby crawdads.  Is that what your saying?  Beau

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #19 on: Jul 03, 2012, 02:25 PM »
PERCH, is there any kind other then perch??????
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #20 on: Jul 03, 2012, 03:15 PM »
me and my brother went to michigan city today and got 2 man limit.several were 11 and most were 9 to 10.All caught in front of nipsco generation stack in 30 to35 ft. of water.we used rosies for bait.wish I had the time and money for another trip,but will have to wait intill payday >:( :'( GOOD LUCK TO ALL WHO VENTURE OUT I HOPE THIS WAS A START TO A GOOD PERCH SEASON!

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #21 on: Jul 03, 2012, 05:42 PM »
beau-

its all about 'matching the hatch' just what you used in the 70's...works like a charm today. alot of the fish i cleaned the other day, thats all they had in their bellies. leaving the doc at 530 a.m. will report on what happens. f.y.i. i got a fone call at about 1 p.m. they were drilling the fish but i had too much going on to get out. just pay attention to who is catching them n what they are doing.

AKAGAZOO

« Reply #22 on: Jul 03, 2012, 08:09 PM »
I went to the port of Indy in Portage at the fishing pier this afternoon for some shore perching. I took night crawlers and just split them in half and was just casting lead heads/twisters. Anyhow, it sucked. Hot out too.
h

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #23 on: Jul 03, 2012, 08:34 PM »
Aka- that would be a good tactic to try in early mornings as some days im up in 6 fow catching them. not sure how crawlers would work as i always use softies. i did try crawlers for 10 minutes in 30 fow, pulled 2 8"ers. but deff wouldnt hurt to try more often. perch r doin better on spinners. had a guy in boat other evening bouncing a jig he only pulled 4 fish with it. finally convinced him to switch rig n he got into em good.

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #24 on: Jul 04, 2012, 02:26 PM »
today....today sucked for fishing but the holiday has me in a good mood regardless! tues evening they lit the perch up in front of the ditch. perch are stacked everywhere but couldnt get em to go. water is SUPER clean n full moon has me to believe they r feeding throughout the night as a part of the evening bite kicking in. gonna try again tomorrow. good luck guys. enjoy our independance!!!!

troutline

« Reply #25 on: Jul 04, 2012, 09:12 PM »
Went out of Michigan City this morning and 3 of us got 45, a few over 12in.

abishop

« Reply #26 on: Jul 05, 2012, 03:49 PM »
Kept 22 today 8-12 inches. All taken in 22 fow out from dunes. Nothing huge but all good eaters. Did a bit of sorting, but, after 4 hours the bite slowed and it was getting hot so we decided to pack it in for the day and get an earlier start tomorrow. Slez's bait opens at 4 am, if not open just ring the bell. Be there at dawn tomorrow. Suppose to top out at 100 again.

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #27 on: Jul 05, 2012, 04:06 PM »
AL- use baby roaches and rosies if u go the minnow route. me...u know i stay away from minnows as im never anchored.

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #28 on: Jul 06, 2012, 07:01 PM »
got a limit this afternoon. my buddy came close but ended at 11 for his bag. 9-12"ers only kept the 9's cause os swallowed hooks.

abishop

« Reply #29 on: Jul 06, 2012, 07:13 PM »
Took out 2 limits early this morning. Had to do a lot of sorting. We were off the water at 10:15. Fish came in 22-24 fow out by Dunes park. Another hot day. North winds coming in later tonight might put a halt on perching for a day or so. Time to work on the honey-do list. haha

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.