FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sinker making  (Read 4498 times)

killitandgrillit

Re: Sinker making
« Reply #30 on: Mar 28, 2005, 09:31 AM »
I've never seen the point in making your own sinkers, personally. First you have to buy something to melt it with, then casts, then lead....then there's the danger of handling lead, and the fact that it's bad for the enviroment....plus, sinkers are just plain cheap. I have better things to do with my time, like fish :P
"I fish because I love to; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience; because maybe one day I will catch a mermaid; and finally, not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important, but suspect so many other concerns of men equally unimportant- and not nearly so much fun."

buzzbomb

Re: Sinker making
« Reply #31 on: Mar 28, 2005, 11:42 AM »
Well, since I already had everything I needed to make them the first attempt gained my friend and I about $90 worth of sinkers for about an hours work.....enough for a couple of years of carp fishing.  Certainly the safety concerns are not to be overlooked (my brush with lead poisoning convinced me!) but next time I will be wearing the right kind of mask.  This thread is about using non-toxic materials to make sinkers because tungsten sinkers are expensive.  And again, out of materials we already have or can get easily.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.