FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ny boat ?  (Read 1436 times)

fishin4eyes

ny boat ?
« on: Jun 30, 2018, 12:07 PM »
Ive got a small 10 foot boat that was given to me that was last registered in pa many years ago. I want to put a trolling motor on it. What would I have to have for dmv in order register it. I tried the website but that didn't helpm. Curious if any one else has gone through this and what you had to do. Thanks guys

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: ny boat ?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 30, 2018, 12:11 PM »
Call the DMV and ask. You'll get 15 different answers here.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

fishin4eyes

« Reply #2 on: Jun 30, 2018, 12:13 PM »
I figured rg worth a shot. Just hoping I'd have everything in order for Monday

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Jun 30, 2018, 02:02 PM »
Boats with electric motors need a registration..  They have a form to fill out for boats with lost or no current registration...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: Jul 01, 2018, 07:18 PM »
Just trying to save you a trip.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #5 on: Jul 01, 2018, 09:15 PM »
Call the DMV and ask. You'll get 15 different answers here.

Rg
I agree . Never understood why people go to social media for legal answers. I know people mean well, but go to the source ,

fishin4eyes

« Reply #6 on: Jul 01, 2018, 09:24 PM »
Thanks. I know all boats with motors need registration. Why did I ask on social media because dmv (the source) was closed until Monday and I wanted to get any paper work I needed in order before I went and the website has 50 different explanations. Not my first rodeo just never had one that was last registered out of state

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #7 on: Jul 02, 2018, 05:59 AM »
I just found the form you need online but have no clue how to copy it and paste to the site from my phone......
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

fishin4eyes

« Reply #8 on: Jul 02, 2018, 07:19 AM »
Appreciate it Dom. What was it called I'll try to find. Wouldn't have a clue either

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.