FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NEED A NEW KNOT  (Read 4294 times)

flockshot

• the official "shirt" of MIRC
Re: NEED A NEW KNOT
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2006, 07:35 AM »
the palomer knot slips with floro....hence the reason i didnt suggest it..thats all i use anymore(floroclear p-line..floro coated mono.) Great site fishking.
team MI!!! MIRC CHAPTER MEMBER
"Rockbass are great..but the meats a little soft."

killitandgrillit

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2006, 09:23 AM »
My Palimar knots never slip. It's my favorite knot next to the good fisherman's knot or trilene knot.
"I fish because I love to; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience; because maybe one day I will catch a mermaid; and finally, not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important, but suspect so many other concerns of men equally unimportant- and not nearly so much fun."

carpcatcher

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2006, 11:54 AM »
I agree with you Killit, my palomars don't slip either. When striper fishing I use a 20lb floro leader and don't have any problems with it.
        Jim
Love 2 fish

flockshot

• the official "shirt" of MIRC
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2006, 11:58 AM »
maybe its that line..ive only tried it with the P-LINE...assumed it would slip on full floro so ive never botherd...thanks..its an easy knot..

i still do like the loop knots though...makes the bait move more.
team MI!!! MIRC CHAPTER MEMBER
"Rockbass are great..but the meats a little soft."

killitandgrillit

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2006, 12:09 PM »
That's true, a loop knot does allow for better stickbait action. I like the palimar for the simple speed of it- takes a flat second to have a new lure or leader tied up securely.
"I fish because I love to; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience; because maybe one day I will catch a mermaid; and finally, not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important, but suspect so many other concerns of men equally unimportant- and not nearly so much fun."

bluefinforme

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2006, 12:14 PM »
the palomer knot slips with floro....
:blink: you must "knot" be tying it right......we catch 600 pound Tuna....on 80# flouro....with a p-knot :-\

Pikeguy

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2006, 12:15 PM »
I love loop (Rapala) knots for crankbaits.  ;D  On the knot slippage...I always (when possible) hit the tag end of my line with a lighter to get that little hard bump to help keep it from slipping through and loosing the whole knot. I've always felt better at least ;)

:blink: you must "knot" be tying it right......we catch 600 pound Tuna....on 80# flouro....with a p-knot :-\

That's cause you're a pro. lol :w00t:

Kodiak Commando

• Check your fly
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2006, 12:21 PM »
I agree with most everyone, the palomar knot is the way to go. I use it with P-line flouro no problem, You just have to lubricate it more and cinch it down tighter than with mono.
I've never been to heaven, but i have fished  in  Alaska.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.