FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Canandaigua  (Read 3442 times)

wnybassman

• The Real "No Good"
Canandaigua
« on: Mar 26, 2004, 04:43 PM »
Is Canandaigua free of ice yet?  If not, how much is left?

Thanks...

eyedoktr

Re: Canandaigua
« Reply #1 on: Mar 26, 2004, 05:07 PM »
I don't know if the entire lake is ice free but I was at Seager Marine today (on the pier) and I saw 3 boats out and about. There were a few people fishing the docks and I saw a few small perch caught.
Pete Lewis

SuperX2

• Giv'em The One Four
« Reply #2 on: Mar 29, 2004, 06:12 AM »
From what I'm hearing from all my friends yes it is free of ice. They are getting alot of bullheads in West river and the perch are hitting out infront of Kershaw park 400 yards out or so. Hope this helps.

reubenpa

« Reply #3 on: Mar 29, 2004, 07:10 AM »
where is Kershaw park?  Woodville, or where?  I don't know the names around this area yet, and I want to take a 13 yr old fishing tomorrow and would like to stay long enough to get a couple bullheads
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

iceice

• FISH HARD
« Reply #4 on: Mar 29, 2004, 07:51 AM »
wnybassman                                                                                                                    I fished the south end of the lake Wedsday and Friday and is all open .I was targeting perch in east bay and vine valley.Not a fricking bite,the south wind was relentless so I will give her anouther try this week and let you know. They will start hitting soon!!
2005 17FT LUND MR PIKE                                                                                       
 90hp MERCURY OPTIMAX
WALKER DOWNRIGGERS
JUST ADD WATER!!!

SuperX2

• Giv'em The One Four
« Reply #5 on: Mar 29, 2004, 08:43 AM »
where is Kershaw park?  Woodville, or where?  I don't know the names around this area yet, and I want to take a 13 yr old fishing tomorrow and would like to stay long enough to get a couple bullheads
Kershaw park is at the North end of the lake, you can't fish from the park but out in front 300-500 yards is nice from a boat. If you want good shore fishing for bullhead there are two places I would go. First there is the state launch at the North end of the lake next to KFC. Fish the inlet to the lake, the water looks horrible but the fishing is okay. Second try the Old boat launch on West river. Take Rt21 south into Naples and turn left onto 245 across from Bob and Ruths resturant. Stay on 245 and you will pass a small state boat launch on the left a few miles. Fish this boat launch area for Bullheads, Big gills and even perch. I have killed them there and now I hear it is getting hot there again. Good luck and I hope this info helps. 8)

Uglystick16

« Reply #6 on: Mar 29, 2004, 04:08 PM »
Yup, what Superx2 said ;D

reubenpa

« Reply #7 on: Mar 29, 2004, 09:13 PM »
thanks guys. I have been to the launch on the west river, and gotten some nice perch and a few nice crappies, and right after I posted about Kershaw park, I saw on a map whereit was. I go by it all the time!!!  I live on the edge of Canandaigua. So you can't get bullheads from shore at Kershaw?  I am going to try there are the launch sometime, hopefully this week. Have been wanting to for a week now, but haven't made time. It is nice and muddy now. I checked it today.

reubenpa

« Reply #8 on: Jun 02, 2004, 07:17 PM »
any one getting anything here?   crappies?  trout?  bass?   etc?  do people get crappies through the ice here?

Uglystick16

« Reply #9 on: Jun 03, 2004, 06:17 AM »
63 panfish tuesday night behind the island between the 3 of us.  Got um all on perch flies with worms and minnows.  Will be back next week.

~Matt

reubenpa

« Reply #10 on: Jun 03, 2004, 04:35 PM »
wow, that is good... I am going to have to rent a boat soon or somthin...   what were the panfish?  any crappies, or all gill and or perch?    Thanks for the info

DOUGLAS CONARD

« Reply #11 on: Jul 30, 2004, 10:31 AM »
great fishing at the south end useing spikes

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.