FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Tiber  (Read 7158 times)

monk38

Tiber
« on: Jun 08, 2016, 07:28 AM »
Has anyone fished Tiber lately?  I have never been there any camping suggestions?

monk38

Re: Tiber
« Reply #1 on: Jun 08, 2016, 07:29 AM »
Just got my third post... how about camping?

MatCat

« Reply #2 on: Jun 08, 2016, 04:31 PM »
Tournament this weekend, would choose somewhere else, if still going to Tiber don't camp near the dam, vfw and marina will be busy, stay south or west.
Has an understanding wife.

d_smith84

« Reply #3 on: Oct 12, 2016, 10:13 PM »
Anyone know anything about fishing Tiber this time of year? Cranks, harnesses, depth?

TinkerS

« Reply #4 on: Mar 28, 2017, 04:10 PM »
Lots of looks but no conversation.  I'll try to get it going, I believe just like ice shanty you need a minimum number of posts to open the lakes board, but unlike ice shanty there is also a rivers board.  I don't know about fall fishing on Tiber but I did post about camping on the lakes board last summer, check it out.

Papa John

« Reply #5 on: Mar 28, 2017, 09:43 PM »

walleye_guy

« Reply #6 on: Mar 28, 2017, 11:14 PM »
That article is 4 months old.  Boating is open on Tiber you just need to get decontaminated upon exiting or get a local boater sticker. 

TinkerS

« Reply #7 on: Mar 29, 2017, 08:28 AM »
There is a news article on the FWP website stating 2 ramps at canyon ferry open and one at Tiber at this time.  I believe I read on here that only the south end canyon ferry ramp was open, I think it was too much ice on the north end yet. 

Papa John

« Reply #8 on: Mar 29, 2017, 02:31 PM »
That article is 4 months old.  Boating is open on Tiber you just need to get decontaminated upon exiting or get a local boater sticker. 

Just found the latest news about reopening for boats. Can't seem to find which ramp locations on Tiber will be used for inspections. Bootlegger? Willow Arm?? The Dam?? Marina?? Anyone know for sure what we will be able to use? Thanks.

walleye_guy

« Reply #9 on: Mar 29, 2017, 11:40 PM »
I went to the first meeting in Helena.  There was a lot of info and I am not going to claim to remember it all but I believe the ramps open were the v.f.w. and willow creek.  Those are where decontamination station will be located and all boats (or any watercraft) leaving the lake must be decontaminated, unless they get the local boater sticker.  With the local boater sticker you will be able to bypass the decon stations but not be able to put in any other body of water until you have been decontaminated.

walleye_guy

« Reply #10 on: Mar 29, 2017, 11:42 PM »
Also local boaters can use any ramp. 

Evan_35

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2017, 03:23 PM »
Going to be in the area Friday but I won't have a boat. Can anyone suggest where I could fish from shore and have my best chance at success? Thanks in advance.

walleye_guy

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2017, 08:32 AM »
Not sure the exact spot but the state record walleye was caught from shore there a few years ago.  If it were me I would go below the dam on the river. I have pulled trout, walleye, northern, whitefish and probably others too from down there.  Sanford park is a nice spot with some trees too.  Give us a report.  Good luck.

Quantoson

« Reply #13 on: Jun 25, 2017, 08:57 PM »
Below the dam fishes extremely good mornings early.  On the lake, the fingers have been better at 9am till 2pm.  All the break a ways into bays, (fingers) have been producing casting almost anything from bank.  Pike were breaking my lines more than I cared the first time out since I am fishing for trout.  Use leaders that will take a pike strike. which didn't or hasn't stopped the bite.  West end at North Bootlegger was or maybe still is hot for walleye.  Was using salted minnows, worms at 5 am morning.  Bite lasted maybe 3 hours til 8 am.  Hate me for this but at the boat ramp, take a right follow around to the point, walk out from there to the bank and cast out.  The stronger the wind I found that the better the bite.

walleye_guy

« Reply #14 on: Jun 27, 2017, 09:19 PM »
Wow Quantoson,  that is being pretty neighborly.  Nice work.  Thanks for a great report.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.