FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Real time fish finder?  (Read 9799 times)

seamonkey84

Re: Real time fish finder?
« Reply #15 on: Jun 20, 2018, 09:23 PM »
Not Panoptix.
That's been around for a while.

Panoptix LiveScope.

This is brand new.
Only out a week or two.
very little info on the web about it yet.

Well thank you for letting me know that there’s a new model

I just about screamed out in excitement when I saw the details in that demo video
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

Mac Attack

« Reply #16 on: Jun 20, 2018, 09:33 PM »
Well thank you for letting me know that there’s a new model

I just about screamed out in excitement when I saw the details in that demo video

Yea, I posted the link to it a few posts back.

8)

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #17 on: Jun 21, 2018, 07:08 AM »
I like the comment of the guy who says it will ruin the sport of fishing... LOL!! That guy is an idiot

seamonkey84

« Reply #18 on: Jun 21, 2018, 09:20 AM »

Yea, I posted the link to it a few posts back.

8)
Yea I guess I completely missed that one, my bad.  ::)

I like the comment of the guy who says it will ruin the sport of fishing... LOL!! That guy is an idiot

I feel it brings more excitement. My favorite part of ice fishing is jigging and seeing the interaction on the graph. During open water while fishing from a boat, I find it very difficult to maintain a stationary position to do the same with the sonar over deeper water. I don’t have a fancy motor with spot lock, and anchoring in over 20 FOW has too much drift when there’s any wind. If I had the money to throw at this system, it would bring my favorite “video game” to a whole new level and used year round.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

lowaccord66

« Reply #19 on: Jun 21, 2018, 12:08 PM »
I deferred on the fancy motor with spot lock for a few seasons.  Now ill own one for life.  Once you are locked on a lake like champlain using flashers to jig lakers while its 80 out is pretty much unbeatable in my book. 

Mac Attack

« Reply #20 on: Jun 21, 2018, 02:11 PM »
I deferred on the fancy motor with spot lock for a few seasons.  Now ill own one for life.  Once you are locked on a lake like champlain using flashers to jig lakers while its 80 out is pretty much unbeatable in my book.

boom

lowaccord66

« Reply #21 on: Jun 22, 2018, 10:47 AM »

boom

....then if you are really addicted like I became you run enough amp hours in your boat to power a small city.  I think I have 400lbs of batteries but so many smaller lakes I never need the main! (Which is sucking wind right now)

Mac Attack

« Reply #22 on: Jun 22, 2018, 11:51 AM »

....then if you are really addicted like I became you run enough amp hours in your boat to power a small city.  I think I have 400lbs of batteries but so many smaller lakes I never need the main! (Which is sucking wind right now)

I have 2 series 24's in parallel with 2 series 29's

lol

Mac Attack

« Reply #23 on: Jun 22, 2018, 11:56 AM »
I'm looking at a new boat in the next year or 2.

It will have serious AH

Like 4 of these bad boys -

https://www.interstatebatteries.com/products/srm-4d?productLine=marine&subcategoryKey=&ignorecategoryid=true

I won't need the kicker.
lol

lowaccord66

« Reply #24 on: Jun 22, 2018, 01:04 PM »
Mac thats a great link thanks for sharing.  That pricing is great!  Now all we both need is the panoptics 'ducer for the bow mount and man what a combo. 

Begs the question...whos going to build a tesla like high performance electric boat.

Mac Attack

« Reply #25 on: Jun 22, 2018, 01:58 PM »
Yea, 2 of those bad boys instead of 4 smaller ones.
But is there room for them in the boat.
I would make room.
And then some room for 2 more.

lol

Mac Attack

« Reply #26 on: Jun 22, 2018, 01:59 PM »
And don't forget charge time.

Quicker to charge 4 smaller batteries with a 4 bank charger, than 2 larger ones with a 2 bank charger.

Do your homework.

lowaccord66

« Reply #27 on: Jun 22, 2018, 02:04 PM »
Yea, 2 of those bad boys instead of 4 smaller ones.
But is there room for them in the boat.
I would make room.
And then some room for 2 more.

lol

I'm with you 100%  2 34's up front and 2 29's in back to crank.  The 34's only run the troller.  Had to learn about adding a 60amp breaker...was roasting the minnkota barrel plug.

Even quicker to charge the 4 with 2 2 bank chargers!  I rock 2 big pro mariners.

filetandrelease

« Reply #28 on: Jun 23, 2018, 07:46 AM »

Locating  fish is just one aspect of fishing , you still need the right bait and the ability to apply the right presentation
 I say if you can afford it and have the want go for it

chris458wm

« Reply #29 on: Jun 23, 2018, 10:43 AM »
I don't mean to hijack your thread but since you bring up the topic I'd like to ask a question.  I'm giving some serious consideration to buying the Humminbird PiranhaMAX 4 DI fish finder for my row boat and am wondering if anyone has or used one of them.  It looks pretty nice and the price isn't too bad, $146.  I'm looking to stick to my budget and am looking for reviews on this particular model.  Here's a link to it:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Humminbird-410150-1-Piranhamax-4/115392124

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.