FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Picture Posting  (Read 34113 times)

Scott

• Administrator
  • Jig Jig for a big pig
Picture Posting
« on: Mar 16, 2004, 10:40 AM »
Picture posting etiquette

No Advertising

No posting of copyrighted materials:
Images/writings you do not own or have the right to use should not be posted. Do not link images from within other websites unless you have permission to do so.

Image Size Height - Width:
Image width should be less than 600 pixels. If your images are larger please resize them to a maximum of 400 pixels.

Image File Size:
For users on a slow modem waiting for huge pictures to load can get annoying. For faster image load speeds convert your images to .jpg and compress them using a jpg compressor to a file size of less than 60KB. You can find online jpg compressors here at these links :
http://www.spinwave.com/

Bio Pics:
The latest version of forum software lets you add your own picture to your bio. The bio pic loads in every post and if the pic files size is to large it can really slow the board down. Bio pics will only be allowed if the are less than 120-pixels_height by 120- pixels_width and are less than 8KB in files size.

Rg's picture posting instructions

Rusty1034

• He's gota be happy with that one
Re: Picture Posting
« Reply #1 on: Apr 08, 2004, 09:28 AM »
How does on post pictures on this board ?

Thanks, Rusty
Eat farm raised fish
Practice catch and release.
Walleyes get released in the fryer

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #2 on: Mar 14, 2005, 05:57 PM »
For some reason I cant post a bio-pic. I have used the link to Rgfixits post but I cant fidn the the box marked " I have my own photo". I have gone over my profile many times but that option is not there! I can pick a stored photo but none of my own, is there a system error or am  I looking in the wrong spot? help

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #3 on: Mar 14, 2005, 06:22 PM »
bass junky you need three posts before you can have your own personal avatar...so post away youre almost there  ;)
Scotty 

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #4 on: Mar 14, 2005, 09:37 PM »
thanx for the info, I thought I was going crazy. I had no problems setting up a pic on iceshanty but I waited until I had a lot more posts. thanx again

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #5 on: Mar 30, 2005, 07:19 PM »
Hi everyone, I was wondering how to add a profile picture. I have a digital photo saved on my computer in Adobe photoshop, can I add a photo from Adobe photo shop to my profile picture? if so how.
 If I have to use photobucket, how do you transfer the image from the photo shop to photobucket, and what is the personal avatar? :unsure:

Water Wolf

rendo

« Reply #6 on: Mar 30, 2005, 07:33 PM »

You sign up on photobucket. after you are logged on then you browse pics of your pics and select it to summit to photobucket. after its saved there then you can link to it from MFF or IS.
thinking  fishing!!
Be safe!Fish On!

Water Wolf

« Reply #7 on: Mar 31, 2005, 04:04 PM »
I am now signed up with Photobucket, but am not sure how it works. How do I send my photo from the Adobe Photoshop to my Photobucket album? And once I do that, how do I like it up to my fish finder profile? ???

Water Wolf

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #8 on: Mar 31, 2005, 04:25 PM »
As mentioned above, you cant link a photo to your profile until you hit 5 posts. SO you still have 2 to go

open up your photo bucket and click "browse to look thru your hard drive for photos. You will need to remember how and where you saved them. Once you find the photo you want click on it, and photo bucket will automatically bring it to its site. You will have to shrink your photos down to use them on this site, real small for your profile.

Once you hit 5 posts, go into your profile on this site. There will be a radio button that says "I have my own photo" click it, then cut and paste the URL info under the picture you want to use as your profile.

hope this helps

Water Wolf

« Reply #9 on: Mar 31, 2005, 05:40 PM »
Bassjunky,
 I now have the photo transfered to photobucket, I reduced it as you said, and cut and paste, the URL into my profile but when I hit the redo profile button, there is an X where my picture should be, what do I do to correct this?
Thanks for the help :laugh:

Water Wolf

treed942000

• Bailee and Sandee
« Reply #10 on: Mar 31, 2005, 06:17 PM »
Water Wolf,

In photobucket, use the very bottom address of the 3 and it should work.

TReed
Tight Lines,
TReed

Open Water @ www.myfishfinder.com Icy Conditions @ www.iceshanty.com Hunting @
www.myhuntingforum.com

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #11 on: Mar 31, 2005, 06:24 PM »
Water Wolf,

In photobucket, use the very bottom address of the 3 and it should work.

TReed
Not for the profile, you're supposed to use the "url", not the [IMG].
For your avatar, make sure the picture is less 120x120 pixels, and that it is less than 8KB. Also, make sure you select "I have my own profile picture" or whatever that is. Hope this helps.

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #12 on: Mar 31, 2005, 09:20 PM »
Pasquatch is right, you need to use the URL section not the IMG. The issue may be the size as he also mentioned. Try to cut it down and re-do the URL.

Also a mistake I have made a few times before cluing in was I either deleted the picture from photobucket after i used it or I moved it to a folder. Any changes to the location of the photo will give you a red "x" in its place. SO make sure the URL you used matched the current URL of the photo.

if this reads like gibberish I apologize

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #13 on: Apr 01, 2005, 05:35 AM »
Also a mistake I have made a few times before cluing in was I either deleted the picture from photobucket after i used it or I moved it to a folder. Any changes to the location of the photo will give you a red "x" in its place. SO make sure the URL you used matched the current URL of the photo.

Yeah, if you move the file, it won't read on Photobucket. Also, if its deleted from Photobucket, it won't show on the web. ;)

treed942000

• Bailee and Sandee
« Reply #14 on: Apr 01, 2005, 09:55 AM »
Wes,

Thanks, that was my bust.  I was thinking normal pic.

Troy
Tight Lines,
TReed

Open Water @ www.myfishfinder.com Icy Conditions @ www.iceshanty.com Hunting @
www.myhuntingforum.com

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.