MFF US Northwest > Wyoming

Flaming Gorge Reservoir, WY side

(1/2) > >>

Somers:
Hi.  I will be heading to WY in early June and will be staying in Green River. 

Does anyone have any info on the types of fish/fishing I can expect to find in this lake and what methods to target them? 

I have read online there are lakers, browns, bows, and kokes as well as channel cats and smallies.  What are some of the secrets to tangling w/ these guys?

Thanks in advance.  All responses appreciated.

Somers:
NO one fishing here I guess.  Or maybe not reading this site anyway.

Guess I'll make due.

Mackdaddy21:
Flaming Gorge is a good fishery for all of the above. If you want to catch lake trout, fish in 40 to 50 foot depths with some structure like rocky riprap, humps, and inside turns. Use 4 inch tube jigs fished on heavy heads and tip them with sucker or anchovy.
Shallower rocky areas are filled with chunky smallmouths. Use lipless cranks, jigheads and twistertails, soft jerbaits, diving cranks, and topwaters in the evenings. Just be careful fishing for smallies, cause rainbows and browns also inhabit the smallie habitat, and they are can break off your bass lures easily unless you loosen the drag.
The rainbow and browns like bait, but shallow trolling rapalas or spoons, or casting shoreline rocks and points will get you into plenty.
If you fish catfish, fish inlet areas in the afternoons and evenings with chicken liver, worms, or cut baitfish.

Tyler

Somers:
Awsome info.  Thanks Tyler.

Any info on the Kokes.  Never fished them before.

TroutFishingBear:
sounds like a great fishery. How did you do somers?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version