FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: tully lake association eliminates big boat problem  (Read 2260 times)

bigdave1018

tully lake association eliminates big boat problem
« on: Jul 05, 2004, 06:49 AM »
i talked to my buddy who owns the only island in tully lake and he informed me about this problem. it seems that quite a few BASS fishermen with their BIG boats and huge motors decided to take over tully 1 day last week. the assoc. got together and put big blocks on the friendly shores boat ramp eliminating that prob. for good. these real sportsmen were  harrassing other fishers and being real s.o.b.s and idiots!!!!!

venisonman

Re: tully lake association eliminates big boat problem
« Reply #1 on: Jul 05, 2004, 12:07 PM »
They closed up the ramp or the whole parking lot? I applaud them, but is it legal?  I love fishing tully in my kayak and hate all the problems I've had with the skiers buzzing us (me and my 6 yr old).
Genesis 9:2 The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea, they are given into your hands.

bigdave1018

« Reply #2 on: Jul 06, 2004, 06:19 PM »
just the ramp i think venisonman.

Mudbug

« Reply #3 on: Jul 07, 2004, 05:20 AM »
Does it mean that only boats that can be carried in can be used? Instead of shutting down the ramp, maybe the Ass. should of set up a toll booth and charged a  fee to use the lake for a day. I been waked out by boaters and skiers on the lake, the people who live there were the ones speeding around. I think the Ass. got upset, cause they couldn't fly around the lake like they usually do, when the Bass tourn. was going on. Or they couldn't get their jet skis, or boats in, cause the ramp was being used by fishermen.

bigdave1018

« Reply #4 on: Jul 07, 2004, 06:42 AM »
in my opinion, the people who live on tully acually think that they also own the lake!!!!! the only other boats that they want on THEIR lake are cartops and paddleboats aka canoes and kayaks. their speed rules for boats from the outside is zero wake but it doesnt apply to lake residents. hey caz is the same way,they only want caz residents to use the lake. caz lake owners wanted nys to stock it with walleyes and the state told them we want to put a public launch in caz. the residents voted the ramp out because they dont want outsiders using their lake!!!!! i guess it boils down to obey tully and cazs lake rules or stay off THEIR LAKE!!!!!!!!

ajwiez2

« Reply #5 on: Jul 11, 2004, 02:27 PM »
you know this sounds funny because this is just what has happened on Otter Lake ,there is a jerk here who thinks that the lake is HIS and he doesn't want anyone who doesn't live there to use  the lake, accually he doesn't even want them to use it niether.He had the town of Cato impose a speed limit on the lake so the people who have camps there can't water ski on it . And he has imposed a ban on ice fishermen so we can't get on the lake during the winter to fish it. I wonder just where these
( Brown Eyes ) come from.           

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.