FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: AD's pics (few more trout.....)  (Read 63878 times)

Mikepike

Re: Alaskan Summer
« Reply #30 on: Mar 12, 2005, 09:28 PM »
amazing collection of pictures! Those bottom-dwelling fish sure look wierd!

Just waiting for the backcountry laker trip

AD

• Born to fish
« Reply #31 on: Mar 12, 2005, 10:35 PM »
Yeah,     their are some real weird fish up there.     
Well I was just lookin around for jobs the other day and sent an application back up to Alaska to a hatchery adn they called em the otherday.     I jsut might be heading back up there soon.     I will have to make a decission here soon.   

A few more pictures

hey which one do I cast at?      :w00t:

A well known landmark in Homer  :whistling:

here is my home away from home (the house on the floats.

Another pic of exit glacier,

Me pushing my luck way over the edge shore casting for cod, sole, and halibut, with a light rod (my otherone hadnt arrived yet and I sure wasnt gonna sit around when there was fishing to be done)

and a beautiful alaskan sunset

A bad day of fishing still beats a good day of working
If a man fishes hard, what is he going to do easy?
You can't catch a fish on a dry line
the greatest fishing secret ever? patience.

AD

• Born to fish
« Reply #32 on: Mar 12, 2005, 10:43 PM »
Me and chucker took a trip to the Niagra, thought Id toss up the pics here too (fish of the day was my 15 pound laker.

^chucker with some browns

^my brown (actually didnt land that one on the pole I was holding (got it on an ultralight, what a blast that was)

^chucker with a laker

^ me with a laker

and then this hog hit

^15 pounds and 34 inches I think, pput her back to fight another day

^ me with a brown and laker,

^chucker with the last fish of the day

total of the day 14 fish, I got 6 he got 8.     
We kept 6 browns all lakers were let back

^ there the 6 are.    We took a Charter with Captain John Oraveck, a great and very knowledgefull guide.     

carpcatcher

« Reply #33 on: Mar 14, 2005, 02:50 PM »
You got some great memories there. I sure wish I'd done stuff like that when I was younger. :'(
      Jim
Love 2 fish

AD

• Born to fish
Re: AD's open water fishing pics.
« Reply #34 on: Mar 20, 2005, 06:30 PM »
Decided to change this over to some open water fishing pic's, seeing as I do a bit of that too when Im not in alaska.    ;)       I dont have many of me, most of them are older regular pictures,   but I have a few from my dad last summer while I was in alaska, he still did some fishing around here.   

A batch of stocked brookies, they dont over winter well in the spot we fish for them,

Also In between my two summers in AK, we went on a charter onto Ontario, Chucker picked up a 25 lb king, I got a 12 lb steelhead and bensmen and my brother and Chuckers friend also landed some fish.     

A few years back we were down at Martha's Vineyard visiting an Aunt and she surprised us with a fishing charter.       We each landed a 20 lb Striped bass.    Along with a bunch of blue fish.     

I was going to post another pic or two, but I dont think my mom or aunt would like that (they are pics of a 39.5 inch  and 16.5 lb pike that my aunt landed and a 39 inch 15.5 lb pike that my mother landed up in Remingy Quebec  . 

More pics to come, I can't wait for trout season, gonna get some good fishing in, but still have some more ice fishing to do before that comes around.     

archbishop

« Reply #35 on: Mar 28, 2005, 03:44 PM »
great pics guys the ones on the first page were sure some odd fish

AD

• Born to fish
« Reply #36 on: Mar 30, 2005, 09:06 AM »
Yeah we caught some really odd fish.   That was part of the fun, sure we didn't get many halibut of decent size, but we always would catch a bunch of fish and lots of them.    Always had a few to bring home to eat if we wanted.     My boss actually caught an octopus when he was jigging for halibut.

AD

• Born to fish
« Reply #37 on: Mar 30, 2005, 09:27 AM »
Well I think Ice fishing is all but over, mightget out this weekend if I'm lucky for the perch.   
Coolest thing I saw this year was this......
It was at Chucker and his wifes camp, the Amish were out ice-fishing for the day also.   

Sorry if a bunch of people from shanty have seen thee rest of these just thought Id share.   

27.5 inch Tiger.   

