FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Crappies are turning on!!!  (Read 6237 times)

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
Re: Crappies are turning on!!!
« Reply #45 on: Apr 01, 2010, 08:01 AM »
  Haven't been there in a long time, you just brought up a couple of fond memories of a good friend who passed away sometime ago,, thanks man, had some good times at the mud lock..  Me and my good friend Bill Travis used to fish channel cats, then hit the craps and on warm nights hit top water largies from a row boat out near the d**e in the dark, back then you could walk across the dam used to get craps on the other side below in the pool....  I wasn't much of a panfisher in those days, Travis would get on the craps and he would not leave that spot til we were limited, used to drive me nuts, I liked big fish back then, GOOD TIMES..
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Gamma Fish

« Reply #46 on: Apr 01, 2010, 08:58 AM »
 Haven't been there in a long time, you just brought up a couple of fond memories of a good friend who passed away sometime ago,, thanks man, had some good times at the mud lock..  Me and my good friend Bill Travis used to fish channel cats, then hit the craps and on warm nights hit top water largies from a row boat out near the d**e in the dark, back then you could walk across the dam used to get craps on the other side below in the pool....  I wasn't much of a panfisher in those days, Travis would get on the craps and he would not leave that spot til we were limited, used to drive me nuts, I liked big fish back then, GOOD TIMES..
That area is always an adventure !    You never know what you'll catch in the canal !     I've lost a few rods over the years when big cats yanked them into the canal !     Some of the biggest Pike I've ever caught in New York have come from under the Thruway bridge.
  I used to duck hunt that little pond just east of the canal near Thruway bridge.  We stocked it with big shiners and after a morning of hunting, we'd catch some shiners and head to the spot under the bridge and float them under a bobber.    It was either big pike or big cats that ate them with regularity !       
  Now I'm itching to catch a big catfish and I just happen to be headed to Montezuma today ! ;) ;) ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #47 on: Apr 01, 2010, 10:21 AM »
memorys  become a  part of fishing snagger,  as i was  casting today  got  thinking of  fishing  at horse  shoe with my dad ! great times  we  had ,i can honestly say  he was my best friend ..... snag i think we should  hit the walleye  spot you showed me  .... there  should  be  some  good   crappies and gills in there  soon!
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

crappiekiller315

• whackin&stackin I LIKE TO EAT BASS
« Reply #48 on: Apr 01, 2010, 02:35 PM »
Trapper I'm headin that way in a bit will post later how it is
do you think there would be less idiot's if it were not illegal to kill people!!!!!
Mmmmmmmm bass the other white meat!!!!!!

Huntny30

• "What ever you are, be a good one." Abe
« Reply #49 on: Apr 01, 2010, 07:55 PM »
Beautiful day...
\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

trapper2000

« Reply #50 on: Apr 01, 2010, 08:01 PM »
was cool at first  bu that sun was great!

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #51 on: Apr 01, 2010, 08:13 PM »
Good day for an afternoon fish with the boy, only 1 keeper perch, a few dinks, and rock bass turned on for a bit

trapper2000

« Reply #52 on: Apr 02, 2010, 03:50 AM »
heading out in a few minutes  myself

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.