FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Michigan 2014 non-resident fishing license increase  (Read 13159 times)

tomturkey

Re: Michigan 2014 non-resident fishing license increase
« Reply #45 on: Oct 11, 2013, 06:57 AM »
If you want to see the whole scoop on the new licence fees go to www.michigan.gov/dnr

It is going to take a while to figure this stuff out but I am old and senile.

Yes the res fishing licence is going down so to speak BUT you used to be able to buy a licence that did not cover fishing for trout and salmon. Now you have to buy a licence that covers all fishing so they are comming out a head as they will be getting that trout money from all of us. There are a lot of people that did not buy the all species licence that now have to.

I was afraid that us oldfogies were going to loose out on our serior discount but not so. They did do away with a discount if you bought 4 major licences at one time. I know I will change the way I buy licences now being on a fixed income.

first sergeant

• suck it up and drive on troop
« Reply #46 on: Oct 12, 2013, 08:43 PM »
AFter many years fishing lake st clair in the spring there are 100's of boats from OH, IN, IL, TN, KY, WISC, and Iowa threre in just the few days we are there every year.  The non residents fishing that one lake in the spring seems greater than the residents fishing there.  The detriot river walleye run brings alot of non residents too.  There is no way the resident to non resident ratio of licenses is more than 16 res to 1 non resident.  If it is, there no chance for the plan to increase funds for the state.  The math makes it impossible, unless they greatly increase their sales of non resident licenses vs. last year and I don't see that happening when they just doubled the cost.
Just seems like alot of the comments are missing the point and do not wear the shoes that make up these types of regulations.  The majority of the price increase is focused on, not the average joe who goes across the border to enjoy uncontested better fishing, but they are looking at what the revenue from the great lakes fisherman will bring.  How many anglers are running to new buffalo for the better perch and salmon, running Mich waters for the eyes in spring in Lake erie and of course ST.Clair for the smallies.  Let us not forget about all the northern Indiana bass tournaments
crossing the border and once again everything with a price has to go up eventually.  I remember when the cry was so loud when our state jacked the deer permits !!!!!   I will still buy and I personally think they know what they are doing.
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron, so as one man sharpens another

wallin

« Reply #47 on: Oct 13, 2013, 07:48 AM »
Right or not, I know I will be fishing there.
If you love fishing and hunting and the Great Outdoors then you will do it no matter what the price.
Don't like paying them Big gas bills, or the price for them New boats or the prices on them New trucks to pull them with but we still do it.
We all just like to vent about it but you will be there if you love to do it, or someone else will take your spot, thats the way it is.
Just my opinion, don't like the rate hike but I'll be there 1 way or another.

Tom
Wallin

abishop

« Reply #48 on: Oct 13, 2013, 10:19 AM »
Yes, you have to PAY TO PLAY. LOL

Bronzeback5

« Reply #49 on: Oct 13, 2013, 06:17 PM »
Headed to St. Clair in a few days ;D

princecraft

« Reply #50 on: Oct 13, 2013, 07:40 PM »
Next thing you will have to buy a license to hunt mushrooms in Michigan.

tomturkey

« Reply #51 on: Oct 14, 2013, 06:50 AM »
Next thing you will have to buy a license to hunt mushrooms in Michigan.

That sounds good. The hunters and fishers have been supporting all things out doors for ever. About time some one else kicked in LOL.

If you think the fishing licence raise is bad. go the the link I posted and look at what a non res base hunting licence costs. all that covers is small game, squirrel waterfowl (stamp required), grouse and the such. Then the non res deer licence is onlly $20bucks same as a resident. Figure that one out.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.