FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: erie walleye  (Read 8308 times)

perchwisher

• nice one!!!
Re: erie walleye
« Reply #30 on: Jun 25, 2007, 10:22 AM »
Was out suturday for 3 hrs same program,20 jets cooperwatermelon spinners off the wind mills 5 on landed 3.Lost a real big one!! not bad for only running two rods.
JUST ONE LAST CAST!

tracker 1

« Reply #31 on: Jun 25, 2007, 01:25 PM »
Was out suturday for 3 hrs same program,20 jets cooperwatermelon spinners off the wind mills 5 on landed 3.Lost a real big one!! not bad for only running two rods.

Do you use planner boards? what was your trolling speed?
                        Thanks tracker

aquaman

• I,ll be home before dark. ( yeah right)
« Reply #32 on: Jun 25, 2007, 02:20 PM »
Didnt do so good along seneca shoal but my buddy was closer to the windmills and got three but the kicker was one wqas 9.5 and he lost one much bigger. Looks like the migratory fish have landed. I got three two 3lb one 6lb.His on sticks mine on harnesses
I remember EVERY TIME I fished or hunted. The REST of the time I...uh...um..... musta been doing something else that didnt matter.

lund

« Reply #33 on: Jun 26, 2007, 12:36 AM »
can anyone tell me if it would be any good out of northeast this weekend

hunters08

« Reply #34 on: Jun 26, 2007, 09:29 AM »
can anyone tell me if it would be any good out of northeast this weekend
i would say northeast should be great,barcelona has been good.
If i'm not fishing than i hope i'm turkey hunting!!!

lund

« Reply #35 on: Jun 26, 2007, 10:38 AM »
thank you hunter i have been tring to get that out of everyone for a will didnt went to have to go to ohio that is around 3 to 4 hours from here. what do you think we should use for the eyes harness and lures or bottom bouncers and what depth of water are they in

perchwisher

• nice one!!!
« Reply #36 on: Jun 27, 2007, 11:55 AM »
Tracker and lund i have been long lining two rods 180 ft back 20ft jets with copper and watermelon spinners about 2-3 miles out of windmills.speed about 1.5-2 mph.
JUST ONE LAST CAST!

lund

« Reply #37 on: Jul 03, 2007, 08:40 PM »
went on charter monday out of walnut creek went west we got 14 shortes was 17.charter was sea wolf . had a good time . i think cold front slowed down the bit

doctariAFC

« Reply #38 on: Jul 05, 2007, 01:17 PM »
Braved the wonderful July 4 weather with 2 others on a walleye hunt off Dunkirk Harbor.  Got out early and thought the day would be a good one when we landed our first walleye after only 15-20 minutes of the westerly troll.  Nice 4+ pounder. 

Then the weather turned, and fast!  Temp dropped, winds picked up and shifted from S to SW, seas began building and the rain was unreal.  Fish seemed to really scatter once the front moved in, and I believe they were already scattered from the past few days' weather patterns.

Hooked Up was also out in front of Dunkirk, reported similar results (2 in box) and has seen the schools disappear, scattering as the weather patterns fluctuate.

They'll school up again....  And when they do, I hope to be right over them. 

4lber hit on Orange/ Black harness, orange 1 dipsey, 9' leader, set back 160 feet (setting 2).  Trolling speed @ 2 MPH.  Got a couple whiteys, too.  One on a harness and the other smacked a spoon presented off a rigger, 55' down, just after I popped it.  Pretty big whitey, too.

And, of course, one of the newbies decided not to pay attention to our port side dipsey, at all!  After about an hour of running, I checked some lines and was changing up, pulled the purple harness and found it cleaned.  I gave that guy some grief over that one!
"Beer is the living proof God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

walligeter

« Reply #39 on: Jul 06, 2007, 11:53 AM »
do u fish out of dunkirk allthe time?  i usually fish barcelona. last trip got 6 and lost 2 and 2 whites. biggest was 10lbs. was thinking of going out of the catt maybe next trip. i fished it 2 weeks ago in 6 footers picked up 3 in 3 hrs but marked ton of fish and bait.70 foot was the best screenprobaly 6 miles west of the catt

doctariAFC

« Reply #40 on: Jul 06, 2007, 12:18 PM »
do u fish out of dunkirk allthe time?  i usually fish barcelona. last trip got 6 and lost 2 and 2 whites. biggest was 10lbs. was thinking of going out of the catt maybe next trip. i fished it 2 weeks ago in 6 footers picked up 3 in 3 hrs but marked ton of fish and bait.70 foot was the best screenprobaly 6 miles west of the catt
I usually fish Silver Creek to Barcelona when weather permits.  Early June I like the night bite off Woodlawn Beach.  No real monsters, but tons of eaters when waters are right.

Right now the unsettled weather patterns has water temps bouncing all over in our area.  According to Times Two Charters, the further west you go, the warmer and more stable the waters seem to be, but head east and the scatter effect is happening with cold then warm then cold subsurface waters happen.

Hopefully we will get some stable weather patterns and the schools can set up again.  Looks like some real hot weather the next few days, too, so that second 90 off Silver Creek, west of the Catt and about 8-10 miles out should start seeing schools.
"Beer is the living proof God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

walligeter

« Reply #41 on: Jul 06, 2007, 04:01 PM »
yeah definitely unsettled and scattered fish. might shoot for sunday if weather cooperates.what do u mean by the second 90?

doctariAFC

« Reply #42 on: Jul 09, 2007, 08:03 PM »
yeah definitely unsettled and scattered fish. might shoot for sunday if weather cooperates.what do u mean by the second 90?
There's an area of 90' about 3-4 miles out of Silver Creek, then the depth comes up to about 65-70, then drops back down to 90 + again...  Hence, 2nd 90....

aquaman

• I,ll be home before dark. ( yeah right)
« Reply #43 on: Jul 10, 2007, 08:00 AM »
There's an area of 90' about 3-4 miles out of Silver Creek, then the depth comes up to about 65-70, then drops back down to 90 + again...  Hence, 2nd 90....
Thanks for clearing that up DOC.  I was looking for parrallel lines on my map and it didnt jive.Walleyes s.w. past the departure in buff were packed like sardines on the bottom before the weather, now scattered all over and even back in front of the wind mills.
I remember EVERY TIME I fished or hunted. The REST of the time I...uh...um..... musta been doing something else that didnt matter.

doctariAFC

« Reply #44 on: Jul 11, 2007, 09:15 AM »
Thanks for clearing that up DOC.  I was looking for parrallel lines on my map and it didnt jive.Walleyes s.w. past the departure in buff were packed like sardines on the bottom before the weather, now scattered all over and even back in front of the wind mills.
Strange weather, indeed.  Scatter city.  Hope we get some stable weather soon, so the schools can set up again....

Hoping for a nice day Sunday. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.