FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Any NY Mushroom Hunters?  (Read 8508 times)

skidplate

Re: Any NY Mushroom Hunters?
« Reply #15 on: Sep 26, 2011, 11:07 AM »
Half the fun of salmon fishin' is mushroom hunting.  I got about 2# of oysters and corals last weekend along trout brook.  The wifey made homemade chicken soup from chickens we raised ourselves and added the oysters to the hot soup.  Yum yum.
There is only one kind of freedom and that's individual liberty. Our lives come from our creator and our liberty comes from our creator. It has nothing to do with government granting it.
 Ron Paul

Dunstan

« Reply #16 on: Feb 15, 2018, 10:35 AM »
Hunting truffles now a days is likely becoming a trend not just because of the the variety of culinary use of it but it also comes with a very high price tag. A lot of people would pay extra just to get a hold of a very delicious, delicate, and hard to find truffles. On the question how expensive truffles really are, you can read and watch this article about truffle hunting to learn more here https://www.trufflemagic.com/blog/magic-truffle-hunting/

pinetree

« Reply #17 on: Feb 18, 2018, 10:43 AM »
I like morels in the spring, great opportunity to pick up a shed antler as well

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #18 on: Feb 18, 2018, 11:20 AM »

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

pinetree

« Reply #19 on: Feb 18, 2018, 01:41 PM »
Forgot about puffballs in the fall, fun to find too. Anyone try growing any? I had good luck with wine caps in a raised bed this year-delicious, I might even like them better than morels. Just need some shade and to keep the slugs away.  Many places sell mushroom spawn these days

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #20 on: Feb 18, 2018, 02:03 PM »
Welcome to the site pinetree.
Never tried growing them but might look into buying some spores just to sprinkle around.....
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Adkiceman1

« Reply #21 on: Apr 05, 2018, 06:24 AM »
Wrong Kind of truffles, those are the kind that will make you surf the cosmos. 
I’m feeling alright I’m feeling ooooookay!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.