FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Reelmaster give us an update on the Whitemud derby  (Read 721 times)

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
Reelmaster give us an update on the Whitemud derby
« on: Sep 11, 2006, 05:45 PM »
Hey Rm what won the prize over the longweekend???
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

Reelmaster

Re: Reelmaster give us an update on the Whitemud derby
« Reply #1 on: Sep 12, 2006, 10:38 AM »
Okay Guys/gals
Heres the lowdown on the sportsmans derby. We only got out there for sunday. We were entry # 200, 201 and heard that there were 227 entries. Unfortunatly there wasnt even 1 walleye entered in the derby. I guess sat. night someone caught a 15" er but missed weight in by 3 minutes. The winning pike was a whopping 9.67lbs  :o :o :o. Can you believe it. I know where it was caught also.  8) in second was a 3.97 lb er. Miss walleye was 4th with a 3.57lb er but they only paid out for top 2.
The perch category was won with a .39 lb er. The same categories ran for the kids with bullheads included. I didnt really pay attention to the biggest fish on that board but I think the big pike was in the neighborhood of 4 lbs. The rules were you could fish anywhere in the whitemud and rat creek but couldn't go onto the lake. The boat traffic was unreal and the high pressure made it very tough to catch anything. We spent most of the day in the rat creek trolling and casting for pike.
Water levels are around the 4-7 ft with the holes running around 9 ft. Water temp was about 66 degrees
The fish were not in the usuall spots because anywhere where there was structure you would see clusters of 8 - 10 boats within rod distance of each other. It was sick. :o
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good days work!!!

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
Re: Reelmaster give us an update on the Whitemud derby
« Reply #2 on: Sep 12, 2006, 09:48 PM »
Thanks buddy. I figure the weather is still to warm for the walleye run.
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.