FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Cooney  (Read 9022 times)

MT I SPY EYEs

Cooney
« on: May 09, 2013, 02:56 PM »
Was out there Sunday. 6 bows, no eyes. All fish about 1 1/2 to 2 lbs range. Tons of boat traffic, you'd of thought the watersport season started already
Hook em and Book em

Taco Juan

Re: Cooney
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 09:23 PM »
Was there Saturday evening and Sunday morning left with two tasty eyes and threw a dink back. A buddy of mine hooked a few of those football shaped rainbows but only managed to get one in. I've heard of a lot of big eyes coming out of there in the last few weeks also while I was out some older folks were killings the bows on cowbells. Hope that helps

Taco Juan

« Reply #2 on: Jun 12, 2013, 10:33 PM »
I'm giving this report late but better late than never. Went there Saturday got blown off the lake til later that evening. Started getting the walleye around the dam area towards the north shore to the north shore boat dock and around the point. Sunday Was a beautiful day and the recreators were out in full force, but I did manage to land one eater that morning. All in all I left with four eater eyes and threw back two total dinks. A buddy of mine managed to get a football shaped bow but that was all for that weekend. Good luck guys I hope this helps in the hunt.

Taco Juan

« Reply #3 on: Jul 25, 2013, 08:30 PM »
Heading back to Cooney tomorrow, likely trolling all night and probably all night Saturday. Has anyone been up and done any good recently? If so what were you using and what was the quality of fishing? Any info would be appreciated.

fishin7

• Don't know unless you go!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 24, 2014, 10:45 PM »
Anybody been by Cooney lately?  Just wondering how far away are we from getting a boat in.

TJet Apprentice45

« Reply #5 on: Mar 25, 2014, 07:58 AM »
Went up again Saturday, was going to try to throw a jig around for a while but the open water had a skim of ice on it again.  It's open about 20-30 feet from shore on the north side.  Everything else is still froze.  Even looks like you could get on the ice on the south shore in places.   With this weather it's going to be a while before it's boatable.  We need a little wind and some 60's again.
Slugs "N" Sinkers Jet Boating

fishin7

« Reply #6 on: Mar 25, 2014, 12:12 PM »
Thanks TJet.  This weather sucks.  Warm then cold, warm then cold.  If we wouldn't of had that warm spell in the beginning of March we would still be ice fishing it.  I would imagine there is still good ice out in the middle. 

Taco Juan

« Reply #7 on: Mar 26, 2014, 01:07 PM »
Fwp has an office at the lake and are pretty good about keeping people updated. You can call them at 445 2326 and save yourself a trip.

fishin7

« Reply #8 on: Apr 06, 2014, 11:53 PM »
Stopped by Cooney today, lots of people bank fishing.  It shouldn't be long now with next weeks forecast!  :clapping:

Taco Juan

« Reply #9 on: Apr 07, 2014, 02:03 PM »
How much open water was there? And did you get a chance to ask anyone how the fishin was?

fishin7

« Reply #10 on: Apr 07, 2014, 07:08 PM »
I didn't ask anyone so I don't know if they were or not.  We stopped at Redlodge Creek campground and threw a couple of panther martins out but didn't try to hard.  I would say there was around 100' of open water.

fishin7

« Reply #11 on: Apr 13, 2014, 10:52 AM »
Called the FWP office at Cooney on Thursday afternoon to see if anybody has put a boat in yet or if you could possibly get one in Friday at Cooney and the gal said no, told me there is still lots of ice out a little ways off shore and that its going to be a few more days.  Then I read the report on Friday afternoon in the Gazette, after I decided to head east to fish, and they say boats have been trolling the North side!   :cursing:   

TeamFishdOkey

« Reply #12 on: Apr 25, 2014, 11:25 AM »
Any new updates on Cooney?

Taco Juan

« Reply #13 on: Apr 28, 2014, 11:04 AM »
Anyone make it to cooney this weekend? If so how's the water clarity/ level/ temp? Any info would be appreciated

mt.redneck

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2014, 07:43 PM »
was at Cooney Saturday. caught 6 walleye's, 4 were 14-15 inches, 1 was 12.5 inches and the last was 9-10 inches. My dad caught a 3 pound 11 ounce sucker also, released. Not a bad day for cold weather  :P, water was off color but the fish were biting.

God bless and tight lines!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.