FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 513858 times)

ActiveTrapChecker

Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #3735 on: Jul 21, 2020, 05:45 PM »
All looks good Dacker. Hoping for some ripe tomatoes soon here, need to make good BLTs

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3736 on: Jul 21, 2020, 06:04 PM »
You’re beyond a green thumb Dom.

Vary nice!
Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3737 on: Jul 21, 2020, 06:29 PM »
Thanks ATC and RG..     
 I really have to figure out a water drip system thats easy to hook up and move each year.. 
For now its me and the birds in the morning.... ;)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3738 on: Jul 21, 2020, 07:20 PM »
Can’t believe you got production so quick. I’m way warmer than you’re area And mine are still green.

Any secrets you’d like to share?

Bob
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3739 on: Jul 22, 2020, 04:48 AM »
No watering this morning.  Nice rain coming down..
 No secrets Bob.    Good compost and propper watering goes a long way...     ;)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #3740 on: Jul 22, 2020, 07:51 AM »
I’m not one to point fingers, but I blame COVID for the green tomatoes....

taxid

« Reply #3741 on: Jul 22, 2020, 10:43 AM »

:rotflol:
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #3742 on: Jul 22, 2020, 11:56 AM »
I re-did the water garden/fish pond I built for my wife about 15 years or so ago. 6 years at camp neglecting it wasn't kind to it. Salvaged the few remaining hostas, then hit it with the mower and rototiller to start over. Finished the mulch yesterday. It was a chore with the heat the last couple weeks, but now I'm sitting by it watching the birds and enjoying an iced tea in the rain.

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #3743 on: Jul 22, 2020, 12:03 PM »
Look like a wonderful place to relax, and it came out amazing. Nice work DS!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3744 on: Jul 22, 2020, 12:29 PM »
That looks incredible..   :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3745 on: Jul 22, 2020, 01:52 PM »
Very nice!
That will grow into a beautiful garden to enjoy for years to come.

Rg

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #3746 on: Jul 23, 2020, 12:26 PM »
Thanks All. It is great. The sounds reminds us of a campsite we stayed at during a canoe trip on the Bog River and Lowes Lake years ago. There was a tiny stream with a small but loud falls there to lull us to sleep. I can close my eyes and with the crackling campfire and the sound from the pond, we are back in the mountains whenever we go out back.

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #3747 on: Jul 23, 2020, 01:20 PM »
Thanks All. It is great. The sounds reminds us of a campsite we stayed at during a canoe trip on the Bog River and Lowes Lake years ago. There was a tiny stream with a small but loud falls there to lull us to sleep. I can close my eyes and with the crackling campfire and the sound from the pond, we are back in the mountains whenever we go out back.

I love falling asleep close enough to a creek that you can hear. Very relaxing!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3748 on: Jul 23, 2020, 05:39 PM »
Peace!

One of the reasons I love fishing small streams.

Rg

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #3749 on: Jul 23, 2020, 07:09 PM »

While I now have one cherry tomato from 18 tomato plants starting to turn orange, I would also like to blame COVID for the fruit flies I came home to after camping last week.

We cleaned the fridge, dishwasher, coffee maker and sink before we left. No produce to be found in the house. Windows shut, be we have fruit flies EVERYWHERE.

My bride tried some googled DIY solutions to kill them but they just keep coming. First time we’ve had an issue like this in the 14 years we’ve been in the house.

Anyone have any types on how to find the source and eliminate these pesky flies?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.