FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Dumbest thing you've done  (Read 16789 times)

icechunk

• The eyes have it
Re: Dumbest thing you've done
« Reply #60 on: Mar 04, 2009, 09:30 PM »
   Left to go walleye fishing one night with my brother. We got to the access and started down my check list. Took the plug out to make sure there was no water in the boat, finished the check list backed the boat in and away we went. 15 minutes later I'm getting ready to idle down to start fishing and look at my brother and say I left the plug on the ramp. I thought he was going to throw me off my boat. anyway 25 minutes later we're back  at the ramp. by the time I got the trailer in the water the boat was sitting on the bottom. 20 minutes to get the boat on the trailer, 30 minutes for the boat to drain and then we went fishing only to get skunked. :P
And God said "Let there be Fish"

fish_tko

« Reply #61 on: Mar 05, 2009, 02:51 PM »
One time i left the anchor and rope sitting on the bow of my boat on the drive to the lake.  I get to the lake to back in at the ramp and notice that my trolling motor is missing, and so is my fish finder. i start wondering what he** is going on so i start back tracking. It wasn't 1/4 mile back from the ramp in someones yard sits my anchor with my bow mount trolling motor and fish finder tangled up in the rope. That turned out to be a pretty expensive trip,  neither worked right again and had to be replaced.

camocrazy82

• Watch EM'! Watch EM'! GET EM'!
« Reply #62 on: Mar 05, 2009, 03:36 PM »
I left an anchor on the back of the boat once, It had about 30 ft of line out and was swinging around a corner when we noticed it. Thank god it didnt hit anyone. Thats when I started doing my checklist.

Boomer

« Reply #63 on: Mar 05, 2009, 06:11 PM »
The list is long and I really do not want to crash the system!

KingPerch

« Reply #64 on: Mar 05, 2009, 06:43 PM »
The list is long and I really do not want to crash the system!
I have to agree with Boomer, way too long :)--KingPerch
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

camocrazy82

• Watch EM'! Watch EM'! GET EM'!
« Reply #65 on: Mar 05, 2009, 06:43 PM »
C'Mon jr! "Way to long" Never thought I would here that from a fisherman!

krappieslayer

« Reply #66 on: Mar 08, 2009, 06:17 AM »
Forgot to put the pin in and while on this bridge:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Blackhawk_Bridge_02.jpg   lost the trailer/boat.

Aside from halting traffic for a good 10 minutes and damaging the back of the truck, boat, etc. it really wasn't that bad.. gotta love ol' lansing, iowa.

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #67 on: Mar 08, 2009, 09:28 AM »
wow, a lot of boat related issues here...I like most here have forgot to put a plug back in, I have also drove an hour to the lake to realize the boat keys were not with me,...I've kicked rods in the water, and I lost three pairs of sunglasses in one season due to looking down...needless to say I now wear straps on my glasses...When ice fishing I have driven 3 hours to lake Simcoe and found that the ice was to thick for my auger to cut thru...

Rebelfisher

• Hook'em and Cook'em!!
« Reply #68 on: Mar 08, 2009, 05:17 PM »
ditto for the plug!!
    A Country Boy can Survive!

fish_finder

« Reply #69 on: Mar 09, 2009, 11:13 AM »
Here's a good one from this week lol Went to set a minnow trap to catch some bait for a icefishin tourny, so i cut 4 holes with the power auger and punched out the ice in the center with a spud bar, had a nice big hole for the minnow traps. I set my traps and covered the hole with snow( traps have a tendency to disappear when left over night in a pond close to the road). It was marked with a stick of course to keep people from falling in but the rope and stick for the traps were burried. Heres teh stupid part...after kicking the last bit of snow over the hole, i turned around grabbed my auger  and then proceeded to walk straight into the hole that i just filled in and marked  :cookoo: , going up to my thigh in water and on my face :cursing: My uncle who was with me at the time got a pretty good laugh out of it ( i laughed at him the day before when he stepped backwards into a hole after fiddling with a tip up). Pretty sure my dog was laughing n the inside as well...luckily we were the only ones on the pond at the time...although lots of people heard about it the next day at the tourny
Fishing isn't a hobby it's an addiction

buckclub

« Reply #70 on: Mar 09, 2009, 01:47 PM »
the plug came out back when i was first boating and didn't know i was supposed to twist it in before turning the lever.   Got halfway across skaneateless and was 'loosing power'  stopped and realized there was 2 inches of water coming through the floorboards (10inches of water in the boat)  ..   The plug was tied on so i dove in and replaced it. and chugalugged back to shore.   Carefull out there guys

hunterhill5

« Reply #71 on: Mar 11, 2009, 08:42 PM »
Loading the truck and boat after fishing and had the poles leaning on the stern of the boat and my sons pole with a bobber on it did not have the bail closed and the state trouper let me know on the thruway this little problem. there must have been about 300' of line out with a bobber on it dragging behind me .

Ps the troup thaught it was funny ???

scavengerj

« Reply #72 on: Mar 15, 2009, 03:52 PM »
Broke out my new 2oz spoon and began casting for the rockfish that were breaking. Kept getting hits but couldn't hook a dang fish!! After about an hour of this my brother-in-law saw that I had left the plastic hook gaurds on my lure.
Not sure how many nice fish I missed.

Life is not a guided tour, but a journey
DMS #525
AMSA #1102
OBPA

bubba ARMY

« Reply #73 on: Mar 15, 2009, 04:11 PM »
wow, a lot of boat related issues here...I like most here have forgot to put a plug back in, I have also drove an hour to the lake to realize the boat keys were not with me,...I've kicked rods in the water, and I lost three pairs of sunglasses in one season due to looking down...needless to say I now wear straps on my glasses...
When ice fishing I have driven 3 hours to lake Simcoe and found that the ice was to thick for my auger to cut thru...

fish_finder

« Reply #74 on: Mar 16, 2009, 08:57 AM »
When ice fishing I have driven 3 hours to lake Simcoe and found that the ice was to thick for my auger to cut thru...

Almost happened to me this weeknd..all the snow from last week had melted and refroze putting another decent amount of ice on the lake, if it happens again im going to need an extension.
Fishing isn't a hobby it's an addiction

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.