A nice bass (although I landed one that was a lot nicer that day but didn't get a pic) the one I didn't get the pic of was at least a 4 lber.   

my shanty and a pike

My biggest keeper fish through the ice to date (26 inches)

a batch of pannies (the best of the season)

chucker got this Tiger in a blizzard.     

lent my gaff out so a guy could land this 36 inch 15 pound Tiger

Bensmen fishing early ice

and my first brown ever through the ice

My Girlfriend flew in from Nevada to visit and I took her out icefishing for a day or two.    Didn't catch much of anything (was fishing over 5 inches of clear ice when other lakes had no ice).    But it was nice to know she was up to going out fishing.    I have never seen Ice that smooth before, and only seen it that clear once before  and that was on Caz.      Almost looks like she is walkin on water.   

Original FISHER Jodoin

« Reply #38 on: Mar 30, 2005, 06:54 PM »
Real nice pictures
GIT _ R _ DONE

AD

• Born to fish
« Reply #39 on: Apr 10, 2005, 11:58 PM »
Got out for a few hours today,  Started off at Little York but it was pretty windy and the canoe was at a trolling speed.   Headed back to the ramp and off to a sorta secret little pond that I know holds 13-15 inch perch.     Didn't catch on of the big ones, but the few small perch we caught had some blue coloration in them,  really beautiful fish.     

I really like this pond, don't think it gets deeper then 10 feet but its a nice lake to fish.    You would swear it is in the Adirondacks or alaska,   but it isn't.   It is hidden away in central New York.   

A neat old stump

Chucker in the Red hat and Bensmen in the camo hat (Bensmen is my dad and Chucker is my cousin)

That is the size the perch were running today,     Real fat though, maybe females that havnt spawned yet?

Just some scenery shots

Looks like the ponds are all un-frozen, the streams are coming down in level.    Gonna be some great trout fishing coming up.    I see a lot of limits coming up and the smoker smoking some trout.   

Im gonna try to bring the camera out whenever I head out fishing.     So more pictures to come.     

Mikepike

« Reply #40 on: Apr 11, 2005, 07:40 AM »
sweet!

Just waiting for the backcountry laker trip

AD

• Born to fish
« Reply #41 on: Apr 12, 2005, 10:30 PM »
Headed out to that pond that I posted the pictures of above tonight for some bullhead/crappie action.     
This has really become my favorite pond quickly.     
Started off with a little bobber and spikes action, picked up some small crappies, 5 inches maybe, and a bunch of shiners.     It was fun.  And I can say at 22 years of age this is the first time I have ever really caught crappies intentionally.   Most of the other times it was sunfish fishing and caught a few.     I plan on targeting them a little more later on.    But I was more determined to get into the bull's.   So after it got too dark to see a normal bobber (I forgot the lighted ones) I switched over to split shot and night crawlers.     
     In a matter of an hour and a half I landed 8 and kept 6,   Could have kept catching them, they were bitting really aggressively and fairly often, but I got enough for dinner tomorrow night so I headed back home.     

That is what I brought home tonight.   

The biggest was 13 inches

and the smallest was somewhere around ten or so.    There is the biggest and smallest.     

There they are all cleaned up and ready for the fridge.   

It was a blast, I heard a nice owl and the stars were out,  what a great night.     I definitely plan on heading back out there again real soon, but first the boat comes out of storage tommorrow   :D

Chucker

Re: AD's open water fishing pics. (Bullhead update April 12th)
« Reply #42 on: Apr 13, 2005, 05:37 AM »
Crappies in there too?  We're really going to have to invest more time in that little gem.

AD

• Born to fish
« Reply #43 on: Apr 13, 2005, 08:03 AM »
Crappies in there too?  We're really going to have to invest more time in that little gem.

I was crossing my fingers and hopin they were adn sure enough spikes under a bobber.   Gosh now I really regret not Icefishing it this winter.....     

AD

• Born to fish
« Reply #44 on: Apr 13, 2005, 03:53 PM »
Got out today for a bit of trout fishing.     
Me and Bensmen picked up 2 a piece, I got 2 brows and he got a Brookie and a brown.     
Biggest was 13 inches

We had to keep the brook (it swallowed the hook)

I post a pic of the poles we use for trout in a bit.    Ill jsut say when a creek chyb bites it feels liek a northern pike hitting a darevevil sometimes  ;D.      We basicly use super-ultra-lites with 4lb test.     .     

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.