FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The 1st weekend  (Read 4886 times)

marshrat

Re: The 1st weekend
« Reply #30 on: Jun 02, 2006, 01:30 PM »
Well i don't know weather to take that as a compliment or not LOL. Its not really like a marsh your thinking of its bigger and theres more open water and bigger fish. In one of my photos i am holding a bass that is one i caught out of there a small to medium sized fish. it was 18 inch's but good eating at the time.  
Chris Neal
Twin Tier Angling Board
DON'T LEAVE FISH TO FIND FISH!!!!!

GO TEAM PA

marshrat

« Reply #31 on: Jun 02, 2006, 01:33 PM »
Here's Marshrat's golden rainbow. It came from the marsh, not swamp, that his shack...er ... house is next to
Just kidding Marshrat ;D
As i said before that fish was caught in Beechwood lake and i wish my house was next to the marsh I'm fishing. I will just have to settle for the 2 cabins.  :'( :'( 
Chris Neal
Twin Tier Angling Board

GO TEAM PA

flockshot

• the official "shirt" of MIRC
« Reply #32 on: Jun 02, 2006, 01:39 PM »
golden rainbows..according to the link posted above..in pennsylvania are manufactured..meaning that there are in fact no such thing...just rainbows with goofy colors..ive got little time for man made fish. lol just kidding..i guess i stand corrected..ive seen them in aquariums... when i said they dont exsist..i meant that they infact are not natural. unlike tiger  that have on occasion occured naturaly. i know splake are also man made..and sterile..there just not as ugly ..and dont require phosphorecent blah blah blah lights to make.
team MI!!! MIRC CHAPTER MEMBER
"Rockbass are great..but the meats a little soft."

marshrat

« Reply #33 on: Jun 02, 2006, 01:44 PM »
golden rainbows..according to the link posted above..in pennsylvania are manufactured..meaning that there are in fact no such thing...just rainbows with goofy colors..ive got little time for man made fish. lol just kidding..i guess i stand corrected..ive seen them in aquariums... when i said they dont exsist..i meant that they infact are not natural. unlike tiger or splake that have on occasion occured naturaly.
Yes the ones in PA are so called "manufactured" but the ones in WY,CA, and WV are not. They do spawn but most of them don't make it pass the 1st or 2nd weekend because they stick out like a sore thumb. WOW I THOUGHT MY SPELLING WAS BAD
Chris Neal
Twin Tier Angling Board

GO TEAM PA

flockshot

« Reply #34 on: Jun 02, 2006, 01:48 PM »
no young sir...all of these fish have been man made..this is not a product of nature..at one point..someone put them in and maybe they succsefuly bred...they are still rainbows..just ugly..lol...and whats wrong with my spelling..i dont see many mistakes..and wouldnt that be the pot calling the kettle black?

Lindz

• "Jo Jo Running"
« Reply #35 on: Jun 02, 2006, 01:52 PM »
I think there may be some confusion as there is the Golden Trout.

Which I believe is native??

http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~auborn/agua/goldentrout.html

It is much different looking then Rat's Golden Rainbow.

Lindz
   &  Bass

flockshot

« Reply #36 on: Jun 02, 2006, 01:54 PM »
yeah i know about golden trout...hes talking altered rainbows.(golden rainbow or something). i just dont get why they bother with the extra effort for a different looking rainbow.. hmmm they would be superb musky and pike bait.. it would be cool however if they got to stealhead size.lol..a 12 lb yellow fish.lol.

marshrat

« Reply #37 on: Jun 02, 2006, 01:57 PM »
no young sir...all of these fish have been man made..this is not a product of nature..at one point..someone put them in and maybe they succsefuly bred...they are still rainbows..just ugly..lol...and whats wrong with my spelling..i dont see many mistakes..and wouldnt that be the pot calling the kettle black?
AS for your commet of "all of these fish have been man made..this is not a product of nature" how far back are we going back then i don't see how a fish can be man made. No human that i know of has ever made a fish if you know what i mean yes maybe milked them and mixed it with eggs. but they would have just the same amount of chance for a mutation to occur then in nature. I may mot be able to spell but admit it any way thats what spell check is for.
Chris Neal
Twin Tier Angling Board

GO TEAM PA

Left Handed Model

• I know it's backwards, I'm Left Handed..
« Reply #38 on: Jun 02, 2006, 02:00 PM »
Golden Rainbows are native to California...  Any in the East would be the result of a stocking program... back to the theory... if a fish is born in a lake, isn't that fish now native....   I know if your born in America more than likely your American (unless your on vacation)
Mike aka: Lefty, the Yellow Pole Guy..GO TEAM MAINE!!
"Do unto others, as you would have done to you"

Lindz

• "Jo Jo Running"
« Reply #39 on: Jun 02, 2006, 02:09 PM »
Well back to the topic of this one  :)  believe it or not I am going to fish a Green fish thingy tournament on Sunday  :P

At least I am fishing - and if I could just motivate - I could document some pictures for everyone -

I will try  :flex:

The lake is Sharon Harris and it actually is producing some decent fish right now - so although I am going Bass fishing I am getting a little pumped.

Lindz
   &  Bass

flockshot

« Reply #40 on: Jun 02, 2006, 02:11 PM »
ok..lets back up a little bit..i stand corrected in part. these fish can reproduce creating more "golden rainbows" that i did not know. but they are not products of nature....... im not even sure we are all clear about what we're arguing about..lol.. i just made the point that i felt its kinda silly to "blast" rainbows with a light to create them..it just seems more productive to make more regular rainbows...they would probably have a better survival rate. as far as just as fair of a chance happening naturaly marsh....have you ever fished over a lake with rainbows that had natural artificial fish culture systems????? the original palimo trout was a genitic mutation of a rainbow..much like i.e. albinism..that has been breed to exsistence...much like splake...but if you note..the genius is the exact same as regular rainbows. long story short...stop taking everything so personal..actually read before you start arguing..and keep the gloves up marsh

flockshot

« Reply #41 on: Jun 02, 2006, 02:12 PM »
hopefully us mich boys can post some fish this weekend....our numbers suck...but we all seem to be hitting the water hard this weekend..the little guy will keep on fighting. ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.