FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Whats the best way to clean sunnys?  (Read 3843 times)

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
Re: Whats the best way to clean sunnys?
« Reply #45 on: Jun 03, 2011, 01:38 AM »
Settle down Junior !     I didn't get this big by wasting fish  ;D ;D
  You young guys had it too easy !    Momma probably cut the crust off of your gourmet peanut butter and jelly sandwiches too  ;D ;D ;D

PS:  Sometimes we leave the heads on the gills and sunfish so we can chew around the eye sockets  ;D ;D ;D

UHHH. Did you forget who your talking too Mr.??? Look at the size of my gut..... I made all the kids in school give me their crusts off the pbj's. Can't let good food go to waste for cripes sake. ???

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #46 on: Jun 03, 2011, 01:42 AM »
Know it !    I invented it ! ;D ;D ;D ;)
  No better soup on the planet ! ;) ;)

Funny....I recall you explaining that Ol' Guinea recipe to me not too long ago Gamma.....and I just shook my head.

Gamma Fish

« Reply #47 on: Jun 03, 2011, 02:33 AM »
Funny....I recall you explaining that Ol' Guinea recipe to me not too long ago Gamma.....and I just shook my head.
Let's get out and catch a bunch of panfish and I'll make a big caldron of the soup for you ! ;)  Don't worry, I strain the broth twice so no hunks of fish intestines or gills get into your bowl ;D ;D ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #48 on: Jun 03, 2011, 02:43 AM »
Let's get out and catch a bunch of panfish and I'll make a big caldron of the soup for you ! ;)  Don't worry, I strain the broth twice so no hunks of fish intestines or gills get into your bowl ;D ;D ;D

Eiffff! your on your own with the soup......but  I'll catch som fish wid ya. ;)

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #49 on: Jun 03, 2011, 05:49 AM »

ive had similar soups im sure tony , im down for you're version anytime  ;D at pheobees i used to make boulibase and id buy cod bodys from the fish monger for the broth , used to flavor it with saffron and roasted fennel  ;D mmmmmmmmmm

Gamma Fish

« Reply #50 on: Jun 03, 2011, 10:06 AM »

ive had similar soups im sure tony , im down for you're version anytime  ;D at pheobees i used to make boulibase and id buy cod bodys from the fish monger for the broth , used to flavor it with saffron and roasted fennel  ;D mmmmmmmmmm
Add a little heavy cream to that and it makes a nice fishy sauce  ;) ;)

We never wasted anything in the kitchen ! ;)
Plastics are Fantastic !

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #51 on: Jun 03, 2011, 10:45 AM »
lance  we  grew  up on  the  stuff  ....it  really  is   great  !  and  you  can use  what  ever  you have  ,  people   think  pasta   when  they think italian  ...better get  a  map  notice  water  surrunds  more  the  3/4  of  it  ...and  gamma  what  about  christmas  eve  diner  :D  .......i'm  all  for  a   fish fry  soup  day!
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

bcons

« Reply #52 on: Jun 03, 2011, 11:11 AM »
People just don't like the sound of the soup until they try it  ;).  Gnocchi Pescatore, boil the gnocchi in a slightly watered down version of the soup stock add shrimp, clams, mussels, fish in any combo :flex:  I'd challenge anyone to say they didn't like that.  To put it in some context, the fish soup, Gnoochi & a few other dishes are much like "Biscuts & Gravy"  They were born out of need to feed a large family on a low budget, yet hung around & are now served not out of need, but because they're great.  At first who'd think some cream gravy with fat & oil and a tiny bit of sausage was good on a biscut?  Never thought about using flatfish though, good idea!
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.