FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Saranac Lake chain  (Read 2005 times)

Hookset

Saranac Lake chain
« on: Jul 12, 2004, 09:04 AM »
I am heading up to Fish Creek Ponds campground this weekend for the week.  I have vacationed there my entire life, but have never made the journey from Upper Saranac to Middle, where the bass fishing is supposed to be better.  Anyone ever taken that route ????  How was the fishing?
We don't own the Earth, the Earth owns us.
US ARMY Veteran: A Battery 6/32 FA, MLRS

ace

Re: Saranac Lake chain
« Reply #1 on: Jul 13, 2004, 10:41 PM »
...........i camped and stayed at MIDDLE SARANAC the last 10 years, went this year and me and a buddy caught some nice NORTHERNS, if you are going to go to middle, head to WELLERS POND, go back in the pond and there is a ton of nice BASS,and PIKE...fish it with spinners, tubes, top water....you will be sure to get something, they held the OUTDOOR games on the lake a few years back, SHAW ISL. is a great place to catch FAT BASS...alot of smallies i caught,  also fish the coves in and around WINDY and UMBRELLA point....if its windy the fish will head that way....it may be one of the most BEAUTIFUL LAKES ive been on, the sceenery is AWESOME...i love the river that connects lower to middle it is amazing with its rock formations and its peacefulness, alot of PICKERL and BASS in there by the weeds and rocks......if your going bring a CASE OF BEER and enjoy ...i will head back in AUG.  with the family........................................LAT ER..............

Hookset

« Reply #2 on: Jul 15, 2004, 02:34 PM »
Ace:  Thanks for the info.  I am looking forward to familiarizing myself with the waters of the Saranac Lake chain.  I have always done well in Upper Saranac but heard that none of the locals fish it for anything besides lakers and salmon.  I'm not a trolling/downrigger guy so I'll leave that stuff to them.  Off to the slop I go...

Hookset

« Reply #3 on: Jul 26, 2004, 10:23 AM »
Well, got back from Saranac Lake this weekend.  The lake was cool and the wind was blowing all week.  Little rain, but very unstable weather.  The fishing was brutal.  Tried almost everything to coax a bronze back to smack anything...nothing.  Took a couple of pike and a dink largemouth.  Trailered the boat and pulled to the Racquette River launch on Rte 30 just north of Tupper Lake.  Better day with six or seven pike in the boat, a ton of short strikes and a bunch of lost gear.  Not a banner outing, but the old saying still rings true:  A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.