FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: need help boys ...i have a 1967 9.5 johnson  (Read 8658 times)

sunshine

Re: need help boys ...i have a 1967 9.5 johnson
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2010, 07:06 AM »
I have the same motor and had the same problem. I bought the manual from iboats and it does not show a pump diagram.
I wound up buying a new pump and it wasn't that expensive. The bigger problem was getting the corn kernels and sunflower seeds out of the carburetor and reed valve box. Love those chipmonks.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2010, 08:22 AM »
I have the same motor and had the same problem. I bought the manual from iboats and it does not show a pump diagram.
I wound up buying a new pump and it wasn't that expensive. The bigger problem was getting the corn kernels and sunflower seeds out of the carburetor and reed valve box. Love those chipmonks.

where did you get the  new pump?
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Gamma Fish

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2010, 08:41 AM »
go to www.iboats.com      You can find everything there.  ;)
Plastics are Fantastic !

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2010, 12:39 AM »
Trap....You know that ya can always bring that pump to my place and see if I can make magic for ya! Can't guarentee anything, but ya know that I can rebuild/and have connections ;)

Gamma Fish

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2010, 01:48 AM »
http://merchant.auctivacommerce.com/s2723/Johnson-Evinrude-6-95HP-OEM-Fuel-Pump-388833-P672340.aspx

The price is a little steep there but you can find them for $50.00 or so if you search around a little.

Your motor is a model MQ 13  or MQL 13 and requires part # 380016  (Fuel Pump Assembly)      It's a very universal pump that was used for many years.
  If you really need one in a pinch, call Discount Marine in Port Byron.    That guy has the boat bone yard and has everything in stock.   Used and new !    Cheap too.......just the way you like it  ;D ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2010, 02:05 AM »
There goes one of my loud mouth connections! :w00t: :whistling: Who gots your back boys?

1fish@atime

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2010, 05:40 AM »
How did you make out Trap?
I did see a site that had them for around 65.00 shipped.

kchamp

• fish hard or stay home
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2010, 07:09 AM »
trap if you still need help with it let me no, good at fixing anything from motors to computers. Been working on boats with the old man since I could walk

Gamma Fish

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2010, 07:21 AM »
trap if you still need help with it let me no, good at fixing anything from motors to computers. Been working on boats with the old man since I could walk
Bring a hatchet and a crow bar !    Trapper needs a frontal lobotomy while you're at it !  ;D ;D ;D ;D   
Plastics are Fantastic !

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2010, 07:22 AM »
I DO I NEED ONE PERFORMED ON A FRIEND NAMED GAMMA  :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Gamma Fish

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2010, 07:28 AM »
I DO I NEED ONE PERFORMED ON A FRIEND NAMED GAMMA  :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
You're the one who's in love with a rock bass  :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
Plastics are Fantastic !

icedd

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2010, 07:32 AM »
I just did one ,the pump was weak but it still wouldn,t run good turned out the carb needed a good  cleaning to

cnypanfisher

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2010, 07:44 AM »
I did the same thing on the same motor only it was a 15 hp Johnson last year. They used to sell the rebuild kits but there was more $$$ in selling the whole units. Plus they are a bass turd to put back together unless you do it for a living. I bought a new pump for 80 bucks from that guy on the south shore of Oneida in Cicero. It is worth not having the headache of trying to rebuild it. By the way, that motor is one of the best small outboard motors they ever made, and you can get 15 HP out of it if you have the bigger carb. It is very desirable if you get your hands on one, keep it. While you are there grab a recoil spring as well, you never know. They are only 12 dollars or something like that, and a new rope is a good thing too while you are farting around with it.

cny

Gamma Fish

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2010, 08:04 AM »
I did the same thing on the same motor only it was a 15 hp Johnson last year. They used to sell the rebuild kits but there was more $$$ in selling the whole units. Plus they are a bass turd to put back together unless you do it for a living. I bought a new pump for 80 bucks from that guy on the south shore of Oneida in Cicero. It is worth not having the headache of trying to rebuild it. By the way, that motor is one of the best small outboard motors they ever made, and you can get 15 HP out of it if you have the bigger carb. It is very desirable if you get your hands on one, keep it. While you are there grab a recoil spring as well, you never know. They are only 12 dollars or something like that, and a new rope is a good thing too while you are farting around with it.

cny
That's the truth !     The MQ 13 (13 designation really stands for 13 HP if you ask me) and it'll obtain 15 to 18 HP performance with the carb change or work !
  This was a motor that Johnson put a 9.5 and later a 9.9 decal on them to get away with selling them to markets where there were 10 HP maximum restrictions on lakes/rivers (mostly Canada)         
  Wish I never sold mine but I do still have a QD 15 from the early 50's that'll stand a16 ft aluminum on end  ;D ;D ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

cnypanfisher

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2010, 08:11 AM »
That guy that owns Toad harbor marina puts a 25 hp on one of his livery boats every year. The only thing in the water is the prop and about the last 2 inches of the boat when he gets it going. Probably a helifun ride when you have flat water. :)

cny

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.