FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Susky Walleye Guys?  (Read 12178 times)

bluemountainlaker

• just one more cast!
Re: Susky Walleye Guys?
« Reply #45 on: Mar 26, 2010, 04:20 PM »
yes i agree but most of our streams do have big holdovers i  them from previouse stockong. and they wouldent put trout in a stream if it cant support them in it. and if they are stocking trout in streams that cant support trout then i would be verry unhappy with the stocking efforts. im not saying to not catch stockys but i would say to atleast let some go. i want my money to go to stocking for better fishing.

Corporal Punishment

« Reply #46 on: Mar 26, 2010, 04:49 PM »
There is no hold-overs in PA streams that they stock....Maybe a couple in NY cause it can stay cooler (and maybe a deeper running creek),but not ever a self establishing population even if they put in a billion trout IMO!!!!!And like I said you die-hards can have them,I will be on the Susky having fish fry of walleye every-weekend.... ;D

Cats are just my fun before the walleye season comes in,and the only time "you can" get bragging numbers of them is spring!!!!Gotta have bait for em.... ;)

bluemountainlaker

• just one more cast!
« Reply #47 on: Mar 26, 2010, 04:57 PM »
yea your right.  walleay are deliciouse. i just prefer to catch trout. a little more of i challenge imo

Corporal Punishment

« Reply #48 on: Mar 26, 2010, 05:05 PM »

i just prefer to catch trout. a little more of i challenge imo

That is in your opinion correct!!!! :o   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Walleye is one of the toughest fresh-water fish to catch in the whole United States.................... 8)

perchpounderny

« Reply #49 on: Mar 26, 2010, 05:41 PM »
hey corp you think tomarow morning would be a good day to go out for them cats or u think its too cold

Corporal Punishment

« Reply #50 on: Mar 26, 2010, 06:10 PM »
Cold has no bearing on how I fish cats,I fish the river currents/flood conditions and its lower now so I wouldn't/wont fish for cats tomorrow (I dont  have alot patience,just the experience).Like I said before I caught cats in February this year when we got that fluke flood.Not saying ya wouldn't/wont catch any tomorrow but I can definitly say its not/isn't a peak time to get out there right now. ;)

The peak time isn't here yet and I cant wait for it,im sick of reeling "dead log" cold cats!!! ;D

Hope for at least 1-2 more floods in April then its game-on,or break out the lantern to get them,cause then its a night bite...... 8)

FuzzyGrub

« Reply #51 on: Mar 26, 2010, 06:33 PM »
Hope for at least 1-2 more floods in April then its game-on,or break out the lantern to get them,cause then its a night bite...... 8)

Lets hold off on those floods for now.  Let the walleyes have a good spawn, and yours truley able to get the boat on the river.  ;) 
If it bends my rod, I'm a happy man...

Corporal Punishment

« Reply #52 on: Mar 26, 2010, 08:25 PM »
Lets hold off on those floods for now.  Let the walleyes have a good spawn, and yours truley able to get the boat on the river.  ;) 

Alright I can prolly give those walleye a week or 2 to do there thing while I stock up on cut-bait!!!!Then its gonna be a rain dance.............. 8)

Walleye don't open up till May gotta have some fun until then!!!! ;D

Corporal Punishment

« Reply #53 on: Mar 27, 2010, 10:58 AM »
A boater put in at Nichols launch today,and must of had motor problems.They were well below Athens PA before they were rescued by a farmer....Must of got caught up the river without a paddle!!! :-\

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.