FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The Crawlers Are Out!!  (Read 5601 times)

reelcharacter

• They call it fishing, not catching, for a reason
Re: The Crawlers Are Out!!
« Reply #15 on: Apr 04, 2004, 11:14 PM »
just remember 1 half worm will spoil the whole bunch so only whole worms please or you can learn the hard smelly worm putty way. yucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hear you BD.

I have read about some parts of the worm regenerating if broken off. I would not ever count on it. I placed a wet newspaper ove the center of the "soil" mix inside the box. Then I placed the worms on the center of the paper and closed up the box. Next day checked the newspaper to see if any worms were left. There were some of the garden worms left, threw them out to avoid any dying worms stinking up the rest of the healthy ones. Figure I will also double check both boxes in another day or so for soft or mushy worms.

You want to get out some-time, I'll bring the worms.  :)

-Reelcharacter
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

JigAwhopper

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #16 on: Apr 05, 2004, 11:39 AM »
hey,  has anyone of you guys tried to use electric current to push them out of the ground?  I think i read somewhere on the board about using a 12v battery and sticking the electrodes into the ground and they come out  on their own.   Perhaps 110v Ac would work better,  but might end up zapping myself in the process ;D   bbbzzzzz!!! or frying the worms.  I have an old frog pond where i dump all my mulch in,  and i've been using a shovel to get 'em out of there but it gets all messy.  There is got to be an easier way??
GONE FISH'G.......

bigdave1018

« Reply #17 on: Apr 05, 2004, 01:17 PM »
man this old decrepted fisher person hates buying worms. 4$ for 2 dozen!!!!!! its like going to the desert and buying sand!!!!!!!!!!!!! keep getting worms howey my best fishing buddy!!!!!!!!!

reelcharacter

• They call it fishing, not catching, for a reason
« Reply #18 on: Apr 06, 2004, 07:13 AM »
hey,  has anyone of you guys tried to use electric current to push them out of the ground?  I think i read somewhere on the board about using a 12v battery and sticking the electrodes into the ground and they come out  on their own.   Perhaps 110v Ac would work better,  but might end up zapping myself in the process ;D   bbbzzzzz!!! or frying the worms.  I have an old frog pond where i dump all my mulch in,  and i've been using a shovel to get 'em out of there but it gets all messy.  There is got to be an easier way??

Try the bait section on MFF, there is a post there from someone that has shocked worms:

http://www.myfishfinder.com/fishing_forum/index.php?topic=961.msg5862#msg5862

I tried it myself a week or two ago, during warmer weather. Took two old fiberglas fishing rod butt sections with the rubber pistol grip handles, stuck steel probes in the pole ends, attached electrical wire to the probes and wrapped the connections with electrical tape. Plugged it in and stuck the probes in the ground about 2-3 feet apart. It worked on wet lawn, but found it to be a slpw process; 10 minutes or more per section, 1-2 worms came out each section within a 2' radius around one probe.

Compare this to 100 per hour on a rainy night a few days later, I will walk a parking lot in the rain anytime, use the rods only if desperate.

-Reelcharacter

Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

JigAwhopper

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #19 on: Apr 06, 2004, 07:25 AM »
Great,  thanks for the info,   I think i"ll wait for the rain as well,  much easier to just walk around and pick 'em up.  I need some for the trout opening day pretty soon   ;D                           J.
GONE FISH'G.......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.