FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1480775 times)

KingPerch

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #2085 on: Jun 26, 2016, 08:19 AM »
X2! On the outcome of that accident. Good job boys on the fish! Thanks to You, your bride and Snag for stopping by Josh's grad party. That 13 Envy rod You gave him already has a reel on it. He'll put it to the test come Monday night. 😈
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

filetandrelease

« Reply #2086 on: Jun 26, 2016, 08:30 AM »

Hopefully that rod will put lots of weed trout in his boat
And all the food was great , I would have liked to have stayed longer but we had to get to the grand daughters 4th birthday party. Wife made her a girly cake that was still at our house that needed delivering

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #2087 on: Jun 26, 2016, 08:38 AM »
Yes glad everyone is ok with the boating accident. That must have been a heck of a wake that guy hit!!  Fred had a blast out there. Even when the fishing isn't that good we manage to have just a few laughs  ;D  It was def hot enough for me out there. Can't imagine being out there today
Nice job findin em

KingPerch

« Reply #2088 on: Jun 26, 2016, 08:45 AM »
Hopefully that rod will put lots of weed trout in his boat
And all the food was great , I would have liked to have stayed longer but we had to get to the grand daughters 4th birthday party. Wife made her a girly cake that was still at our house that needed delivering
I'm sure he'll slime up the carpet catching fish with that rod!😊 Happy Birthday to your grand daughter! And the Mrs. did a great job on that cake by the way! Oh....Did the little one save uncle KP a piece of that cake?😞 lol!

reeleyz

« Reply #2089 on: Jun 26, 2016, 11:34 AM »
Wow that is an interesting accident. I am glad everyone is ok.

Good job on the eyes guys.

eyedoctor

« Reply #2090 on: Jun 26, 2016, 01:28 PM »
Guys I'm gonna try this lead core line fishing. what size rod and action do I want to use and is a diawa line counter #47 a big enough reel to hold all the line.

reeleyz

« Reply #2091 on: Jun 26, 2016, 01:48 PM »
Guys I'm gonna try this lead core line fishing. what size rod and action do I want to use and is a diawa line counter #47 a big enough reel to hold all the line.

I use a 47lc  for a 6 color core and it works well for that. According to these guys the 47 will fit 10 colors okay. I use some old Penn reels for my 10 color code set ups. I use 7' 6" and 8' 6" eagle claw poles (SF 400A). They are nothing fancy but they seem to handle the lead well and they have some action to them.

http://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php#/forumsite/20518/topics/138783?page=1

filetandrelease

« Reply #2092 on: Jun 26, 2016, 02:41 PM »

Lead isn't much fun but is an effective way to fish

filetandrelease

« Reply #2093 on: Jun 26, 2016, 03:11 PM »
I'm sure he'll slime up the carpet catching fish with that rod!😊 Happy Birthday to your grand daughter! And the Mrs. did a great job on that cake by the way! Oh....Did the little one save uncle KP a piece of that cake?😞 lol!
I was going to ask you the samething about those nasty cupcakes , I ate 2 just so someone else wouldn't have to bare that unpleasant task , lmao 

Chowdaire

« Reply #2094 on: Jun 26, 2016, 06:41 PM »
Well. I went back to Lake Ontario looking for my first summer king last night and this morning.  Got him around midday yesterday. 17#

Got 5 more last night but no size. This morning went 1/3. But the excitement was the first one I dumped. Picked the rod out of the holder and he was gone. Peeled 600' of line like it was nothing. One big run and a couple of small ones and I was almost out of backer so I upped the pressure with my thumb. Worked to stop him and fight for a bit more then the hooks pulled free. Figured it was either that or him swimming away with everything. Good fun, even with it ending in a lost fish.

Definitely need to do that again after a trip or two on Oneida.

Huntny30

• "What ever you are, be a good one." Abe
« Reply #2095 on: Jun 26, 2016, 07:05 PM »
Nice Chowdaire...Good job everyone.  Well I didn't hit Oneida this weekend but went up to my campsite North. An Army couple was staying next door to us, he was a Blackhawk pilot, he was asking me some questions about fishing in the area because they were from out west and I told him he might as well bring his son along with us in the morning...We went out and trolled the big lake for a couple hours.  I put one of my buddies kids on a small king (18" small) and then had a rod go, the little guy battled this fat 12 pound laker.  It was fun to be a part of.  They were pretty happy. Lots of time spent the rest of the weekend pulling everyone on the tube and swimming.  Man it is hard to fish when it is 90 out!

\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

KingPerch

« Reply #2096 on: Jun 26, 2016, 07:30 PM »
I was going to ask you the samething about those nasty cupcakes , I ate 2 just so someone else wouldn't have to bare that unpleasant task , lmao 
lol! Snagger went right to the cupcakes before dinner! 😲

KingPerch

« Reply #2097 on: Jun 26, 2016, 07:31 PM »
oh.....there are more!

reeleyz

« Reply #2098 on: Jun 26, 2016, 08:12 PM »
Great fish guys!

Chowdaire you are going to be hooked on those Ontario kings now.

UglyStik

« Reply #2099 on: Jun 26, 2016, 08:47 PM »
Awsome laker, must have made the kids day! Great pics all.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.