FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 515466 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #2265 on: Jun 19, 2018, 04:22 PM »
Got a bunch of sun flowers ...   ;D

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

boondox

« Reply #2266 on: Jun 19, 2018, 04:34 PM »
Nice people always love color with having to much green yellows a stick out color none the less..

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2267 on: Jun 19, 2018, 05:56 PM »
Love sunflowers Dom. The volunteers under the bird feeders are quite healthy. I also have 2 plots on either side of the garage and the new plot in the yard with 5 different varieties. They're really good for attracting solitary bees who do 90% of garden pollination.

Got a vegetable garden.......plant flowers!

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2268 on: Jun 19, 2018, 08:09 PM »
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2269 on: Jun 20, 2018, 02:55 AM »
"Commonly planted varieties of pickling cucumber include Royal, Calypso, Pioneer, Bounty, Regal, Duke and Blitz."
Never heard of or seen any of those varieties.

Hey ....wait......did you hear that?  I think I heard a fish jump!

I'm outta here👍

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

tomturkey

« Reply #2270 on: Jun 20, 2018, 08:37 AM »
You can have your cukes give me an old fashioned pickle, right off of the vine. They have way more flavor.

I have no interest in them once they are pickled you can have them. I am sour enough as I am. I do love the sweet pickle relish the wife makes.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2271 on: Jun 20, 2018, 02:59 PM »
Anti-Pickleite!

I've been searching around for some cheap buckets to put the rest of my pickle starts in. No luck so far.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2272 on: Jun 20, 2018, 03:12 PM »
If your looking for 5gal buckets look at the bakery department in big stores.  They get there frosting in them and throw them out..  I got a bunch to put sap in for syrup...

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2273 on: Jun 20, 2018, 06:45 PM »
I'll try that Dom,
Thanks.

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #2274 on: Jun 20, 2018, 08:21 PM »
The beds are coming along nicely. Pickles and cukes are still struggling but making progress.

Pepper bed:

Tomato bed:

Melting pot bed (zucchini, summer squash, tomatoes and some peppers crowded together, with beans and sugar snap peas outside the bed)

As always, a Work in progress...

boondox

« Reply #2275 on: Jun 20, 2018, 08:22 PM »
Also try menards they been running 5 gallon buckets on sale same with lowes.com..

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2276 on: Jun 21, 2018, 04:26 AM »
Free or really dirt cheap is what I'm looking for Boon. I really don't need to plant anything else. I just have a dozen good starts that I hate to toss.

ATC, the beds look great. You should gett a nice harvest.

My Yukon Gold potatoes have blossomed, not the Norland Reds though. I'm hoping to be able to harvest them in July so I can replant with a fall crop. Maybe snow peas or something like that.

The tomatoes are blasting out of the ground and I have to spend time today tying up my pickles and cukes. They're starting to trail along the ground and grow tendrils looking for something to climb.

A new red squirrel has moved into the area that needs to go for a ride. Little bugger is digging holes everywhere.

Time to set the havahart.

Rg

Mac Attack

« Reply #2277 on: Jun 21, 2018, 07:49 AM »

Time to set the havahart.

Rg

I have a pellet gun you can borrow Bob.

8)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2278 on: Jun 21, 2018, 12:48 PM »
I have one too, but I never see him in one spot. Besides, my Bride would hemmorage worse than Trapper.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2279 on: Jun 21, 2018, 03:16 PM »
Garden beds look awesom Bob.
Love the way they look with a new layer of compost on to it...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.