FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Panfish Maniacs !!!!!  (Read 286558 times)

greensider

Re: Panfish Maniacs !!!!!
« Reply #1815 on: Apr 13, 2021, 07:47 PM »
Yellow perch food for sure

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1816 on: Apr 13, 2021, 08:14 PM »
Yup! I’ll be trying some of my ties from the cold months.
You just never know until you go.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
« Reply #1817 on: Apr 13, 2021, 10:01 PM »
Some 9”ers were the best I could do. Nice sunnies anyways.

Rg

Nice catch bob...went out for a little bit today...only got a dozen sunnie's and gills...were great for supper.
John
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

greensider

« Reply #1818 on: Apr 14, 2021, 04:27 AM »
Rg those are killer

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #1819 on: Apr 14, 2021, 06:13 AM »
nice dinner
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

trapper2000

« Reply #1820 on: Apr 14, 2021, 06:37 AM »
i been fishing for bullheads right during the day and doing great, but i been getting 5 or 6 big blue gills on the bullhead poles think it's time for the canoe and flyrod.......last night roy and i packed up young man and his little girl walked over,she told me all about the HUGE sunfish she caught,,,her  first! i told  her dad cast right there with a worm and she'll be pulling in bullheads.....i loaded up said good by and watched for second ...going down memory lane ....the exact same spot.... 40 years ago a little girl with a snoopy pole catching her first blue gills and bullheads...... i smiled , maybe wiped a watery eye (sun i guess)  and drove away.....life is  good suck it up.....hey God  thanks  i really am the luckest man alive  :thumbup_smilie:

bbfrogger

« Reply #1821 on: Apr 14, 2021, 08:19 AM »
Good story Trap - thank you !

taxid

« Reply #1822 on: Apr 14, 2021, 08:21 AM »
Some 9”ers were the best I could do. Nice sunnies anyways.

Rg

That's really big for most areas as they usually don't top 8 inches in most parts of the country I have caught them.  Very nice!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1823 on: Apr 14, 2021, 11:57 AM »
Think I might have a 10” in the bucket from this morning. It was wild. They were schooled and on the surface hitting a jig and waxworm about 6” down.

A fellow next to me couldn’t raise a bite so I gave him an ice jig and some waxies. He started getting them on the first cast.

Gotta go ice those fish down.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

bbfrogger

« Reply #1824 on: Apr 14, 2021, 12:49 PM »
I love fishing like that in spring with the ice fishing jigs under a bobber

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1825 on: Apr 14, 2021, 02:37 PM »
You betcha! I was schooled by a couple of masters. My good friend and fishing mentor “The Old Man” and another old guy named “Stan”.

While I was watching the bobber this morning ( the fish started out hitting super light) I could hear their voices in my head saying “ another guy who doesn’t know a bite when he sees it”  and “ you gonna hook that fish or what?” Stan taught me to fish the docks, Bob taught me to perch and ice fish. Stan is gone now and Bob suffered a serious stroke.

That was 40 or more years ago. They took me under their wings and I tied them flies. ( they liked my Crystal Flash Scuds)

It’s just great how those memories come back while you’re sitting on a bucket on the bank or dock catching springtime gills and sunnies.

Once again I have to apologize for my “opening day” comments. Guess I just wasn’t thinking.

Rg

trapper2000

« Reply #1826 on: Apr 15, 2021, 08:48 AM »
to Bob and  Stan ..... :thumbup_smilie:

trapper2000

« Reply #1827 on: Apr 15, 2021, 08:54 AM »
iuse my fly rod my secret weapon is a weighted pheasant tailor stonefly....secret is ....tie them on jig hooks so they look like a nymph swimming level in the water...next us a good strike inticator lik  the  round ball type........put a spike on if you need to....you ain't really trying if your not cheating.... ;D

bbfrogger

« Reply #1828 on: Apr 15, 2021, 09:11 AM »
You betcha! I was schooled by a couple of masters. My good friend and fishing mentor “The Old Man” and another old guy named “Stan”.

While I was watching the bobber this morning ( the fish started out hitting super light) I could hear their voices in my head saying “ another guy who doesn’t know a bite when he sees it”  and “ you gonna hook that fish or what?” Stan taught me to fish the docks, Bob taught me to perch and ice fish. Stan is gone now and Bob suffered a serious stroke.

That was 40 or more years ago. They took me under their wings and I tied them flies. ( they liked my Crystal Flash Scuds)

It’s just great how those memories come back while you’re sitting on a bucket on the bank or dock catching springtime gills and sunnies.

Once again I have to apologize for my “opening day” comments. Guess I just wasn’t thinking.

Rg

I had to learn that kind of fishing myself - my dad and grandpa only liked to fish for Walleye and trout but they were really good at it.  I like to fish for them too, but I also like to fish for whatever is biting on whatever they are biting on  ;D.  I'm one of the old timers now but I'm schooling some of the other old timers fishing like that - more often than not they say "do you have any more of those dots (ice fishing jigs)"   hahaha

bbfrogger

« Reply #1829 on: Apr 15, 2021, 09:15 AM »
iuse my fly rod my secret weapon is a weighted pheasant tailor stonefly....secret is ....tie them on jig hooks so they look like a nymph swimming level in the water...next us a good strike inticator lik  the  round ball type........put a spike on if you need to....you ain't really trying if your not cheating.... ;D

Swimming level is definitely key !!  I can't tell you how often I've been fishing right next to someone using the same bait and same set up but we just hook, for instance, a Gulp minnow slightly differently and I'm out fishing them 5-6 to 1.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.