FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Honeoye  (Read 2287 times)

slipperyfish

Honeoye
« on: Jun 12, 2004, 07:50 AM »
Hey folks
Anything going on at honeoye?  My buddy has been out there a few times in the last 2 weeks and says he is getting big gills and some pearch.  Anyone been there lately?

slipperyfish

Re: Honeoye
« Reply #1 on: Jun 21, 2004, 02:04 PM »
Yup.. my buddy was right.  Went there friday and between the 2 of us we nailed the gills, perch and a few crapie.  We only kept the gills that were 1lb or larger!  One of the best days of fishing Ive ever had!

phisher

« Reply #2 on: Jun 23, 2004, 07:17 PM »
Slipperyfish - where'd you find them gills?  Expect to be fishing Honeoye this weekend and sometimes enjoy chasing the gills after coralling a few largemouths.

slipperyfish

« Reply #3 on: Jul 06, 2004, 10:01 AM »
We are finding the gills along the west shore about at the mid point of the lake.  My fishing buddy picked up a few eyes there last week... same area in 14 fow.

wny angler

« Reply #4 on: Jul 08, 2004, 12:49 PM »
we went up to honeoye to try for some big gills july 6th.
after trying a bunch of different spots,we found some very nice size gills(9 to 11") a a few nice 10" crappies out in 13 to 17 fow between the point and the marina on the n-e end of the lake on the deep weed edges and just outside - got most on worms fished a few ft off the bottom,caught the crappies on red glitter tube jigs 7ft down under a float at sunset.the best fishing was from 8pm til it got dark. most other guys were fishing a bit shallower but we found the big gills & crappie outside the weed edges at 17'-- we found these fish ourselves and probably won't be out there again til next year so i don't mind giving up the information

if your out for the jumbo gills keep an eye on your rods--had a 10.5 incher yank my rod into the lake had to dive in for it

DOUGLAS CONARD

« Reply #5 on: Jul 16, 2004, 02:40 PM »
MONSTER GILLS ON GREEN / PINK GITZITS TIP WITH MEAL WORMS HOOK IN TAIL OR WILL DIE, 15 FT OF WATER
 SOUTH OF NEPTUNES IN FRONT OF WHITE HOUSE W/ BLACK SHUTTERS. USE BOBBOR 7 FT DOWN ::) ::) ::) 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.