FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Rico??  (Read 19495 times)

rico

• Give me some lovin'
Re: Rico??
« Reply #15 on: Sep 18, 2005, 07:29 AM »
a very sad day indeed and the vols travel to lsu next week.  i am gonna have to get some more beer!

slimjim7461

« Reply #16 on: Sep 18, 2005, 10:21 AM »
Come basketball season Crappie66,you'll be drinking out of you're purdue glasses too,Purdue snuck by Airizona,in which Airizona is like Kentucky in football they suck

rico

• Give me some lovin'
« Reply #17 on: Sep 18, 2005, 06:55 PM »
dont let him get to you jimmy!  he bleeds black and gold!  we shall see how the rest of the season shakes out.  hey crappie not a very impressive opener by the boiler nation.  jimmy is right, arizona aint very good, but a win is a win.  take them any way you can get 'em.  the big ten title is there for the taking...will the boilers step up or do what they did last year? 

crappie66

• BOILER UP
« Reply #18 on: Sep 19, 2005, 12:11 PM »
Actually the Boilers did not just squeak by Arizona.  The Boilers never trailed and were in complete control pretty much the whole game.  The game wasn't on TV anywhere, so I had to listen to the whole thing on AM radio.  Purdue was up by 2 touchdowns pretty much the whole game.  The running game is looking good, still want to see if Kirsh is going to be a good passer, I haven't been to impressed thus far with the passing game, hopefully it will come together. 

Tennessee did play a good game though, tough matchup.

On the other hand, there truely isn't anything I can say to describe KY football.

rico

• Give me some lovin'
« Reply #19 on: Sep 19, 2005, 02:32 PM »
thanks for the pat on the shoulder about my vols...big time special teams mistakes...oh well my season over and it is on to baton rouge...another butt kickin' on the horizon...we shall see about the boilers when the irish come to town...but like i said a win is a win is a win...how 'bout them hoosiers?

Greg2ha

• Must fish for fun!
« Reply #20 on: Sep 19, 2005, 08:33 PM »
Go Boilers! Once a Boiler fan always a Boiler fan! Hey guys yesterday I got to see
the Colts play in Indy. I won tickets from the Bear 98.9. pretty cool. We also checked out the oldest bar in Indiana. The Slippery Noodle. Are you guys ready
for fall so we can get closer to winter and that beloved ice? Can't wait!
Later Greg

rico

• Give me some lovin'
« Reply #21 on: Sep 20, 2005, 06:30 PM »
yea right...when was the last time purdue won the national championship?  in any thing?  women's basketball, give me a break...how about it crappie?  i asked you at the "honey hole".  is that their only title?  nothing against purdue, but they just seem to have that "peyton manning" disease...you know, just cant come thru in the clutch...how about those tennessee vols :'(

crappie66

• BOILER UP
« Reply #22 on: Sep 21, 2005, 05:11 AM »
1961 Men's Golf
1932 Men's Basketball

I am sure there are more, just don't feel like digging through the archives.

The only real sport that counts anyways is football.  Tennesee had to start somewhere to get their NC's it just takes time, the Boilers turn is coming.

Tennessee only has 2 NC's in football, one a long time ago, and most recent 1998, which I sort of like, simply because of the fact it was immediately after the highly over hyped Peyton Manning left the program. 

It is much harder for a Big Ten team to win a NC, much more competition, every year there is at least 3 or 4 very good teams, and of course one of them will lose, so there goes the shot at a NC.   SEC is the 2nd best conference I will give you that, but each year there is really only 2 or 3 teams that are any good.  Now the Pac 10, and Big 12 (Big 2), they are so weak with one and possibly two teams that are good, so of course they will sweep all their games and be undefeated to make it to the big game.

Anyways, been to the honey hole?  Not much fishing for me lately, hell my gf moved to North Carolina in April, I have more personal time now so I don't know why I haven't been out hardly at all.  Maybe I went fishing all the time to get away from her.   Once we get that ice mid December I will be back out 5 or 6 times a week. 

slimjim7461

« Reply #23 on: Sep 21, 2005, 07:18 AM »
Since when is football the only sport that counts,evidentally you've never been to a division1 wrestling match,or a Kentucky basketball game,when you say Purdue,I take it you are referring to the football team(lol)Kentucky won more national championships in basketball in  the 90's,than Purdue has won in all sports,you've bit off more than you can chew Crappie66..................maybe you better go to North Carolina and visit you're girlfriend and go back on you're archives,and see just how many national championships they have(lol)You know im gonna give you a hard time,you picking on my "WILDCATS",THATS A NO-NO................       

crappie66

• BOILER UP
« Reply #24 on: Sep 21, 2005, 10:22 AM »
Actually when I was at Purdue I went to a couple of the wrestling matches.  A good friend from high school was on the team, Jon Fitch, he is now doing the Ultimate Fighting Championship thing full time training out of California.  It is a sport, but it isn't a sport you can really debate about and be a big die hard fan of, at least in my opinion.  It is that one wrestler on the mat winning ulitimately for himself, I know there are team points, but they truely want to win the match for themselves first. 

