FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1480874 times)

reeleyz

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #9840 on: Apr 02, 2023, 09:46 AM »
http://In November 2021, DEC instructed conservation officers not to enforce hunting and fishing regulations on Native Americans “engaged in subsistence activities” except under certain conditions, including fishing on spawning beds or near fish hatcheries, according to an internal memo obtained by the Oneida Lake Association and published on its Facebook page.

That directive came from Basil Seggos the DEC Commissioner. At least he pointed out fish hatcheries and spanking beds. In the long run he told the officers to stand down last spring when push came to shove though…

filetandrelease

« Reply #9841 on: Apr 02, 2023, 09:53 AM »

I remember did they put up no trespassing signs this year

oneida1

« Reply #9842 on: Apr 02, 2023, 10:04 AM »
Not sure if they did as of now the hatchery will be open to visitors starting april 15th, This is a giant cluster I hope DEC has a plan to enforce the laws this yr and stick to them, but I think when push comes to shove they will order the officers on the ground to back down again

reeleyz

« Reply #9843 on: Apr 02, 2023, 11:31 AM »
I remember did they put up no trespassing signs this year

Not yet but they have not ruled it out at least.

There has been a heavy presence of
DEC officers there. Seems like a lot of effort for them to only stand down anyway. We’ll find out soon unfortunately.

filetandrelease

« Reply #9844 on: Apr 02, 2023, 11:51 AM »

Thanks keep us posted if anything new develops

KingPerch

« Reply #9845 on: Apr 02, 2023, 01:50 PM »
I stopped watching the news over 10 years ago when my oldest was born. Got sick of the negative and slanted nonsense. I don’t think I’ve missed anything important since then!  ;D
I’m with You my friend. I watch the weather only!
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #9846 on: Apr 02, 2023, 05:35 PM »
you have to understand   the  nations want to be arrested  to go to  court and   prove they have  fishing  rights   due to a  treaty .....the  state  knows this thats  why they stood down
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

oneida1

« Reply #9847 on: Apr 02, 2023, 06:10 PM »
Trap i kinda agree with you and Def agreed  last yr,  but the guy interviewed seems to me wont comprimes nor will he listen to any state or local courts nor tribal courts saying they are not legitiamate and now says he would not accept any tickets . Seems to this guy feels he can do what he wants when he wants wont listen  be it a State / local or tribal court or follow an agreeed compramise made by the governing body of the six nations.. Sounds He may be a pain in the A## to the tribal govt as well as NYS ....

62 & Done

« Reply #9848 on: Apr 04, 2023, 08:01 PM »
Are the fish running yet ?  I like to see them

trapper2000

« Reply #9849 on: Apr 05, 2023, 04:11 AM »
Trap i kinda agree with you and Def agreed  last yr,  but the guy interviewed seems to me wont comprimes nor will he listen to any state or local courts nor tribal courts saying they are not legitiamate and now says he would not accept any tickets . Seems to this guy feels he can do what he wants when he wants wont listen  be it a State / local or tribal court or follow an agreeed compramise made by the governing body of the six nations.. Sounds He may be a pain in the A## to the tribal govt as well as NYS ....

oneida if i had  a treaty  with the  US government i wouldn't  be listening  either , i would  do what i believed was  right  and  try to be arrested  and  taken to court ......you can bet he  has  money and a legal team ready to handle this .......our  governor  added   wood to this  fire  .....

reeleyz

« Reply #9850 on: Apr 05, 2023, 05:09 AM »
Are the fish running yet ?  I like to see them

There are fish running. I am checking on the hatchey situation. The parking has been blocked off whenever I have been by there. There were 2 DEC Offciers posted up by the dam yesterday.

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #9851 on: Apr 05, 2023, 05:30 AM »
I saw the hatchery workers tending to the nets yesterday morning on my way to work so I would think there are fish in the hatchery
Nice job findin em

oneida1

« Reply #9852 on: Apr 05, 2023, 06:39 AM »
oneida if i had  a treaty  with the  US government i wouldn't  be listening  either , i would  do what i believed was  right  and  try to be arrested  and  taken to court ......you can bet he  has  money and a legal team ready to handle this .......our  governor  added   wood to this  fire  .....
Agreed trap but my concern is the over all out come one of his last lines is he" wants to hunt and fish when ever and where ever on State land" , Now this could mean lots like shooting a whole group of Turkeys off a roost at night , punt shooting flocks of ducks  or spearing an unlimited amount of eyes , He says they only take male eyes and only what he needs now if its just a couple of guys probrably wont hurt but say theres 200 people or more in a few years spearing or they are all shooting what ever game animal. There needs to be some type of  comprise asfar as limit/ quota and he says it subsistance hunting/fishing well dosent seem to me that some one that is an Iron worker that can afford to drive down from the candan border really needs subsistance hunting/fishing. Even in like Alaska where ther is tru subsistance hunting/fishing taking place theres rules

trapper2000

« Reply #9853 on: Apr 05, 2023, 06:44 AM »
i'm not saying your  wrong  or  shouldn't have  concern  ....now this is  my opinion , this has nothing to do with  food  or hunting  or fishing it has to do with  the  US government made this deal  now stand up  to it or if you want to change something then  lets   deal  ....... i think this  will come  down to a  cash settlement ....again thats  just my opinion

62 & Done

« Reply #9854 on: Apr 05, 2023, 08:39 AM »
There are fish running. I am checking on the hatchey situation. The parking has been blocked off whenever I have been by there. There were 2 DEC Offciers posted up by the dam yesterday.
Thanks, reeleyz  gonna have to take a ride up  If it's posted I'll be disappointed for sure, but there won't be any poaching either!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.