FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 515406 times)

filetandrelease

Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #2565 on: Aug 18, 2018, 10:25 AM »

Yes sir honey in my tea year round

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #2566 on: Aug 18, 2018, 10:35 AM »
Put up 7 pints of dill pickle chips this morning.

;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2567 on: Aug 18, 2018, 10:38 AM »
Yes sir honey in my tea year round

Put some  in your sweet corn when you boil it... ;)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2568 on: Aug 18, 2018, 10:41 AM »
Put up 7 pints of dill pickle chips this morning.

;D

Nice job Bill..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #2569 on: Aug 18, 2018, 12:03 PM »

Nothing like good local honey! Garden is winding down now, pulled almost all my cuke vines, maters are fruiting but the blight is really taking it's toll on them. Gonna be down to Brussles ans peppers soon, and that's fine as our build is set to begin in a couple weeks. Can't wait to start the raised beds for next year.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2570 on: Aug 18, 2018, 12:32 PM »

Nothing like good local honey! Garden is winding down now, pulled almost all my cuke vines, maters are fruiting but the blight is really taking it's toll on them. Gonna be down to Brussles ans peppers soon, and that's fine as our build is set to begin in a couple weeks. Can't wait to start the raised beds for next year.

Nice loser. You and Lisa  have a busy fall ahead of you guys..

drowndin dots

« Reply #2571 on: Aug 18, 2018, 05:15 PM »
  Nice loser. You and Lisa  have a busy fall ahead of you guys..
Yup, gonna be a busy one for sure, but man are we looking forward to it!

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #2572 on: Aug 18, 2018, 07:56 PM »
My tomatoes are just coming on. Picked the first one today. I'm getting a 5 gallon bucket of cukes every third day. Beans are going strong. Picked a head of cabbage the other night and braised it with kielbasa and carrots.  ;D

It sounds like you're going to be busy, Ed!  Good luck with the build.  8)
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

drowndin dots

« Reply #2573 on: Aug 19, 2018, 05:46 PM »
My tomatoes are just coming on. Picked the first one today. I'm getting a 5 gallon bucket of cukes every third day. Beans are going strong. Picked a head of cabbage the other night and braised it with kielbasa and carrots.  ;D

It sounds like you're going to be busy, Ed!  Good luck with the build.  8)
Well I hope to show it off on the Perch&Pickle weekend!

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #2574 on: Aug 19, 2018, 06:05 PM »
I'm looking forward to it. I sampled my garlic dill spears after fishing today. I think they're a contender!  ;D

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #2575 on: Aug 23, 2018, 07:50 PM »
Today's haul.

Broccoli and cauliflower ready for a salt bath soak. (That's a 32 qt. pot)

And for dinner......

Eggplant lasagna. Instead of pasta layers, the layers are thin sliced, garlic floured, and fried eggplant with panko bread crumbs, tomato sauce,  mozzarella, parmesan, and ricotta. Mmmmm!   ;D

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #2576 on: Aug 23, 2018, 07:56 PM »
Hasn’t been my finest year with the garden, but have been plugging away when I could. Finally harvested Portugal hot peppers, jalapeños, cayenne peppers, and Hungarian was peppers.

Throw in there a handful of tomatoes and cukes, we are going to have some fun this weekend.

BLT’s for dinner tomorrow, then it’s time for jalapeño jam and some fresh salsa.

Man, I wish I had the time and expertise to have a bigger, healthier garden...

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2577 on: Aug 24, 2018, 05:08 AM »

Eggplant lasagna. Instead of pasta layers, the layers are thin sliced, garlic floured, and fried eggplant with panko bread crumbs, tomato sauce,  mozzarella, parmesan, and ricotta. Mmmmm!   ;D
d**n the cardiologist.......full cheese ahead!

Looks delicious Bill. I do a similar dish with zucchini. I also do a perch lasagna with spinach and a very rich white sauce.

I have to pick this morning. Tomatoes are coming on fast and there's another batch of pickles ready to be packed. Last Saturday I did 14 pints and 4 quarts of pickles. Folks have been pestering me for pickles so I did up a bunch in pints to gift. The quarts are for my son and I and have lots more jalapeños than the others. We like them on the hot side.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #2578 on: Aug 24, 2018, 07:56 AM »
What's lasagna without the cheese?  :o

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2579 on: Aug 24, 2018, 07:07 PM »
Hey....I'm a cheesy kind of guy myself. Love my cheese. I'm lucky enough to have Heluva Good Cheese in my back yard. Super brand of all the common varieties.

Rg

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.