FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: World record Rainbow...  (Read 3399 times)

Scientist

World record Rainbow...
« on: Jun 11, 2007, 08:54 AM »

TrekJeff

Re: World record Rainbow...
« Reply #1 on: Jun 11, 2007, 10:13 AM »
DAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

johndeere540

« Reply #2 on: Jun 11, 2007, 12:51 PM »
All i got to say is:   What a fish...............

pike hound

« Reply #3 on: Jun 11, 2007, 04:03 PM »
 :o :o :o :o
That's unreal! The lateral line is bulging out the side of that fish. That thing is as big around as a tire!

marshrat

« Reply #4 on: Jun 11, 2007, 06:49 PM »
Ohh that little guy lol

Awesome fish
Chris Neal
Twin Tier Angling Board
DON'T LEAVE FISH TO FIND FISH!!!!!

GO TEAM PA

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: Jun 11, 2007, 06:58 PM »
What a pig, man, what a pig.

Mike

JiggerMan

• Man do I love Fishing
« Reply #6 on: Jun 11, 2007, 08:48 PM »
that is one big RB trout.  definately not the prettiest one though.   there must be alot of food in that lake.

Big Burk

« Reply #7 on: Jun 11, 2007, 11:51 PM »
the same guy who caught this trout also caught 2 Saskatchewan records last year in the same spot. they catch a few 20lbers everytime they go out. the fish was caught on Diefenbaker Lake.

metaliczombi

« Reply #8 on: Jun 12, 2007, 09:31 PM »
No doubt it's a big fish and it would be amazing to hook into one but apparently it's a triploid fish(all natural trout are diploid)  It's been engineered in a lab to grow bigger by being sterilized just after fertilization and all the energy that normally goes into reproduction and growth of reproduction organs is used for growth.  As for being a world record fish, it's one step away from being raised in a swimming pool, lab fish shouldn't count.  Here's an interesting thread at the IGFA site: http://www.igfa.org/forum//forum_posts.asp?TID=67

Scientist

« Reply #9 on: Jun 13, 2007, 09:18 AM »
No doubt it's a big fish and it would be amazing to hook into one but apparently it's a triploid fish(all natural trout are diploid)  It's been engineered in a lab to grow bigger by being sterilized just after fertilization and all the energy that normally goes into reproduction and growth of reproduction organs is used for growth.  As for being a world record fish, it's one step away from being raised in a swimming pool, lab fish shouldn't count.  Here's an interesting thread at the IGFA site: http://www.igfa.org/forum//forum_posts.asp?TID=67

Triploid fish are not genetically engineered fish from a lab. A trout triploid is created by exposing recently fertilized eggs to water temperature of 30 degrees C. for a period of ½ hour. The fish are sterile and are stocked in areas in which Fish and Game do not want to introduce a different fish strains in a new area to impact existing fish populations. The fish was not raised in a pool being fed fish pellets but caught from a lake in which it lived for many years. I don’t ever hear anyone ever being offended by when a large hybrid striped bass or tiger musky is caught so why are people upset that this kid caught a 40+ lb trout? As far as the IFGA, whether the fish is triploid or not, it should not detract the fact that it was caught by rod and reel by an angler. In my opinion, if it is such a big issue with them of wild vs. stocked then they should create a new category. 

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
« Reply #10 on: Jun 13, 2007, 03:07 PM »
The fact that this fish was stocked shouldn't matter.  This was a pretty old fish...every bit as much of a predator as a wild fish.  It's not a mutant fish....just a sterile one.  What a BEAST...congrats to them for catching it!!

-Zach

metaliczombi

« Reply #11 on: Jun 13, 2007, 04:33 PM »
The hybrid and Tiger are labeled as different from their counterparts, this fish has been altered but is not identified as such,  Rainbow trout and triploid Rainbows should be in a separate category.  Anyway, It's a big fish and I know I will never come close to a 'bow that big.  Congrats to the FishingGeeks.

JiggerMan

• Man do I love Fishing
« Reply #12 on: Jun 13, 2007, 09:05 PM »
the only advantage that the triploid fish had over a regular fish is that all of its energy is put into growing in stead od sex organs.  I work at a trout hatchery and we bought some triploid rb trout and they are far superior in size to the same age of trout that are not triploid. 

the triploids are 2 years  old and they are avearaging 17 inches. 

grasshopper

• IS THAT A BITE? I think so my rod is twitching!
« Reply #13 on: Jun 14, 2007, 01:01 PM »
Thats nothing! Mine was bigger but it spat the hook before I could get her on shore................... honest! ::) :unsure:

She's a beauty Guys congrats.

So who gets to mount it on their wall?
"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot."

TrekJeff

« Reply #14 on: Jun 14, 2007, 08:45 PM »
Interesting about the di and tri...kinda like fish on roids...oh well they gave away the home run record too.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.