FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 5/9 at Inland Sea!! Exiting fishing!!  (Read 2642 times)

dickbaker

5/9 at Inland Sea!! Exiting fishing!!
« on: May 10, 2015, 02:05 PM »
 ??? ::)  With many reports of Keeler Bay salmon (from inferior Vt. site?)   I hired Captain Tony for a four hr. Saturday morning lesson!   I know its expensive but Capt. Tony is a really nice guide and he gives it his all!   Big cold front followed 80 degrees weather and even Tony found it hard to locate active salmon at Keeler Bay.   But my grandsons still boated 5 nice salmon.   But even better!  On the way home we stopped to drown crawlers at the Sand Bar State Park launch.   For two young fishermen tossing bobbers and crawlers into the wind it turned out to be almost continuous panfish and finally one huge Rudd(first we've ever taken) and my youngest grandson (Seth, who has only one strong arm to fight fish with)   caught his biggest ever bowfin (33"").   He fought it for 15 minutes on 6 lb. line and bragged about it all the way home.   His big disappointment was that we wouldn't let him bring it home to eat? It broke off while we were trying to get a picture.   With the coming week of rain I will stay home on the Conn. River and try for walleye.  Next sunny weekdays I'm back to Grand Isle again.
I don't understand why this site isn't more active for open water?   I know that the longer days and super fishing keep us away from the computer but it sure would be good to hear from other Vt. fishermen( not only champlain regulars).
At this time it seems that only Perch Bait, Crayfish and Bowfin are willing to keep us up to date?
I'll the whole summer between Champlain and the Conn. River.  At least I will try to post as often as I can ::)
Dick

Perchbait

Re: 5/9 at Inland Sea!! Exiting fishing!!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 03:54 PM »
Sounds like you had a fun day Dick! I'm personally taking the day off today, since my Dad is still fishing on Lake Ontario for Browns. I have to say, it's really weird to have my Dad go fishing without me.  :(  I'll leave it up to him to fill you guys in on his successes and difficulties. PB
perch bait on IS, if you couldn't figure that out on your own. ;)

dickbaker

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 06:01 PM »
PB ???  I bet he is going to say that the wind was terrible.  Hope he had a good time and plans to take you next time. 
Dick

carmifisher

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 06:26 PM »
I've been working too much to fish, and trying to stick an arrow in a turkey has been taking up any free time  ;D
Fly fishermen have longer rods.

~Tench on IS

dickbaker

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 07:59 PM »
Ethan Allen Baker with his NH turkey!
I've never taken a turkey, but he had to get it with his shotgun and his dad calling?
Dick

lowaccord66

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 10:18 AM »
Great post Dick thank you.

crayfish2

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2015, 10:21 AM »
Sounds like you had a fun day Dick! I'm personally taking the day off today, since my Dad is still fishing on Lake Ontario for Browns. I have to say, it's really weird to have my Dad go fishing without me.  :(  I'll leave it up to him to fill you guys in on his successes and difficulties. PB

Sorry I had to leave you behind, Bud .....  But when you get an offer to go fishing on Lake Ontario you don't pass it up!   :thumbup_smilie:

Congrats on the salmon, Dick, and it sounds like the boys had a good time doing some bobber fishing, too!

mudchuck

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2015, 11:39 AM »
Been overwhelmingly busy with work, but have managed a few outings here & there...

Took some friends out to get on panfish, and they were happy to take home a small cooler full of small to medium sized white perch and some sunnies, with one of my friends landing a decent sized carp that made his day.
Caught a few white perch, some sunnies & crappies in St. Albans bay recently.

Caught a 32" eel and some small put & take browns on a small flowage a couple weeks ago. Eel puts up quite a fight. It hit a jig head tipped with crawler meant for walleye. I landed it in my canoe, no net on an ultralight with 6# mono.

Had the opportunity to fish with newfound ice fishing friends and we caught some white perch, rock bass and had a single walleye landed on an evening outing this past Thursday and  some salmon in the inland sea this past Friday morning.

We need rain to get things flowing...
Looking forward to getting on some smallmouth action real soon.

dickbaker

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2015, 04:58 PM »
 :o ;D Wow!  Keep it up.  This is what Vermont fishing is all about.   I want to hear more about Ontario fishing.  I haven't trailered the boat there for five years.   Its 7 hrs. from here and Champlain is only 2 hrs.   
Mudchuck,   eels were my mom's favorite fish food.  I can't believe you let it bounce around in your canoe ???

Lets hear some more stories. 
Dick

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.