FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: carp,catfish,white perch,rock bass  (Read 6182 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
carp,catfish,white perch,rock bass
« on: May 03, 2010, 08:21 AM »
i have notched  several  fisherman  on her seem to seek  the more undesirable  species  of  fish , i know  i really do enjoy  catchin  rock bass  and white perch ...  there  easy to  catch  fight hard  and  RG  white  perch in your  soup  are really awesome!!!!!
 maybe it takes me  back to my childhood  or maybe i just like the action ...i'm just wondering   why the others  enjoy it too
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Gamma Fish

Re: carp,catfish,white perch,rock bass
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 08:30 AM »
i have notched  several  fisherman  on her seem to seek  the more undesirable  species  of  fish , i know  i really do enjoy  catchin  rock bass  and white perch ...  there  easy to  catch  fight hard  and  RG  white  perch in your  soup  are really awesome!!!!!
maybe it takes me  back to my childhood  or maybe i just like the action ...i'm just wondering   why the others  enjoy it too
Maybe it's because as the grey hairs on your head increase, the ability and desire to chase fish with brains decreases  ;D ;D ;D
 Been there....Done that ! ;)
Plastics are Fantastic !

skidplate

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 08:32 AM »
I enjoy catching anything I can catch, I'm like a little kid, I can set on my dock and catch sunnies, rock bass, carp, sheephead, etc. and never get tired of it. I've lived here for 11 years now still not old yet.  I swear it is like I'm 9 years old.
There is only one kind of freedom and that's individual liberty. Our lives come from our creator and our liberty comes from our creator. It has nothing to do with government granting it.
 Ron Paul

skidplate

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 08:34 AM »
Gamma, fish with brains? Come on.
There is only one kind of freedom and that's individual liberty. Our lives come from our creator and our liberty comes from our creator. It has nothing to do with government granting it.
 Ron Paul

MeatHunter737

• GutPileStyle
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 08:38 AM »
I kept 3 rock bass the other night, and when my wife saw the fillets she was like......  :o ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ::) :-\ :-\

my thoughts are..... :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :clapping: :clapping: 8) 8) 8)

trapper2000

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 09:39 AM »
Maybe it's because as the grey hairs on your head increase, the ability and desire to chase fish with brains decreases  ;D ;D ;D
 Been there....Done that ! ;)

gamma  all fish  on the  evolutional  scale  are  one step above  a  carrot ......  you think  some have intellagance????????.......  i think  something with a  brain  smaller then a pea  has out smarted  gamma before :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

Gamma Fish

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 09:49 AM »

gamma  all fish  on the  evolutional  scale  are  one step above  a  carrot ......  you think  some have intellagance????????.......  i think  something with a  brain  smaller then a pea  has out smarted  gamma before :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
And they still do at times.  ;D       

Gamma, fish with brains? Come on.
Absolutely !     Big brown trout (in creeks) in mid summer, and most other fish that aren't on the spawn or are just out there to eat, spawn and die !
  Other than the dumbest fish that swims (Largemouth Bass) most other fish are generally tougher to catch during the non spawn /ice out season.  They tend to use their brains after those times.    Even the lowly sheephead gets tougher to catch !
Plastics are Fantastic !

skidplate

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 09:54 AM »
Not eating does not equal smart.  In that case mouthbrooding cichlids and spawning salmon must be the Einstens of fish, no?
 Ron Paul

trapper2000

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 10:10 AM »
fish are  creatures of  reaction and  envoriment , they  do not  have the ablity to reason 

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 10:38 AM »
Fish ain't got thumbs just yet.  ::)

I've always targeted fish that are available. My floating tackle box is equipped for more species of fish than most bait and tackle shops. How much more fun can a fisher have than to target fun fighters like sheepshead with a flyrod in a river, or carp in a backyard creek, or smallmouth in the depths of Lake Ontario, or perch.....mmmmmmm....perch.

All my fishing life, 50+ years of it, I've chosen the fish I wanted to catch, worked at perfecting the methods and found success....in varying degrees.

So many fish....so little time. I'm headed to the creek this afternoon to see what's happening. Gotta put the finishing touches on some truck repairs first.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

nypike

• Where da fish at?
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2010, 10:45 AM »
just got back from a little sucker fishing. wind is to bad for my small boat and its threatening a down pour, so I hit the stream and the suckers are in there full force. I fish for the fight, but do like to eat walleye, perch, and northerns.

trapper2000

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2010, 01:50 PM »
i have  gotten sheep head on flys  jigs  rapalas  and  j plugs  trolling in 100  ft of water  lol , i do look forward to a  carp on the flyrod, ;D

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2010, 02:09 PM »
i am going to try the carp on a fly rod this summer down on the river. they are all over the surface after bass season is open. trapper you should do that in your kayak so the fish can pull you all over the river ;D ;D

trapper2000

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2010, 03:05 PM »
crap on the  fly steel  cage  match  !!!!!  or  battle  of the  old  buzzards   rg  your  getting  called  out  buddy!!!!  after  this  athletic  compation  i  suggest   a  texus  hot and  cold  heineken  at  rudes

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2010, 04:31 PM »
Well. I just finished a 2 day marathon wrenching on my Little Red Truck. Had to get things in good working order for towing the boat.
Rear brake shoes
Rear drums
Brake springs
emergency brake cables
rear axle seal
front brake pads
rebuild front calipers
sway bar link
Oil/filter change
air filter

Whew.....It really only took about 7 hours total, but I believe I owe myself some fishing time.

Carp on the fly will have to wait till mid June I'd say...Gotta get past the spawn before they're cooperative. But ...GAME ON MAN!

We'll need to work out the rules first. I suggest best 2 out of 3 rounds. Your water, my water, unknown water. Awards to be determined ;D

Dogs and a beer sound great to me no matter what.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.