FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Ya Know....We Need Another Cooking Topic!  (Read 373981 times)

gotagetm

Re: Ya Know....We Need Another Cooking Topic!
« Reply #240 on: Jan 18, 2020, 06:00 AM »

Put squirrels in Crock-Pot this morning,browed with bacon onions celery and garlic added some beef consomme' and red pepper flakes to it will let cook slowly all day then make a gravy and put over egg noodles for dinner,smells good already!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #241 on: Jan 18, 2020, 10:06 AM »
Haven't had a mess of squirrels in many years. But, I turn 70 in March and I'll get my lifetime license. It'll be time to tune up the .22.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #242 on: Jan 18, 2020, 11:13 AM »

That's great RG!!!! I want one of those steamers!!
I had a buddy that wanted some walleye for dinner Friday so I gave him a few lbs of filets, he gave me 50# of these small potatoes!!! I bagged them up to give to family and friends and used some today with Sharp cheese to make 45-50 perogies to share also , That's Alot Of Potatoes!!!

Do you have a recipe for these? Going to make some tomorrow..
 Tonight are making Italian Wedding Soup..  With fresh bread .... 8)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #243 on: Jan 18, 2020, 12:57 PM »
Italian Wedding soup..

And Lental soup cooking today. Sure smells good..

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #244 on: Jan 18, 2020, 01:47 PM »
Looks delish Dom. I love making that soup.
Today was Chinese Saturday.
All home made( except the sauces) mini egg rolls, potstickers and noodles to munch on.

For desert I dusted some of the noodles with confectioners sugar.

We have a late afternoon lunch on Saturday and skip dinner.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #245 on: Jan 18, 2020, 02:04 PM »
What’s in the tall Collins glasses?

gotagetm

« Reply #246 on: Jan 18, 2020, 04:15 PM »

Holy cow was that good, few bones to pick out but very good !!
Dom do you mean a perogi recipe?

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #247 on: Jan 18, 2020, 04:54 PM »
Yes...... 8)

gotagetm

« Reply #248 on: Jan 18, 2020, 06:03 PM »
ok here we go,now old recipe from mom used lard and grease (real polish cooking)
dough
2 and a 1|4 cup flour
2 eggs
2 tblsp oil
1/4 cup water
1 tsp flour
this is same pasta dough i use for everything mix together and need ,if to wet add little flour if to dry little water
wrap and lt rest i usually do this early
filling
5 lbs of red potatoes or any potatoes (i like skin on) cut and boiled till good and soft in salted water drain and ad little butter and little milk(like mashed but no reel mesurement just your eye not to much)leave potatoes little chunky ,at least i do then ad 2#of shredded cheese and stir in till mixed good i use 1#sharp cheese ans 1#of mild cheeses can use whatever you want
let cool then roll dough on floured surface  and fill and fold over i cut them half moon with tupperware container pinch edge together good and i let them set on a towel for a little bit to dry a little, get pot of water boiling and drop few in ,once they start to float give them about a minute in water stirring gentley remove and shower with little cold water to stop cooking place back on towel to dry(or can be eaten just boiled ) but i melt butter in cast skillet and fry on low with salt pepper and a little garlic powder till lightly browned flipping often thats it!!! i top with hot sauce but also great cooked with onions and mushrooms , this is an old school recipe most done by eye but its very good ,dont think youll be disappointed little time consuming BUT as my mom told me years ago "cooking is a staple of life,not nessasarely to be done fast,but to be done right" best food ive ever eaten has never come from a cook book
a little of this a little of that!!! ;D ;D ;D i know my spelling is bad!!!haha but you get the point enjoy                                                                       

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #249 on: Jan 19, 2020, 02:04 PM »
Thanks buddy..   

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #250 on: Jan 19, 2020, 02:07 PM »
They look delicious Dom.

Rg

gotagetm

« Reply #251 on: Jan 19, 2020, 02:54 PM »

They look good Dom!!! It's all in the wrist!!! Haha
Rg tryed your double bread pan with clips( they were my hardest part ) haha but it looks and smells amazing!!! Cutting shortly !!

gotagetm

« Reply #252 on: Jan 19, 2020, 02:56 PM »
These cooking pages are by far the best !!!!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #253 on: Jan 20, 2020, 10:35 AM »
Yea they are gotagetm.
 My son was in Denver last week eating like a king. And this BBQ place was his favorite.. The Romaning Buffalo.  And he sent me some BBQ sauce  .

http://www.roamingbuffalobbq.com/

gotagetm

« Reply #254 on: Jan 20, 2020, 01:42 PM »
How were perogies raq? Using same pasta recipe to make venison raviolis with Ricotta ,fresh parsley and spinach tonight... Will post later

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.