I gave up on college basketball around 1997 when all of Purdue's good players left and Gene Keady decided he didn't want to recruit athletes any longer for the basketball team.  And of course Kentucky won a few NC's in basketball, but you know as well as I do that their basketball program is/was far from clean.  Not hard to get the best players when you offer them cash, clothes, new cars, jewelry, etc......   the list goes on and on.

GO PURDUE

Hail, Hail to Old Purdue! All hail to our old gold and black! Hail, Hail to Old Purdue!

rico

• Give me some lovin'
« Reply #25 on: Sep 21, 2005, 06:21 PM »
no have not been to the hole in a while.  slow biting the last time i was up there.  had to fish 4-5 hours to get a mess.

1932 basketball championship...c'mon now

1960? golf championship....c'mon now

sec the second best conference in football?...c'mon now

nit bb tournament doesnt count for squat!

check your archives closely my friend.

the only reason kentucky isnt any good at football is because they play
tennessee, georgia, florida, alabama, auburn, lsu....did i leave out ole miss, miss st, south carolina, arkansas...give me a break my man the sec is a "football" conference...they only got one patsy...vanderbilt...and they aint too d**n bad...who would you rather play...auburn or minnesota?  c'mon, go to the archives and check this out...how many nc's have come out of the sec as compared to the big ten....wanna make a bet on it?  football rules in the south and kentucky takes up the slack come basketball season.

take care and why arent you checking out indianasportsman?

1932 bb nc ha ha...................

crappie66

• BOILER UP
« Reply #26 on: Sep 22, 2005, 03:41 AM »
Well I took your advice and went back to my archives to further check information.  What I found was the number of recognized National Championships from each team in the Big 10 and SEC.  (nationalchamps.net)

Illinois  4
Indiana 0
Iowa 1
Michigan 10
Michigan State  2
Minnesota  6
Northwestern  0
Ohio State 5
Penn State 4
Purdue 0 >:(
Wisconsin 0

SEC

Florida 1
Georgia 1
Kentucky 0
South Carolina 0
Tennesee 2 (one immediately following peyton mannings departure  ;D)
Vanderbilt 0
Alabama 11
Arkansas 0
Auburn 1
LSU 3
Mississippi 0
Mississippi State 0

So with that, Big Ten has 32 total National Championships, and the SEC has 19.
Let it be known to that SEC has more teams than the Big Ten. 

So explain to me again why the SEC is better, and has a much better football history.  Of course the schools you listed have good programs, but many of them are just like Purdue, waiting to get their first.  And the schools you listed it is very rarely that more than 2 of those are good in any given year, I will say the same for the Big Ten though there are usually only a couple great teams each year. 

I do respect the SEC, that is why I say they are the 2nd best conference.  You know as well as I do, put any team from the Big 10 or SEC in the Big 12 or PAC 10, they will win outright all their games and contend every year for the National Championship.

Hail, Hail to Old Purdue! All hail to our old gold and black! Hail, Hail to Old Purdue!

Anyways, when are we going fishing again?  I can pick up a Purdue P magent for your truck if you would like, when I am down at Purdue next weekend.  Let me know, I already have 2 of the P's, now getting the Purdue helmet magnet.

BOILER UP

rico

• Give me some lovin'
« Reply #27 on: Sep 22, 2005, 05:52 AM »
arkansas and south carolina are newcomers.

penn state is also(i dont think they have won any representing the big 10)

michigan state didnt join the conference until the 50's(u of chicago was an original member)

michigan and ohio state have only won one apiece in the last 30+ years.

dont doubt your data(i will do my own) but in the last 20 or so years the sec is the better football conference, just as the acc has been in basketball in the same time frame.

lets not forget michigan, ohio st, and iowa all losing the same day to non conference opponents.

i tell you crappie 66 you would fit right in with me and my buddies drinking beer and talking sports.

dont know when i am going to get up there again.  but i would like to go a couple of more times before the snow starts flying.

i will have you know that i do have purdue "p" 's already on my truck.  go boilers!

crappie66

• BOILER UP
« Reply #28 on: Sep 22, 2005, 11:51 AM »

i will have you know that i do have purdue "p" 's already on my truck.  go boilers!

So your Tennessee Vols lose a game, and you rush out to get the Purdue P's. 
Come on Rico, I would have never taken you as a bandwagon fan, but hey we are happy to have you as a fan now.  Purdue just might have to have another renovation to the stadium once we shock the nation,  I am sure there will be more fans to come, we are going to need a bigger stadium.

rico

• Give me some lovin'
« Reply #29 on: Sep 22, 2005, 03:05 PM »

So your Tennessee Vols lose a game, and you rush out to get the Purdue P's. 
Come on Rico, I would have never taken you as a bandwagon fan, but hey we are happy to have you as a fan now.  Purdue just might have to have another renovation to the stadium once we shock the nation,  I am sure there will be more fans to come, we are going to need a bigger stadium.

i never said i didnt root for them...they just arent my favorite team...and remember , my father went there

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.