FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Michigan 2014 non-resident fishing license increase  (Read 13155 times)

Teacherpreacher

Michigan 2014 non-resident fishing license increase
« on: Sep 17, 2013, 09:49 PM »
Today MI gov signed into law changes for hunting and fishing. License increases supposed to make things simpler and bring in more revenue and improve resources and hire more Conservation Officers.
Non resident annual fishing license, all species(only one you can buy) went from $42.00 to $76.00.  Ouch!!!!!!!!!! That's a pretty hefty jump!!!
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

justtrollin85

Re: Michigan 2014 non-resident fishing license increase
« Reply #1 on: Sep 17, 2013, 09:55 PM »
Its because of the charter boat Association. Most from M.C  to the west buy michigan  lic.. thats alot of money from us. Ben alot of talk about it.

black55

« Reply #2 on: Sep 18, 2013, 12:24 AM »
That really bites Mich. must not want out of staters to fish there! I'm sure states next to Mich will raise there out of state fees in responce .
I live in the great state of Dazed and Confused !

Hoosier

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Sep 18, 2013, 12:57 AM »
how many walleye does it take to justify 72 dollars?

black55

« Reply #4 on: Sep 18, 2013, 08:55 AM »
Did they raise the one day fee?
I live in the great state of Dazed and Confused !

Get_the_Net

« Reply #5 on: Sep 18, 2013, 11:20 AM »
Michigan lakes are 10 times better than 90% of indiana lakes for panfish, bass and walleye.  The price increase will not stop me from getting their license and they have not had an increase in over 10 years.  Instead of a gradual increase they did it all at once after holding the line forever on prices.

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #6 on: Sep 18, 2013, 11:40 AM »
Did they raise the one day fee?
Daily fee went from $7.00 to $10.00
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

Get_the_Net

« Reply #7 on: Sep 18, 2013, 12:22 PM »
I fish michigan waters 40-50 days a year, so at 10.00 a day the annual is still a bargain.

Felix

• Myfishfinder Sponsor
  • R.I.P. Janurary 16, 2015
« Reply #8 on: Sep 18, 2013, 12:27 PM »
do you still have to get that Sportsman card or whatever its called?
Politicians and diapers need to be changed for the same reason

Flattop

« Reply #9 on: Sep 18, 2013, 12:27 PM »
You gotta pay to play.  I hold Indiana, Illinois and Michigan annual licenses.

Joe

Bodeen

« Reply #10 on: Sep 18, 2013, 02:23 PM »
how many walleye does it take to justify 72 dollars?

There is plenty enough good walleye waters in Indiana to not drive to Michigan.  If you're looking for a great walleye fishing experience out of state, Erie is not too far of a drive and a yearly Ohio license is 40 bucks. 

Get_the_Net

« Reply #11 on: Sep 18, 2013, 02:50 PM »
There is plenty enough good walleye waters in Indiana to not drive to Michigan.  If you're looking for a great walleye fishing experience out of state, Erie is not too far of a drive and a yearly Ohio license is 40 bucks. 

Depends on where you live.  I can be in Michigan in 15 minutes and to lake erie in 2.5 hours.  The difference in gas costs far outwiegh the 30 dollar difference in licenses.  Are michigan inland lakes as good as erie?  Heck no, but there are walleye if that is what you want to fish for.  St joe river in IN and Mich has alot of walleye too.

Boomer

« Reply #12 on: Sep 18, 2013, 02:53 PM »
Might be a deal breaker for me if I want to vacation for a week or two. I was born in MI but with what I get paid, maybe I could spend my money closer to home.

Do they have a one week license?

Will Indiana reciprocate? Something to see.

Get_the_Net

« Reply #13 on: Sep 18, 2013, 03:02 PM »
Might be a deal breaker for me if I want to vacation for a week or two. I was born in MI but with what I get paid, maybe I could spend my money closer to home.

Do they have a one week license?

Will Indiana reciprocate? Something to see.

Doubtful IN will do anything.  IN is not a draw for out of state fishermen.  We have nothing like Michigan has to offer.  We have a tiny portion of lake michigan that is nearly all industrialized, and not place to vacation.  Michigan has sag bay, lake st clair, 100's of miles of lake michigan shoreline, both arms of grand traverse bay, pristine waters in the UP, and countless lakes in the upper LP with world class SM fishing.  Not to mention the miles and miles and rivers and streams teaming with trout and salmon.  Michigan is a fisherman's paridise and they know it.  To keep it that way costs money and the out of staters are going to foot more of the bill going forward.  It may cost the state tourism dollars in the long run, but they are wiling to tak a change to see what the impact is.

libo

« Reply #14 on: Sep 18, 2013, 05:21 PM »
I don't have a problem with the increase, but Ican understand that some people do. 70 some dollars for some familys is alot. as far as mich. being an excellant fishery thats true, but its a 4 hr drive for me to find that excellants sag bay, st. clair, up, erie an upper mich. I think i have excellant fishing right here in INDIANA, I'LL compare lake mich. In smallies to any thing in st. clair or mich. gills may run some what larger, but 35 is bigger than 25.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.